Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Goliath begins to wonder exactly who created him. With the few memories he can access, he begins to ask the same question to himself.

MPtrovU.png

"I. REMEMBER. ONLY. ONE. LAD. SHORT. OLD. BRAIDED. BEARD."

Having that said, he thinks hard to himself to the point where the parts glowing red on him quickly die down along with the noises of his mechanics. He quickly begins to come back to life.

Edited by Goliath

Boomingham salutes Hybros and Atramor. "Stay safe, boys." He glances over at his employer, but decides to take a quick trip to the market first.

"Heh, no promises, mate." Atramor leaned back in his seat, eyeing the quest board as one of the notices was filled out. All that was left was Goetia...

Hybros looks on as Goliath appears to malfunction. "Erm, that sounds like a dwarf to me. So, ehem... what brought you to Heroica?"

MPtrovU.png

"I. BE. PROGRAMMED. TO FIND. THIS. MILK. O'HUMAN. KINDNESS." Goliath explains.

He notices the transactions the other heroes are making, particularly with gold which makes Goliath remember something major from his past. He shuts down and reboots.

"GOLD. BE. THE. SECOND. LOVE. OF. ME. LIFE."

"Ehehm, Monk. If you are giving discounts at the marketplace, I would like 2 Nostrums and 3 Meads, if you do not mind."

I hand Hybros the items.

"That'll be 98 gold.

MPtrovU.png

"I. BE. PROGRAMMED. TO FIND. THIS. MILK. O'HUMAN. KINDNESS." Goliath explains.

He notices the transactions the other heroes are making, particularly with gold which makes Goliath remember something major from his past. He shuts down and reboots.

"GOLD. BE. THE. SECOND. LOVE. OF. ME. LIFE."

"Milk, hm? I do not know what you are talking about. Gold on the other hand, I can relate to, heheh. Erm, perhaps some tea? You seem to be falling asleep."

I hand Hybros the items.

"That'll be 98 gold.

Hybros slid over the gold and motioned for Pretzel to sit down. "Thank you Monk. I am glad our differences have not come between a good deal, heheh."

MPtrovU.png

"TEA. DOES. NOT. MAKE. YE. SPLICE. T'MAINBRACE. GROG. IS. ME. DRINK. OF. CHOICE. TO. GET. SQUIFFY."

Kheyli makes her way into the hall, posting a notice on the board before making her way up to the bar.

For Sale: Rat Club (WP:5, deals Afraid to Vermin-type enemies and Poisoned-by-1 to enemies of all types; club), 60 gold. Price Negotiable.

Heroica Hall's doors opened and another of its wayward Heroes returned inside. At least that would be the most logical explanation. The Heroican, if he even was a Hero, looked better suited to the interior of the Merry Mermaid or some other sleazy inn where people of dubious nature spent their time, when not doing anything outside the law. In fact, the tall "newcomer" wouldn't look out of place in one of those pirate-y dime novels many Eubricans loved to read. The red-bearded near-giant had a boastful swagger and even though his wide-brimmed hat and grey coat had seen better days, the rest of his outfit certainly was on point. The man was adorned with trinkets made of precious metals, dangling and tinkling as he strode across the Hall to the bar. An air of superiority surrounded the man and it was obvious that modesty was definitely not in his top five of likeable qualities list. In fact, it was highly questionable if it even made the list at all.

Those who knew better, knew that this was no mere lost soul on his way to the Merry Mermaid. He might've been a lost soul, but not in the geographical sense. The haughty, arrogant demeanour and condescending looks he threw at most of the other Heroes, coupled with his size and trademark greatsword slung on the back made it instantly recognizable to the older Heroes: this was Eric the Northman. Be it for better or worse, he had now returned to the Hall. The Nord didn't really care if the other Heroes thought it was for better or worse, he didn't need to know their opinion, he was satisfied enough they most likely had an opinion about him.

Eric sat down at the bar and signaled Scheherazade to bring him his trademark mead. He smirked after he took a sip.

The dowdy appearance of the tall ginger man caught Goliath's eye. The sight of his wide-brimmed hat and long coat reminded him of his old swashbuckling past... before his transformation. Goliath staggers on over to man and speaks,

tpFsWtT.png?1

"WHAT. BE. YER. STORY?"

Kheyli takes a break from her water and walks over towards the swashbuckler. "Sorry, excuse me sir, but that's a nice axe you've got there? Any way you'd be willing to part with it?" she smiles.

The dowdy appearance of the tall ginger man caught Goliath's eye. The sight of his wide-brimmed hat and long coat reminded him of his old swashbuckling past... before his transformation. Goliath staggers on over to man and speaks,

tpFsWtT.png?1

"WHAT. BE. YER. STORY?"

Eric downed the rest of his mead and turned around at the sound of a metal voice. He sniffed and turned around again towards the bar. Once more he signaled the Orcish barmaid for another drink. She knew what kind. Still with his back towards the automaton, Eric gruffly said: "If I somehow gave you the impression I wanted to share my life story with you, I apologize. Honest mistake."

He had bad experiences with automatons and wasn't very fond of their kind. If you could even call it a kind, they are just things after all. Mere objects.

Scheherazade brought the Nord his drink. Eric ignored the automaton and starting drinking, he wasn't planning on turning around anytime soon, but then he heard another voice. This time not a metallic one, but a more pleasant female voice.

Kheyli takes a break from her water and walks over towards the swashbuckler. "Sorry, excuse me sir, but that's a nice axe you've got there? Any way you'd be willing to part with it?" she smiles.

Grinning widely, Eric answered: "Everything for sale, fairy pige. If you have the coin. See, this axe's got emotional value to me."

Hybros took a seat near Eric at the bar, waving hello. "Eric, it has been some time, heheh." He fluttered his wings, still getting used to having them. "You look different. I did not know you had a fire-colored beard or a hat even bigger than Atramor's."

Goliath simply laughs loud and deeply at the response of the red-bearded man,

tpFsWtT.png?1

"YE. BE. SPLICING. THE. MAIN. BRACE." He pauses. "AYELY. YE. CAN. PARTAKE. IN. A. LITTLE. SCUTTLEBUTT."

Kheyli raises her eyebrow. "Sentimental Value? I don't know, maybe 200 gold will make it up?" she adds, sheepishly.

A note was posted on the Quest Board:

CHOSEN PARTICIPANTS:

heroicaquest148.jpg

~Atramor Gibbin, Level 42 1/5 Rogue Thief (CallMePie)

~Monk Pretzel, Level 35 Artisan (Palathadric)

~Namyrra Uq, Level 51 1/5 Necromancer (Quarryman)

~Althior Emorith, Level 55 2/5 Prophet (K-Nut)

~Hybros, Level 44 4/5 Marauder (JimButcher)

Below it was another note, written in haste.

Please, I need one more day to prepare! Meet me at the library tomorrow. Just don't leave without me! ~ Byblos the Librarian

Hybros took a seat near Eric at the bar, waving hello. "Eric, it has been some time, heheh." He fluttered his wings, still getting used to having them. "You look different. I did not know you had a fire-colored beard or a hat even bigger than Atramor's."

Eric raised his glass in Hybros' honor. He grinned. "Heh, you look different, too", Eric said indicating the Imp's wings. He traced the edge of his hat with his fingers and then in a fluid motion continued to stroke his beard briefly. "The hat I acquired during my time off after the whole Salmanda debacle and its aftermath. I joined a crew and sailed the seas. I went..fishing. Plenty of fish to be caught outside Bonaparte waters." He winked and then his grin grew wider. Eric chugged down the rest of his mead and ordered another.

Goliath simply laughs loud and deeply at the response of the red-bearded man,

tpFsWtT.png?1

"YE. BE. SPLICING. THE. MAIN. BRACE." He pauses. "AYELY. YE. CAN. PARTAKE. IN. A. LITTLE. SCUTTLEBUTT."

OOC: I literally didn't understand a word of what you were saying, I had to look everything up :tongue: . English is not my first language so I'm not familiar with such specific phrases :classic: .

"You mean this?", Eric pointed at the fresh mead being served. He chuckled and took a sip. In an over-the-top pirate-y accent quite different from his usual sing-song one, the Nord said: "Aye, I be splitting the main brace, then".

Raising an eyebrow and back with his usual accent, Eric cynically and in a typical dry fashion remarked: "Will you be 'splicing the main brace', too, or would that rust your innards?"

Quite satisfied with himself the fresh Vindicator now turned his attention to the fairy.

Kheyli raises her eyebrow. "Sentimental Value? I don't know, maybe 200 gold will make it up?" she adds, sheepishly.

Again, the Nord grinned and accepted the 200 Gold and handed Kheyli Drengazuli Grom'Az. "200 Gold is fine. It's not really that sentimental, to be honest."

"I haven't seen you around here. Usually I have quite the eye when it comes to spotting those of the female kind. Are you new?"

Eric indicated the fairy's gear and her broken wing. "Looks like you've seen your share of armed struggle."

A note was posted on the Quest Board:

CHOSEN PARTICIPANTS:

heroicaquest148.jpg

~Atramor Gibbin, Level 42 1/5 Rogue Thief (CallMePie)

~Monk Pretzel, Level 35 Artisan (Palathadric)

~Namyrra Uq, Level 51 1/5 Necromancer (Quarryman)

~Althior Emorith, Level 55 2/5 Prophet (K-Nut)

~Hybros, Level 44 4/5 Marauder (JimButcher)

Atramor looked up at the quest board after what felt like weeks of waiting. At last, the party to Goetia was heading out...and he was familiar with everybody on board. Good. There was no room for error when it came to what sounded like a Pandemonicon acting up again.

He scooped up his very last bottle of rum, took a hearty swig, and then picked himself up, headed to the marketplace briefly to make sure he was completely prepared for what came next.

Goliath recognizes the man's sarcasm but simply does not care,

tpFsWtT.png?1

"AYE. IT. BE. A. LONG. TALE... CARE. TO. HEAR?"

He grabs some more grog to drink while waiting for a response.

"If anyone wants a discount on marketplace goods, you know where to find me. Make sure you get to me before I have to leave."

Goliath looks down at the really old man who seems to have a fire sale on his goods. Goliath's red lights begin to glow much brighter than before,

tpFsWtT.png?1

"AYE. I. SEE. YE. HAVE. A. STRATEGIST'S. SHAKO. AND. RAW. MEAT." He pauses. "WOULD. YE. BE. INTERESTED. IN. SELLING. THOSE. LATER? I. DON'T. HAVE. MUCH. COIN."

Goliath recognizes the man's sarcasm but simply does not care,

tpFsWtT.png?1

"AYE. IT. BE. A. LONG. TALE... CARE. TO. HEAR?"

He grabs some more grog to drink while waiting for a response.

"Whatever."

"If anyone wants a discount on marketplace goods, you know where to find me. Make sure you get to me before I have to leave."

Eric signaled Monk Pretzel to come over. It had been a while since both had last met and most of their previous interactions had been rather difficult. There was money to be saved however, so Eric decided to put aside past grudges. For now.

The Nord flashed another grin. "So, Pretzel, how much discount are we talking about here? How much would it cost me to upgrade my weapon? (Conspirator to level 20)"

The Nord flashed another grin. "So, Pretzel, how much discount are we talking about here? How much would it cost me to upgrade my weapon? (Conspirator to level 20)"

"Well, well, Eric, you like you have been doing well for yourself. I see that that fine blade has passed into your hands. Did Sarge give it to you or did it pass through other hands before reaching yours? Did you know that I carried it for a number of quests myself. I have since left off being a Paladin though, preferring trade. Anyway, I bore you no doubt. I could upgrade Conspirator to that degree for 332 gold. That's almost a 60 gold discount."