Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

17 minutes ago, Siercon and Coral said:

Siercon wandered into the hall. 'That... an interesting group of heroes...'he thought to himself. Referring to the quest from which he was returning..

hearing the vague conversation about the fields, Siercon seemed to gain a slight bit of energy. 

"I'm down with a field's run. As for the repetitive company, that makes it all the more alluring." He said noting the people interested.

following the statement he sits near Keliim, forgetting pleasentries and awkwardly sitting silent and slightly hazy.

"I'm ready if anyone else wants to go."

2 hours ago, Siercon and Coral said:

Siercon wandered into the hall. 'That... an interesting group of heroes...'he thought to himself. Referring to the quest from which he was returning..

hearing the vague conversation about the fields, Siercon seemed to gain a slight bit of energy. 

"I'm down with a field's run. As for the repetitive company, that makes it all the more alluring." He said noting the people interested.

following the statement he sits near Keliim, forgetting pleasentries and awkwardly sitting silent and slightly hazy.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

"I'm ready if anyone else wants to go."

Karie appears, having returned to the hall after an absence. She lays her gear down on the floor and leans forward onto the table, her eyes looking ready for action.

"Got room for a talented minstrel on this crew?"

25 minutes ago, wiz said:

"I would go, but I'm rather low leveled."

"Are you looking to gain some experience out in the field? I might be able to assist you." Karie responds. Laying her Medal of Valor on the table. "This will put some pep in your step. If you come along, I'll let you borrow it."

37 minutes ago, wiz said:

"I would go, but I'm rather low leveled."

"No worries, we'll look out for you."

1 minute ago, Kintobor said:

Karie appears, having returned to the hall after an absence. She lays her gear down on the floor and leans forward onto the table, her eyes looking ready for action.

"Got room for a talented minstrel on this crew?"

"Are you looking to gain some experience out in the field? I might be able to assist you." Karie responds. Laying her Medal of Valor on the table. "This will put some pep in your step. If you come along, I'll let you borrow it."

"Always, Karie." Kiray makes room for the two additions. "I must say, I don't think you and I have worked together yet."

Just now, KotZ said:

"Always, Karie." Kiray makes room for the two additions. "I must say, I don't think you and I have worked together yet."

Surprised was not something Karie was at Kiray knowing her name. Maybe the old Karie might've been. Karie was proud of the fact that she had made a name for herself in Eubric, that people recognized her by name and face. "Likewise. I believe your name is Kiray? I've seen you around the hall before, but I don't think we've had a conversation together. I'm well acquainted with your friend, Seircon, though." She gives the battlemage a thumbs up. 

Just now, Kintobor said:

Surprised was not something Karie was at Kiray knowing her name. Maybe the old Karie might've been. Karie was proud of the fact that she had made a name for herself in Eubric, that people recognized her by name and face. "Likewise. I believe your name is Kiray? I've seen you around the hall before, but I don't think we've had a conversation together. I'm well acquainted with your friend, Seircon, though." She gives the battlemage a thumbs up. 

"Yup. Likewise, I've seen you in the hall. You and Siercon just came from a quest if I'm not mistaken?"

Just now, KotZ said:

"Yup. Likewise, I've seen you in the hall. You and Siercon just came from a quest if I'm not mistaken?"

"No. I've been at home for awhile. If Siercon's been off on a quest, it's the first I've heard about it."

"Ah," she nods. "The how did you two become acquainted? Romance?"

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

"Ah," she nods. "The how did you two become acquainted? Romance?"

Karie snickers, slowly waving her hand in the air, her wedding band glistening in the light. "I've been tied down for a while, a couple of years by now at least.

Siercon and I met on a quest to slay a dragon. I find Siercon agreeable enough for company."

12 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Karie snickers, slowly waving her hand in the air, her wedding band glistening in the light. "I've been tied down for a while, a couple of years by now at least.

Siercon and I met on a quest to slay a dragon. I find Siercon agreeable enough for company."

"Funny, Siercon and I met on a quest to find a few dragons and their dragoons." Kiray gave a smile. "He's agreeable for sure. There's worst company to be had in Olegia, or Eubric for that matter. I must say though, the dragons you find around here, and the people, are magnificent. Veterans, prisoners, street vendors. Everyone."

Just now, KotZ said:

"Funny, Siercon and I met on a quest to find a few dragons and their dragoons." Kiray gave a smile. "He's agreeable for sure. There's worst company to be had in Olegia, or Eubric for that matter. I must say though, the dragons you find around here, and the people, are magnificent. Veterans, prisoners, street vendors. Everyone."

Karie huffs quietly. "Well, I suppose some of us have had a better company in this city than I have. Not that it matters much to anyone but me." She smiles. She was kidding herself, surely, but crushing optimism at this point in her career was something she didn't want to do. People in this hall and outside it's walls who had wronged her would pay for what they had done to her, but their times would come eventually. Karie was at least happy to be in the moment, and the prospect of going to the Fields was a change she needed from family life, if even momentarily.

1 minute ago, Kintobor said:

Karie huffs quietly. "Well, I suppose some of us have had a better company in this city than I have. Not that it matters much to anyone but me." She smiles. She was kidding herself, surely, but crushing optimism at this point in her career was something she didn't want to do. People in this hall and outside it's walls who had wronged her would pay for what they had done to her, but their times would come eventually. Karie was at least happy to be in the moment, and the prospect of going to the Fields was a change she needed from family life, if even momentarily.

"You suppose?" Kiray guffawed. "I know this isn't the cleanest city, but there's some good people here. For example, there was an assassin I met. Hard exterior, but when you broke through, she was incredibly kind and welcoming."

Cedric couldn't help but overhear some of his possible future field-of-glory comrades talking about the company of the city. Knowing a bit about the slaving underbelly of the city, he couldn't help but butt in. "The way I see it, in this city the bad outweighs the good. The crime here is awful. Just a few months ago, myself and three others were hired to find a missing Orc, her name was Medusa if I recall correctly, who had been captured and nearly sold into slavery by an Orc. How screwed up is that?"

Fields of Glory Sign Ups

Keliim By Mencott

Siercon by Siercon and Coral

Kiray by KOTZ

Cedric by Wiz

Karie signs up for the Fields of Glory.

23 hours ago, wiz said:

Cedric couldn't help but overhear some of his possible future field-of-glory comrades talking about the company of the city. Knowing a bit about the slaving underbelly of the city, he couldn't help but butt in. "The way I see it, in this city the bad outweighs the good. The crime here is awful. Just a few months ago, myself and three others were hired to find a missing Orc, her name was Medusa if I recall correctly, who had been captured and nearly sold into slavery by an Orc. How screwed up is that?"

Karie nods her head. "Precisely. It's sad when the only man who truly wants to bring an end to slavery in this city or truly cares about that issue is Ulfric Wolfkin. There's a reason he's getting support from the minorities and the lower class in this city: he's listening to them."

Fields of Glory Sign Ups

Keliim By Mencott

Kiray by KOTZ

Cedric by Wiz

Kiray by Kintobor

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Fields of Glory Sign Ups

Keliim By Mencott

Kiray by KOTZ

Cedric by Wiz

Kiray Karie by Kintobor

FTFY :poke:

"This seems like a good group," Kiray said. "Well rounded. Mostly familiar too. So Cedric, what brought you to Heroica? I don't think we've been properly introduced. Kiray Nastayo."

Edited by KotZ

On April 15, 2017 at 11:09 PM, KotZ said:

"This seems like a good group," Kiray said. "Well rounded. Mostly familiar too. So Cedric, what brought you to Heroica? I don't think we've been properly introduced. Kiray Nastayo."

"Cedric. Unfortunately I don't have some dramatic reason or calling to go here, except that after my... Exit... Of my hometown, I needed someplace to go, and when I heard of the free drinks and riches of Heroica, I came straight away, or as soon as straight away you can come on a small boat from Dastan.

The Door to the hall slams open and the smells of the farmyard blow in, leaving none to guess who had just entered.  The old man stumbles in, his hat askew and sweat matting his hair and beard to his head.

heroicanpc-oldmackdonauld.jpg  I sure how there is a group of youngins ready to come to the farm.  I aint never seen the beasties act this way before.

He moves to the board, and looks it up and down, hoping to catch a glimpse of the normal field sign-ups.  He yanks the paper from the wall and looks it over.

Yay-up you five will have to do.  Prepare yourselves as best you can and hurry to the farm.  I recognize yer names so I know ye know the way.   Be quick about it. 

With the paper still in hand he grabs staggers back out of the hall the way he came, leaving nothing but the smell of the barnyard.

Heroes chosen for the Fields of Glory

Keliim By Mencott

Kiray by KOTZ

Cedric by Wiz

Karie by Kintobor

Players please make any final changes to your Character sheets by Noon Tomorrow.  I hope to have the quest starter posted by tomorrow evening. 

Edited by Asphalt

Cedric sees that he has been chosen for the Fields of Glory, so he wanders out of the hall to the Marketplace yet again.

"See you all out there." Kiray picks up her things and then heads to the Fields.

Karie grabs her things, nodding to her group and begins heading for the market.

By the Gods, that was a long Journey.  It has been long months since Grogmas.  It is good to be back home.

Vindsval tromps through the hall and slumps onto his barrel at a corner table.  He sighs and closes his eyes a moment.  When he opens them he removes a large talisman from his cloak pockets and spins it like an enormous coin on the table.

A fork in my path indeed.