Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Warlen sighs ruefully, and commences his narrative.

"Many years ago, I was just a lad, living among my people (the elves), but never truly accepted. For ages and ages I trained, with the eventual goal of being Archmage. But one day…"

---

"Warlen! Eltumiel! Merielle! Follow me!"

The older elf was followed by the three younger ones as he ran towards the small gathering of huts at the rear of the settlement. Warlen glanced at the darkening sky as a huge, shimmering dark dragon swept by. The older elf, Thuriel, hastily knocked the three younglings to the ground in an attempt to keep them safe, but the ancient dragon just swooped past, ignoring them completely. As he rose shakily to his feet, Warlen shuddered with fear as he thought of the great and terrible beast he had just witnessed.

---

"Of course, I didn't die that day, or any soon. And that dragon, which I knew as Nebulae, stayed in the area for a long while, to me at the very least. A bunch of heroes came by in the weeks to come; Harmon Kyree, Amnir Gerelial, and many more. One day, however, someone different came. A swashbuckling young rogue know to us all as… Quarion."

Ooc-To be continued. If you like, you can assume a break in the talk now.

"Wait - wasn't Quarion the name of that odd demon thing you had when you first joined Heroica? It's a person too?"

"His joinin' with the Wolfgang, the orcs have apparently had enough with the status quo the houses are offerin'. He's goin' to need help if things backfire with Ulric and I figured Nur might be sympathetic given his upbringin'."

esn_bw0a.jpg - "Caw-Aww!-Aww. Caw-Aww!-Aww. Caw-Aww!-Aww."

esn_bw2.jpg

"Despite the great length of time I have spent traveling with the Master, he has failed to share the details surrounding his origins with me." There was a brief period of silence before the crow repeated his cadence. "Forgive my error as I misspoke. He has given me so many origin stories that I do not know which is the truth. But I have noticed he aligns himself with those most unjustly oppressed."

A simple note is placed on the Quest Board, seemingly ripped out of a journal.

Chosen Heroes for Quest #144: The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

-Ellaria Arbour, Level 34.5 Alchemist (Sandy)

-Nerwen Calmacil, Level 39 Minstrel (Chromeknight)

-En Sabah Nur, Level 32.75 Beast Warrior (Jedediah)

-Skrall, Level 43 Hunter (WaterbrickDown)

-Thalion Dwindles, Level 32 Mystic Knight (-obelix-)

Quest is going to go up within a few days. I've been bogged down with OOG stuff and I need to get some things built still.

Edited by Kintobor

"Wait - wasn't Quarion the name of that odd demon thing you had when you first joined Heroica? It's a person too?"

"Heh. Well, back then, Quarion was a rogue hailing from Drandora port. I didn't know it at the time, but I was to learn later that he was traveling the land to escape the memory of his murdered love. Not long after he arrived, we struck up a friendship. Those were better times, despite the dragon."

---

"Hey, Q!"

Quarion turned, saw his half-elven friend, and grinned. Brushing his brown hair out of his face, he sat down next to the young mage.

"Hey W."

"I hear you're going to go get that dragon tomorrow?"

"That'd be true, laddie! Whit buisiness is it o yars?", queried the Rogue. Warlen replied in an equally jovial fahion.

"Oh, my dear fellow, tis none! I was under, merely, the impression that we were comrades! Brothers in arms!"

"Ach, no, laddie," said Quarion, "yer a pain in the backside!"

Warlen stood, indignant. "Oh, well! I never! If you will be so... dreadful!"

The pair grinned at each other, and even as the conversation turned to lighter subjects, neither of them could put aside the harsh reality of what was about to come.

---

"Anyway... next day comes, Quarion goes off to stop him. I don't see him for a couple days, the dragon neither. But then..."

---

"Quarion!"

"I'm sorry, tama, theres nothing we can do."

Warlen stepped back, a shocked look on his face. "Nothing?"

"I'm sorry, Warlen. Quarion barely survived Vorpalis' attack. He has, at best, a few minutes."

"Vorpalis?"

"Oh, sorry. The younglings call him Nebulae."

Warlen stared at Quarion, even when Risindiel was called away. Quarion just stared into space, barely breathing, barely alive.

---

"Well, to cut a long story short, I saved him. He was reduced to little more than a Flameskull, albeit a super-smart, super-funny one, and I... well..."

Ooc-Another break in talk.

esn_bw0a.jpg - "Caw-Aww!-Aww. Caw-Aww!-Aww. Caw-Aww!-Aww."

esn_bw2.jpg

"Despite the great length of time I have spent traveling with the Master, he has failed to share the details surrounding his origins with me." There was a brief period of silence before the crow repeated his cadence. "Forgive my error as I misspoke. He has given me so many origin stories that I do not know which is the truth. But I have noticed he aligns himself with those most unjustly oppressed."

"Well that's Nur for ya, stories always comin' out of him like a leak in a lifeboat." Skrall noted the posting of selected heroes on the quest board. "Looks like we'll be travelin' soon enough, hope he figures out that transmogrification spell quick like."

Current Sign-ups for Quest #146: Red is the Bloodiest Color

Annienal Anvar, Level 15 Mystic Knight (Kintobor)

Avalanche, Level 16 Raider (Dragonfire)

Crone, Level 1 Knight (VeryFancyDroids)

Sign-ups close in six days.

Sign-ups close in six days.

Warlen adds his name to the signup list.

esn_bw0.jpg - "CAW! CAW! SUNGOLDSUCKS! SUNGOLDSUCKS! CAW!" Who could have possibly taught the bird to say such things?

Warlen, Level 21 Mystic Knight (TheChosenMinifigure)

Johon, Level 33 2/4 Raider (Bricksandparts)

Sign-ups close in three days.

Returning to the hall after wandering around the city for a while Namyrra dropped by the quest board to see if anything interesting had popped up, but quickly decided the single quest currently advertised wasn't anything for her, however she did run into a well-known ogre preparing to leave by the looks of it.

"Oh, hi Skrall, long time, been up to anything fun lately? I think I heard you returned from the Fields of Glory not that long ago, is that still as fun as when we were there?"

Spotting the golden sunburst pin on Namyrra, nerwen steps over to her as she addresses a large ogre sporting an onyx wolf head pin.

You must be Skrall, I don't believe we've met. I am Nerwen.

I see you've both chosen a side.

esn_bw0a.jpg

A black bird landed on the table and strutted its way over to the ogre staying out of what it thought was an arm's length distance. It quickly opened and closed its beak as it eyed the women or was it their shiny pins...

Returning to the hall after wandering around the city for a while Namyrra dropped by the quest board to see if anything interesting had popped up, but quickly decided the single quest currently advertised wasn't anything for her, however she did run into a well-known ogre preparing to leave by the looks of it.

"Oh, hi Skrall, long time, been up to anything fun lately? I think I heard you returned from the Fields of Glory not that long ago, is that still as fun as when we were there?"

"Took down an egotistical dragon and gettin' ready to head out to stop some sort of magical bleedin' book. Yerself? Heard things are gearin' up amongst the houses talk is their lookin' at nominatin' a king. Do they have those in Fenario?"

Spotting the golden sunburst pin on Namyrra, nerwen steps over to her as she addresses a large ogre sporting an onyx wolf head pin.

You must be Skrall, I don't believe we've met. I am Nerwen.

I see you've both chosen a side.

"Aye, Ms. Calmacil, has it been so long ya don't remember Dastan?" The ogre twiddled with the pin. "I see ya've struck yer own colors as well? Has the Sungold Alliance decided upon a candidate yet?"

esn_bw0a.jpg

A black bird landed on the table and strutted its way over to the ogre staying out of what it thought was an arm's length distance. It quickly opened and closed its beak as it eyed the women or was it their shiny pins...

Annienal puts her book down and gestures the crow away.

"This is no place for you, Mr. Crow. Shoo!"

"Now, now Ms. Annienal, I spent my early years as a Ranger, these things are smarter than they look. I'm sure he... it's here for good reason." Skrall extended a hand to the bird.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Annienal puts her book down and gestures the crow away.

"This is no place for you, Mr. Crow. Shoo!"

The bird hopped away then returned to the spot it came from either unaware or uncaring of its own safety and looked towards the ogre's hand. Seeing no food or anything of interest it flew up into the rafters once more.

A tiny golden canary eyed the large black crow beadily from another rafter.

At this point, Atramor was more than a few deep, empty bottles scattered about his table as he drowned out the infuriating, demonic white noise that coursed throughout the Hall, threatening to drown out the voices of the living and plunge the world into a void of apocalyptic proportions, damning their very plane of existence to an empty abyss where the very life was drained out of those pulled into the fold.

"Damn politics."

Edited by CallMePie

"Aye, Ms. Calmacil, has it been so long ya don't remember Dastan?" The ogre twiddled with the pin. "I see ya've struck yer own colors as well? Has the Sungold Alliance decided upon a candidate yet?"

Yes, we were both there at the end. I had forgotten that, remembering only those that I'd traveled there with, none of whom are still with us.

And yes, what choice was there for me but the alliance. Lorcan is the only person who has support at the moment, I expect he will represent them.

Yes, I know more than that has gone down, but it's all tagged post 130, which isn't out yet.

Karie wandered back into the hall after a night out. She made her way up the stairs and stretched.

"Damn politics."

"Tell me about it." Karie commented. She grabbed a seat and sat down next to the stranger.

---

"Now, now Ms. Annienal, I spent my early years as a Ranger, these things are smarter than they look. I'm sure he... it's here for good reason." Skrall extended a hand to the bird.

"Are you an expert in avian species, sir? I, um, am kind of wondering why there's a crow around here. We don't have a bird infestation, do we?" Annienal asked, looking up at the rafters.

Karie wandered back into the hall after a night out. She made her way up the stairs and stretched.

"Tell me about it." Karie commented. She grabbed a seat and sat down next to the stranger.

Atramor nodded at the young minstrel, pushing over a (somehow) as of yet untouched bottle of rum.

"Aye. Dunno 'bout you but I didn't come here to put one of our own people on a throne. I pirated long enough to know never to trust anyone who elects themself leader." He paused to take a sip of his drink. "Atramor Gibbin."

Atramor nodded at the young minstrel, pushing over a (somehow) as of yet untouched bottle of rum.

"Aye. Dunno 'bout you but I didn't come here to put one of our own people on a throne. I pirated long enough to know never to trust anyone who elects themself leader." He paused to take a sip of his drink. "Atramor Gibbin."

Karie picks the drink up off the table and uncorks it, taking a swig.

"Agreed. I don't trust Ulric at all with his little Brigade, but I'm even more wary of people in this hall standing up to be king." Karie took another drink. "Name's Karie, Karie Alderflask."

"They're good heroes. But it don't take much to be a bad king. Long as Heroica keeps doin' what it's doin', things'll turn out fine, I guess." Atramor shrugs. "I mean, at worst, whoever comes out on top goes corrupt and we go and take him or her out. Guess we'll just to have to see. Who ya' backin'? 'Free' City's not gonna last much longer, best pick a side while ya' can."