Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"That's ain't a bad bet. I'll take it." Bobby salutes Na'im. "Bro, you just made a deal with a demon, dig?"

"Yo, no bro, I think it was like honest to goodness Zoot, you know? Or like maybe a demon just saying that he was Zoot, dig? That's easy as pie. Watch: I am Zoot!" proclaims Bobby and the shadows seem to wiggle and shiver. He giggles emotionlessly and blushes. "Doesn't mean a thing. But like, I do feel like it was really Zoot, you know? Just like a tickle on my spine tells me so. But who knows, you know?"

Naim smiles weakly "Ah…well, I suppose you have a point. Still how can a demon twist eating my fedora's into something negative?"

Naim shifts uneasily "I do not know what that thing was, but I don’t think we shuld talk about it lightly…names can be things of great power you know."

Naim narrows his eyes "Well that would be a...a rather long tale to say the least…do you two have time to spare?"

Jinnipher continued to take swigs from her flask as Na'im spoke. At the end she let out a yawn. "Well isn't that just typical. The red brotherhood or whatever sounds like a bunch of big fanatics. I can't say you're better off here in Heroica, but at least no one's trying to kill you. Well, not currently at least." She frowned slightly at some memory returning to her, but it lasted for only a second before she turned her flask to drip the last of whatever crystal-colored liquid it held into her mouth. She rose from her chair, a little off-balance, and nodded to the Fenarian. "I'm off to do something more interesting. See you around." She turned to go but then called back, "The name's Jinnipher, in case you cared." Without waiting for a response she swaggered downstairs towards the training room.

Bobby blushes - hard to see, but with his new pale skin it appears easily around the rim of the mask. "Yo, sis, I'mma be straight with you and say I still ain't got a lick of Orcish in me. You gonna have to teach me same way I taught you how to talk like you on the streets of Eubric, you dig? Else I'm only gonna get like two or three words out of each of your sentences. Ain't asking you to talk different-" he shoots Na'im a sly teasing glance- "just asking you help me learn, you know what I'm saying?"

Miderun looked directly through the eye slits of Zoot's mask - no easy task. But the words echoing from behind them were some comfort to the berserker. "...Yeah, Bobby. I...dig. That is just a saying my mother used to use."

You use the word Paladin yet again as a curse. Some would say that you use it as the men of these fields say the word Orc or Ogre. Would you not have those perceptions changed? Or are you pleased with being judged by the actions of those in our people's past?

She raised her eyebrows at Vindsval, and her tone changed to annoyance.

"Am I pleased? No. I don't care what they did once. I care what they do now, and what they do now is like a wounded aepyornis, falling behind its herd, pride injured as much as its body. It is pathetic - their hate is pathetic and I see no reason to take on that burden myself. It is good that you are, Takanvy Vindsval, but I will wait and see."

Arthur winces. "Not anymore...and even then it was less 'demons' and more 'the source of demons' power'...which generally puts one in dangerous games of maneuvering against demons. And paying some pretty significant prices."

Caught off-guard, Arthur leaves his hand sticking out for a few awkward moments before withdrawing it.

"Tried to kill and usurp him once. Or more precisely, to help someone else kill and usurp him so I could kill and usurp her..."

"Yo, no bro, I think it was like honest to goodness Zoot, you know? Or like maybe a demon just saying that he was Zoot, dig? That's easy as pie. Watch: I am Zoot!" proclaims Bobby and the shadows seem to wiggle and shiver. He giggles emotionlessly and blushes. "Doesn't mean a thing. But like, I do feel like it was really Zoot, you know? Just like a tickle on my spine tells me so. But who knows, you know?"

Miderun crosses her arms, not looking thrilled about the reverence with which 'Arthur' speaks of this creature.

"You talk like it is a god. A givrok. It doesn't deserve that kind of talk. Whatever it is, it just needs to be taught a lesson and fix Bobby..."

Miderun scribbles her name down under Quest #154.

Edited by CMP

Arthur nods. "That sounds...significantly more plausible. Of course, it could also have just been a reflection of your own expectation of what Zoot is like--that sort of thing is surprisingly common among creatures of Chaos."

Naim smiles weakly "Ah…well, I suppose you have a point. Still how can a demon twist eating my fedora's into something negative?"

Naim shifts uneasily "I do not know what that thing was, but I don’t think we shuld talk about it lightly…names can be things of great power you know."

Arthur scowls darkly. "You'd be surprised at how good demons are at turning something that should be good into something that is ill," he grumbles, thinking back to his experience at Guffington's Spire. At the Fenarian's pronouncement of fear, Arthur laughs--a bit forcedly, to the more perceptive spectators. "Zoot! Azazot! Abraxas! Marilith! Mephisto!" Arthur chuckles lightly, with a tinge of dark to it. "Master cleric, where do you think those demons get their power? Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself--and demons will gorge themselves on that fear. Though it may be difficult to find in the moment, mirth and humor are the two best weapons a demon-hunter may wield."

Miderun crosses her arms, not looking thrilled about the reverence with which 'Arthur' speaks of this creature.

"You talk like it is a god. A givrok. It doesn't deserve that kind of talk. Whatever it is, it just needs to be taught a lesson and fix Bobby..."

Miderun scribbles her name down under Quest #154.

"It is, and it isn't. Yes, that's contradictory--it's part of its nature, as a being of Chaos. But as for teaching it a lesson..." With a sudden ferocity, Zoot's Rebel slams the butt of his halberd against the floor, splotches of dark ink-like goo spattering the floor beneath both arm and unusually unnaturally-curved blade. The Skirmisher had not drawn the weapon, nor summoned it--one moment it had been gone, and the next, there. "There I can agree--but it is easier said than done, and oft the ones seeking to teach that lesson find ourselves earning one...earning a lesson in cost." The weapon is gone--there is no blade, no mess, no ink. But for the space of a few short breaths, it hadn't even been there. "The last three people I know of who went up against Zoot ended up, in order, posessed, killed, and corrupted. You can't 'fix' a Chaotic curse. You can only live with it--or with skill, adapt it to your ends." Arthur turns, in turn, to Bobby. "And to that end...what exactly did the force of Zoot ask of you, and precisely what did you gain in return?"

The doors to the hall opens and a cloaked figure enters, he goes straight to the questboard and looks at it for awhile.

Then he turns around and looks through the group of heroes currently at the hall. It is as if he was going through everybody, one by one. The figure lets out a “hmmmphp” and then he writes and cross over something to one of the announcenments on the board. Then he sneaks out as fast as he had entered.

Chosen Heroes for Quest#154:

Na'im Thamir

Addok-Zo Obbex

Annienal Anavir

Petaldan Parfenius

Zannaquim (Party Leader)

Jinnipher Buchaire

Boris Burhalv

Bobby

Miderun

Meet me on the outside of the northgate as fast as you can. ~ W.B.

I will have the quest thread up shortly, make final purchases/trades and update character stats. :classic:

Edited by Mencot

Noticing Zannaqim's name on the Questboard, Arthur takes a moment to pass by the green Selkreeth. "Here," he says, counting out 155 Gold. "On the Quest board is a map to the Marketplace, go find Gnomeo's stall and buy his tools--they'll be helpful on your Quest. Oh...and you might find this helpful as well--you seem to know power, so perhaps it will aid in learning Common." Arthur lends Zanna "Of Power and Mortals".

Zanna stares at Arthur confusedly, before seeing her scribbled scrawl among the few names not crossed out on the call-to-arms. "Ah...thank you." Gathering her gear, Zanna prepares to visit this 'Marketplace' before answering the call.

Edited by Flipz

Jinnipher continued to take swigs from her flask as Na'im spoke. At the end she let out a yawn. "Well isn't that just typical. The red brotherhood or whatever sounds like a bunch of big fanatics. I can't say you're better off here in Heroica, but at least no one's trying to kill you. Well, not currently at least." She frowned slightly at some memory returning to her, but it lasted for only a second before she turned her flask to drip the last of whatever crystal-colored liquid it held into her mouth. She rose from her chair, a little off-balance, and nodded to the Fenarian. "I'm off to do something more interesting. See you around." She turned to go but then called back, "The name's Jinnipher, in case you cared." Without waiting for a response she swaggered downstairs towards the training room.

"Yes another bunch of fanatics…" Na'im repeats nervously, thinking of the odd voice In his head that had peprsisted sice he returned from Fenario

Na'im nods "I couldnt have put it better myself…I get paid, become immortal or something like that and I have no ceremonial obligations. What's not to like?"

"Nice meeting you…Jinnipher." he says, his voice trailing off as she walks away

Addok-Zo gathers his few belongings and exits the hall to begin his quest.

"Safe travels my friend." says Na'im warmly, inclining his head towards the ranger

Arthur scowls darkly. "You'd be surprised at how good demons are at turning something that should be good into something that is ill," he grumbles, thinking back to his experience at Guffington's Spire. At the Fenarian's pronouncement of fear, Arthur laughs--a bit forcedly, to the more perceptive spectators. "Zoot! Azazot! Abraxas! Marilith! Mephisto!" Arthur chuckles lightly, with a tinge of dark to it. "Master cleric, where do you think those demons get their power? Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself--and demons will gorge themselves on that fear. Though it may be difficult to find in the moment, mirth and humor are the two best weapons a demon-hunter may wield."

Na'im narrows his eyes "Bah, you my friend are insane. What do you know of the dark god anyway? One does not jest about that dark power! Have you even witnessed him? Seen what he does to people?"

The cleric attempts to stare down the (much bigger) skirmisher, but eventually gives up and gulps down some more of his wine

s, and it isn't. Yes, that's contradictory--it's part of its nature, as a being of Chaos. But as for teaching it a lesson..." With a sudden ferocity, Zoot's Rebel slams the butt of his halberd against the floor, splotches of dark ink-like goo spattering the floor beneath both arm and unusually unnaturally-curved blade. The Skirmisher had not drawn the weapon, nor summoned it--one moment it had been gone, and the next, there. "There I can agree--but it is easier said than done, and oft the ones seeking to teach that lesson find ourselves earning one...earning a lesson in cost." The weapon is gone--there is no blade, no mess, no ink. But for the space of a few short breaths, it hadn't even been there. "The last three people I know of who went up against Zoot ended up, in order, posessed, killed, and corrupted. You can't 'fix' a Chaotic curse. You can only live with it--or with skill, adapt it to your ends." Arthur turns, in turn, to Bobby. "And to that end...what exactly did the force of Zoot ask of you, and precisely what did you gain in return?"

"He doesn’t want to talk about it." says Na'im firmly "And he certainly doesn't want advice from some self-proclaimed demonologist."

Edited by Enceladus

I approach a familiar redhead in the hall, standing over the table.

ufBQ5WT.png

"I don't suppose you've forgotten your grandfather?"

Edited by Endgame

~Scheherazade has new rumors to share at her Saloon!~

I approach a familiar redhead in the hall, standing over the table.

ufBQ5WT.png

"I don't suppose you've forgotten your grandfather?"

Karie grinned. "What do you think? It's good to see you again. It feels like it's been forever." She motions for him to sit.

I gladly take my seat.

"It's good to see you too. With the way time works in this hall, I wouldn't be surprised if it really has been an eternity. So, what's new with you and the family?"

She raised her eyebrows at Vindsval, and her tone changed to annoyance.

"Am I pleased? No. I don't care what they did once. I care what they do now, and what they do now is like a wounded aepyornis, falling behind its herd, pride injured as much as its body. It is pathetic - their hate is pathetic and I see no reason to take on that burden myself. It is good that you are, Takanvy Vindsval, but I will wait and see."

Then if I find theirs to be an order of hate, perhaps by the will of the Wanderer it shall be cleansed and built anew upon the ashes of their pyres.

I gladly take my seat.

"It's good to see you too. With the way time works in this hall, I wouldn't be surprised if it really has been an eternity. So, what's new with you and the family?"

Karie shrugged. "Nothing too incredibly fascinating." She knew there was the whole Immortalis bit, but she didn't feel like drudging it up. She'd talked about it enough. "Rachel's doing alright. Masson's thinking of getting a job in teaching. I don't know where, but I think he'd benefit from the environment.

No, I'm enjoying the peace as of right now. It's something I haven't really enjoyed in awhile."

"Sounds good. If Masson ends up at the Academy of Enlightment, the demon hunting experience he has will suit him well, hrmph. I keep seeing a pianist that looks like him at the inn I've been holing up at.... Rachelle walking and talking yet?

Ah, yeah. After leading such a nonstop life, a month or two of just nothing is probably the most welcome thing in the world.

The giant shakes his head as a strange force flows through him.  The very words of those around him seem to flow through the air, literally forming colors and shapes within it.  It lasted only a moment and then was gone.  Something strange had happened in the fabric of the world.

Vindsval overhears his old Companion Sorrow speaking with Karie.

You have a youngling then Karie?  

Arthur cradles his head, a sudden headache having overtaken him.  "Gods, not again..." he mutters, recalling unhappily the last time something like this had happened.

On September 17, 2016 at 10:56 PM, Endgame said:

"Sounds good. If Masson ends up at the Academy of Enlightment, the demon hunting experience he has will suit him well, hrmph. I keep seeing a pianist that looks like him at the inn I've been holing up at.... Rachelle walking and talking yet?

Ah, yeah. After leading such a nonstop life, a month or two of just nothing is probably the most welcome thing in the world.

"A little. She's catching onto certain words, making attempts to walk, talk. The stuff kids do." Karie replies. 

"No, it's nice. Everything's calmed down to a point where it's nice to just... relax for awhile."

6 hours ago, Asphalt said:

The giant shakes his head as a strange force flows through him.  The very words of those around him seem to flow through the air, literally forming colors and shapes within it.  It lasted only a moment and then was gone.  Something strange had happened in the fabric of the world.

Vindsval overhears his old Companion Sorrow speaking with Karie.

You have a youngling then Karie?  

"Yeah, I've got a child. I think it's obvious it's Masson and I's." 

12 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"A little. She's catching onto certain words, making attempts to walk, talk. The stuff kids do." Karie replies. 

"No, it's nice. Everything's calmed down to a point where it's nice to just... relax for awhile."

"Yeah, I've got a child. I think it's obvious it's Masson and I's." 

As I would have assumed.  It is a fine thing to have one you care for to carry on your name and your legacy.  Perhaps I will have the chance to meet her one day.

A woman covered in a dark green cloak and hood walks into the hall quietly. She looks at the empty quest board and sighs, mumbling under her breath.

"Looks like I came back at a bad time."

After stopping by the bar to order a dark brew, she relaxes in her favorite chair by the fire and sips the stout drink.

On 9/24/2016 at 3:49 PM, Flipz said:

Arthur cradles his head, a sudden headache having overtaken him.  "Gods, not again..." he mutters, recalling unhappily the last time something like this had happened.

Trouble, brother? Dyric steps over beside his old friend, taking a seat.

27 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Trouble, brother? Dyric steps over beside his old friend, taking a seat.

"Of a sort.  Remember that big space-time warp a few years back?  It feels like something like that's happened recently.  The world itself feels different...even a little wrong."  He shakes his head as if to clear it, then shrugs.  "It will pass.  As it has before."  He nods towards Bobby and his group, a few tables away from where the Skirmisher had settled after his exchange with Zanna.  "I'm more concerned about the boy over there.  From the sound of it the poor guy got strong-armed into making a deal with Zoot, and it's not exactly been great for him."  Arthur shakes his head sadly.  "And I thought my Chaotic curse was bad..." he mutters, momentarily forgetting that Dyric was near enough to hear.

Karie contemplated getting up to chat with Arthur, but Dyric's sudden appearance caused her to cross her arms and sneer. She forgot that Arthur was friends with one of the few people in the hall Karie couldn't stand. 

On September 26, 2016 at 0:03 PM, Darkdragon said:

A woman covered in a dark green cloak and hood walks into the hall quietly. She looks at the empty quest board and sighs, mumbling under her breath.

"Looks like I came back at a bad time."

After stopping by the bar to order a dark brew, she relaxes in her favorite chair by the fire and sips the stout drink.

Karie got up from her seat, bottle of wine in hand, and headed to the fireplace. She placed her arms on the back of one and looked the cloaked woman over with an inquisitive look.
"You'll have to excuse me, I'm terribly nosey. Mind if I sit? I couldn't help but notice your entrance to little fanfare. You new around here?" Karie asked.

She looks over at the woman who has walked up and waves a hand at the empty chair nearby.

"Hey, no problem. Plenty of room here."

Looking up toward the voice, she pulls back her hood. Cinna sees a somewhat familiar face and smiles wryly.

"New, no. I was around back when the Hall first became active. I seem to remember you were around back then as well, but we never quested together did we?  It's been so long.  I left for a while, but wanted to come back and get to work again. Though, it seems like all the work has ended around here."