Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"You want to test your claim in combat?" Karie questioned. "Why? Surely you'd have proof outside of combat that you are the Golden Dragon. I don't need to get walloped by you for you to prove that you're the Golden Dragon. I mean, anyone with enough martial prowess could probably do that." Karie crossed her arms, looking the Golden Dragon over. Something was off about all of this, Karie just couldn't figure out what.

27584467349_794287704d_t.jpg
"And what would convince you, Miss?"

37882213835_e6563e17b0_t.jpg
"Alderflask. Rogue, pretty close with House HInckwell. I think Landura may have had notes on an Alderflask involved with some sort of organization known as the Syndicate as well."

27584467349_794287704d_t.jpg
"Miss Alderflask. Would you be satiated with tales of Heroica's past? Details concerning prior heroes come and gone? No? I thought not. My thanks for your concern, but it is unwarranted."

50 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Are you... using the Miracleworker to revive people, and then interrogate them?

"Oh the dead are more than willin' to talk to Mycroft, especially when they have something important they took with 'em."

12 hours ago, Kintobor said:

---

Annienal closes her eyes as Vindsval says his prayer. She nods to Vindsval after.

"Well... I'm going now. I'm, uh... heading out of here. I'm, um..." Annienal sniffles. She laughs. "I'm going to miss you, Vindsval. I'll, um, try and write to you." Annienal wipes away her tears before speaking to Vindsval one last time.

"Well, uh, I suppose this is goodbye, Vindsval- definitely not farewell though! Um... *ahem* see you around."

Annienal bows to Vindsval before turning around. She looks down the steps of Heroica hall and begins to descend the steps. She did not know what would befall Heroica, or her friends there. She inhaled the cool winter air as she headed out to the street.

"Hey." The pale faced woman called back to her. Annienal turned around as she looked back. "You're the girl Warlen liked, right?" She asked. Annienal nodded. She'd met Warlen? The pale faced woman grinned. "Don't let go of him once you find him. He's a keeper." Annienal was taken aback slightly by the woman's statement, but steeled herself and nodded confidently, gripping her fists. Looking down towards the harbour, Annienal went out into the world beyond Eubric Freeport with a newfound hope welling in her heart after what felt like years milling around the hall. Would she find Warlen? Would she fly as a dragon? Could she even fly as a dragon? She didn't know, but one thing she did know is that she could not do it while in Heroica. This was a journey she, for the time being, had to start by herself. For what felt like the first time in her life, Annienal Anavir embraced the unknown, unsure of where her journey would take her, and what she'd do on it. 

Goodbye Annie, Emotion swells in his gravelly voice, Walk well.  You will be missed.

8 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"You want to test your claim in combat?" Karie questioned. "Why? Surely you'd have proof outside of combat that you are the Golden Dragon. I don't need to get walloped by you for you to prove that you're the Golden Dragon. I mean, anyone with enough martial prowess could probably do that." Karie crossed her arms, looking the Golden Dragon over. Something was off about all of this, Karie just couldn't figure out what.

"It doesn't matter, though. I'm really not in any position to say anything to you. Best of luck with whatever it is your doing. You're going to need it." Karie chided calmly before turning to Dyric and Vindsval. "I'm heading to that tavern everyone else is bustling over to. Do what you two must. I'll see you guys there in a bit." Glaring at the trio of veterans standing near the doors one last time, Karie scoffed before heading to the Lady Luck's Locale.

Indeed, it would seem there is little left for us here.  I will go with you Songsmith.

As he turns to leave with Karie, he turns his head one last time towards the two "Legendary Founders"

I will pass your message of patience to those who will listen, and pray that what you intend falls true.  But know this, if you are charlatans along this road, those of the Hall will rise against you.

With that he exits the hall with Karie, hopefully not for a final time, and begins his walk to the Tavern in question.

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Oh the dead are more than willin' to talk to Mycroft, especially when they have something important they took with 'em."

Rone baulks at the thought, mulling over the ethical implications of such an action. Perhaps the Miracleworker had been feared for good reason after all. With a grisly nod, Dyric backs away from the conversation and follows Karie and Vindsval to the tavern. Maybe if they organized, they could have better luck. Dyric Rone gave one final look at the Hall that had once been an unfamiliar sight, been a home, been a sorrow, and most of all: it had forever been a catalyst of inward change. He bid a final farewell and stepped away. 

As the last of the heroes were routed from the hall, one of the herded mass caught their lengthy coat on the once-majestic stone steps leading up to the huge double doors, and with a variety of swears, tripped and rolled the rest of the way down to the street. Snatching an oversized hat from beside their landing zone, the rogueish, extraordinarily unkempt and bedraggled figure crammed it back atop their head, shaking off the last vestiges of a hangover and sprinting back up the steps to the door, only to find it securely locked.

"Bastards!" grumbled Atramor, aiming a few useless kicks against the solid wooden entrance he'd never seen sealed off like this. "The hell am I s'post to sleep now? I wasn't finished with my drink!!" The rogue's somewhat slurred speech paused while he pulled a lockpocking kit out of his coat, only to fumble and drop the whole damn thing, each tool skittering away in a different direction. "Oh, for the love of- ya' know, mates, this ain't how Heroica's worked for the past seven goddamn years! When we screw up, we fix it!" He again pulled on the handle. "End of the day, we're it. Ain't got nobody else to turn to: give us enough time and we'll figure the damn thing out eventually, because I tell you what, this age of heroes doesn't stop tryin', and- and ya' know what?" He left one last kick at the door, scooping up his kit as he stepped down the stairs, turning back to look at Heroica Hall with a glare once he'd reached the bottom and picked up the last of his things - an empty bottle of rum. Perhaps the last he'd get from the saloon. "And we don't fake our deaths, and we don't run away and hide like a bunch of damn cowards, we stay put and we fix our SHlT!" And with that, Atramor flung the bottle at the door, the glass bottle shattering into a hundred tiny fragments on impact, leaving no sign of damage whatsoever. It seemed to be enough for the rogue, however, as he stuffed his hands into his coat, muttering to himself, as he melted into the streets of Eubric. 

“Well, its about time I stretched the old legs again,” Rethinal mutters as he signs up for quest 158 Color me shocked.

Edited by Rconn0
Adding in quest name

Sham Poo wanders into the hall before setting himself up behind the bar.
44079848450_076baf152a_o.jpg
"Get a job she says, I can't keep losing you she says, hitch-hiking is no way to start in business she says. Fine I think I'll start here. Let me know if you heroes need anything to drink... or otherwise."

Sebastian Iksworbad was using his jet shield by the speed of quantum-fusion [{(which just means the higher he stood on it the more dangerous it seemed to want to flamethrower. So with the correct balance it became a means of transportation.)}] to spiral down into the town to when-he-then had to tilt the shield to have it skyrocket up above him, he caught it at that moment and bursted through the doors to the Heroica Hall. With the flamboyancy still in the air that brought him in he vindicated a grin and walked towards the bar. Who greeted him the way she did on the first page. "Thanks for the mead! This shield is radical, I'm lucky to avenge my ancestors country - 'Shampoo'?" He wondered. Then just went on with it anyways "Yeah, sure no problem." He said as he turned to check out his surroundings.

That's when he bumped into Sham-Poo essentially. "Name's Sebastian. I'm a SNAKE-SLAYER of POLAND descent. Knight of Zajebisty."

Hi Viper Knight. Sadly, Heroica has ended. BUT if you want to help throw ideas around for a possible Heroica 2.0, join the below discussion.