Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

IC: De'kra nodded, "Hope. I will look for her if I am able. Do you know what she looks like? Might there be those no would know her legend? I-"

De'kra notices that his name has been chosen. More than that, he notices Hybros will be going as well. "It ends as it begins. I...if nothing of me survives Arthur, I would like to thank you for being my friend. You have helped me through my darker times, and made this time much more survivable. Thank you."

He stood up, and shakily walked towards the quest.

"Yes, they did. I have that "Worth Something" title as well..."

Karie shakes her head, "Typical. I don't even want to know why they handed it out." She takes a slug of her water.

"Hey, you haven't had your home has been torched yet, so that is always a plus!

Helvetia... She gets a bad rap. She is commonly worshipped by necromancers, yes, but she is the goddess of the afterlife. I assume we all have plans to go to that plane at one point or another, so really, what is the harm in praying to her? Might help you get a better start in the afterlife when you kick the bucket, you know? Few truly know what the fterlife is like - I mean, I can't remember anything of my experience there - but it can't hurt to show devotion once in a while."

I take a sip, before continuing.

"There are some ways to evade the reaper, but they're... Gruesome."

"Considering my luck, it'll only be a matter of time until a group does torch my house down!" Karie lets out a short laugh. Her smile soon turns to a look of pensiveness.

"It's crossed my mind, more than once. The thought of turning to necromancy to... well, do necromancer related activities. I got some rep with these Zeigfreid guys. They're quite the odd bunch, aren't they?"

"Seems as if I constantly get out of death inducing situations by the skin of my teeth. If you could call that "evading the reaper". Oh well."

"Can't vouch for the Metasimian all that much, but I've met Dyric and quested with Boomingham twice. They seem like dependable enough fellows... Differing opinions doesn't make them bad people.

The Metasimian... Err, Woththick, I believe? Has had some very nasty experiences with witches in his Heroica career, or so I heard. Stereotpyes are just awful like that."

I shrug before continuing.

"Heh, Guts? He can be rough at times, but he knows what he is doing in a battle, as well as why he is questing. What'd you do to tick him off? I imagine the result was that gentle."

"But that's enough bad stuff, I sppose. I'm guessing last night went well, then?"

"Lawrence is a hypocrite. Prime example of "do as I say, not as I do." He's all about choice, so long as he agrees with that choice. Dyric's just... he's less of a jerk, I suppose. He's somewhat level headed, but... ugh, I'm going to have to go into a long winded story, won't I?

Dyric, Thothwick and I were hired to obtain a crate of bombs from a group of hired hands, which apparently belonged to the Shadeux. The two houses met after we had gotten the bombs. I said we should return them to the Hinckwell's since they hired us. Dyric and Thothwick decided to give them to the Shadeux. Despite all this, I backed the party in the fight against the Hinckwell men, and I still got labelled as the villain. Thothwick is a two-faced prick. He could of came out and said "I don't like witches" and I would've been fine, but he held it against me, and gave me the shaft after being labelled a fool.

Out of the four of the them, I think Thothwick ticks me off more than Lawrence. Particularly after I healed his sorry... I'm going off on a tangent. Sorry.

Well, might as well make this story time, if you'd like." Karie grabs a small tray of sweets, placing it on the table, along with a pitcher of juice, pouring herself a glass, and take a long drink.

"It was just back when I returned from Brendenton. I had gotten off the boat and was rather hungry. Noticing this boat in the harbour, I sneak aboard and decide I'd steal some apples. Guts and this little imp fellow notice me, and eventually Guts grabs me, lashes at my legs with Sexy, and tosses me and the apples overboard. That and I can hardly swim."

Karie picks up a small candy and pops it in her mouth, her mouth puckering.

"Rather sour. Still tasty. The date? It went well! We went out to dinner, than hit the theatre to see a revival of an opera. Exciting enough for one night. You ever go out for any shows?"

"No thanks, Heckz. I wouldn't want to ruin your image of strength and manliness in front of all the ladies!" :tongue:

"Monk, Alexander and Avalanche, shall I sign us up?"

"OK. Let's do this!"

Throlar slid silently into the hall, slithering towards an unoccupied table in the corner, acting in the furtive manner of one who wishes to avoid notice, and it seemed to him as if he was succeeding when...

Woompf! Thud!

...the main doors opened and a thickset dwarf wearing a black fedora and a large beard and a great deal of sweat came into the hall.

"Throlar! There you are, you blistering halfwit! Where have you been for the past month? I ought to have known you'd be here! Well, speak up, you miserable worm!"

Well, have you ever heard of an ambassador without an aid? No? Do you even know who an aid is? Well go and look it up, because this one happened to be Throlar's.

"Well, are you going to answer me?"

Throlar gulped before committing himself.

"R'kilf."

The other member of this pageant whipped his hat off, tore his hair, and gibbered for a bit before answering.

"R'kilf!? You spent a month in some third-rate village in the north!?"

"Well, not a month, about a week, or less, about four days I'd say."

"Four days? What on earth were you doing the rest of the time!"

"Nothing much, just... going around."

"Around!"

"Here, in Eubric."

"Well, you're not going to for much longer, you are going over to the embassy, RIGHT NOW!"

"Yes sir." said Throlar in the quietest voice imaginable.

And off they went.

Amma enters the Hall, still chewing on a chicken leg, she has just bought from Sir Lion's. She sits down near the bar as usual and rests.

*snip*

"I've been considering necromancy since I knew that Copper Fox offered it. Though now I highly doubt I will speak to him again after yesterday's events... What would you like the skillset for? It isn't a laughing matter, you know. I'm doing it to honor my "father".

You probably could do nothing to sway Thothwick's opinion; In all likelihood, he was resolute before the battle began. Dyric and Lawrence seem to be because of the circumstances if anything, although Boomingham is indeed very resolute in his morals. It's kind of admirable, really.

Oh, and Guts? Nice enough guy underneath all of the stoicism, but messing with him is probably a poor idea. I watched him behead a tyrant or two while questing with him.

No, not really. I read the scripts, but I have a really tough time justifying something like 50 gold for a ticket. I would've taken Sarah to some back in the day, but we didn't really have theaters in our town.

Nice to see things between you and... Masson, right...? are going well, at least."

I take a sip of water and smirk - it could just hardly be seen beneath the blue glow.

"Should I expect great x18 grandkids any time soon?"

Edited by Endgame

*lots of text*

"Neither is witchcraft apparently. You don't see me huddling around a cauldron laughing maniacally. Probably should though one of these days just to tick Thothwick off." She gives a short giggle before returning to her juice, "I don't know, I'm doubting this whole Hinckwell rep thing's going to end well. I've got reputation with the Shadeux now, so I more or less need to find a way to get the Hinckwell's to notice me again. And I just so happen to have Zeigfried rep, so, yeah. Although I hear there's a lot of people going in for Necromancer, right? Ugh, it'll be like every two bit raider and assassin out there. No offence, Sorrow."

Karie loosens her sweater's grasp around her neck, feeling it just to make sure it was still attached to her body.

"Sorry, I just get the heebie-jeebies hearing about... well..." Using a finger she traces a line around her neck, "you know, people getting their heads cut off. Heard enough about it in Charis. Some groups almost seemed to live around the bloody guillotine, waiting to see who'd take the axe next."

"Hmm. I guess that's understandable."

Karie grabs another sweet, taking a bite out of it before continuing. She decided not to press on Sarah, realizing he could slip back into that other personality of his.

"Yeah, it's Masson. And, well, no, I don't think so. At least not for a while. Although maybe, once I either get out of here, or get on that one quest and hit the jackpot, yeah, maybe I could see myself with a kid. A kid, mind you. One's enough for me, thank you very much. They cry, they're annoying, they need everything in the world once they hit an age where they can talk, god, I couldn't stand it.

You know what, no, maybe I don't want kids. I just realized how much it sucks taking care of the little things."

"OK. Let's do this!"

Alexander returns in the Hall and heard one of the Heroes talking with the warewolf of the Fields of Glory "If you intend the Fields of Glory, I have to ask you to await because I'm awaiting for a person, we have a deal from a long time and I heard he should return in the Hall soon, time of 2/3 days, I hope. Then we can depart to the Fields, I advice you to take this time to rest."

Then Alexaner sees a known dwarf near the bar and approach her.

Amma enters the Hall, still chewing on a chicken leg, she has just bought from Sir Lion's. She sits down near the bar as usual and rests.

"Hey, what I see, a known and cantankerous dwarf. How are you, Amma?" says smiling the elven archer.

"Vandangant, what quest is this hero on?"

"I heard the one in the Marketplace, quest 87 if I'm not mistaken."

"Oh- is it Pretzel? If so, he is coming with us to the Fields. It could be Thalion though....the others (including me) have just returned."

*snip*

"Perhaps I finally may get in contact with my son... Maybe Sarah. Maybe make amends with your sister or something... The afterlife holds so many secrets."

"By all accounts, the necromancers in the community said my "father" became a different person when he "adopted" me... A better person. Children change you, I suppose - Though, to be perfectly fair, I wouldn't know."

I give a sorrowful chuckle as I take a ginger sip of my water.

"Sorrow, I don't know if contacting Sarah and your son is the right thing. I mean, I know you want to know how they feel, but... sometimes, it's better not to know. I mean, look at me. Would I be better off not knowing who I am? Who I really am? The sister to a deceased high profile burglar? I don't know. If you do contact them though... I don't know. Just... be careful, alright. Move on from your mistakes, or at least make amends with them. With all the mistakes I've made, it's sort of hard too, but I try, in some way or another."

"I don't know, it's just... I don't want what happened to me to happen to my kid if I had one, you know. I can't see myself bring a life into this world, only to see it get abandoned. It's not a pleasant feeling. I don't think I'll ever meet my real parents. They're probably dead at this point." Karie pauses, taking a long, somber drink.

"You know, sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Kayla never got run through that night. If she was still here. Would she remember me? Would she of cared? I don't know. I'll never know. I don't blame you any more Sorrow. I want Patricia gone. I want her gone."

Karie begins to sift her drink around, thinking of what to say next, something to lighten the mood.

"You do anything ridiculous, Sorrow? Something you look back on and say "why did I ever do that", and then laugh it off?" She laughs, but the look of regret still lingers about her like a flock of vultures. "My first year on the street was like that, really."

Arthur gets up and stretches--it seemed Althior had his mind on other things, and was at the moment unwilling to talk further. He walks over to the bar for a glass of ale, and happens to overhear a snippet of conversation.

"You know, sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Kayla never got run through that night. If she was still here. Would she remember me? Would she of cared? I don't know. I'll never know. I don't blame you any more Sorrow. I want Patricia gone. I want her gone."

Karie begins to sift her drink around, thinking of what to say next, something to lighten the mood.

"I'll drink to that," he mentions moodily.

Edited by Flipz

"Sir..." says Amma, trying to hide that she is not sure whether she has met the elf before. "I am fine. I was on the Marketplace as well and we are done with our quest. Some people wanted to stay to do some other things though."

"Exactly." Arthur looks up at the Quest board, two new listings of selected Heroes upon it. Four more Heroes were now packing to leave--five, once De'kra finished his story and went off on his way. A short distance away, Arthur sees his own portrait hanging on the wall, a small bronze plaque beneath it bearing his name and his title. "Wish I could change that," he mutters. "It's too...well, me. It won't be long now before 'Arthur' becomes a verb. I need a new name. I was thinking of calling myself 'The Constable', but, well...that's not happening now. Hel, I can't even trust the title I do have. 'A Hero Who's Actually Worth Something'. Patricia obviously didn't believe it enough to keep me around." Too lazy to get up, Arthur pulls out his Telescope and examines the names of the chosen Heroes, sees Althior's name is not on it. "What do you say we visit the Fields, eh? It'll be like old times--you can show me around the Fields and utterly decimate everything while I run around bossing everyone around and generally pretending I'm more important than I actually am."

Sorry, last couple days have been frantic. Didn't even see this until today. :blush:

"Eh," Althior leans back, "I've got nothing better to do. Anything that gets me out of here is a good thing, be it just recreational slaughter." He takes a sip of his drink "Decimating everything? Just like old times it seems..." He gets out a forced laugh.

Karie hears Arthur mumble something at the bar, turning to see him.

"Arthur! What are you up to these days? Why don't you sit with me and Sorrow? I could use the company about now."

"Oh- is it Pretzel? If so, he is coming with us to the Fields. It could be Thalion though....the others (including me) have just returned."

"Yeah, it's Monk Pretzel."

*snip*

"Sarah... Is very unlikely. I found someone I wnated to be with for the rest of my life, and I royally screwed it up. Undead get only one shot at - and I know this is extremely cliched - "true love". You seem to have been lucky enough to get two, at the very least, so I'm happy for you in that aspect.

I always wanted to raise a child with the intention that he or she would be a better person then I was.

Ridiculous?"

I chuckle.

"One time I bought a 300 pound box of nothing but castanets at an auction. It was something like 150 gold - ridiculous."

"Arthur! What are you up to these days? Why don't you sit with me and Sorrow? I could use the company about now."

I nod.

"Agreed - take a seat, Arthur."

I nod.

"Agreed - take a seat, Arthur."

Arthur conjures up his own chair, a sturdy thing cast out of pure stone. The design would have been quite pleasing if it weren't for the fact that not a single line was smooth nor straight. The mage sighs. "I'm getting out of practice. 'S what I get for focusing on my non-magical skills, I suppose." He takes a large gulp of his ale, then winces at the bitter taste. "Took a recreational trip to R'klif--if you can call politics and military skirmishes 'recreation.' Wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the little pest who went with us. I still can't believe the Veterans let him into the Hall." Arthur looks at his tankard, considering taking another sip, then pushes the cup away. "Even helped out one of the Shadeaux's top-ranking men, and the ungrateful bastard didn't even thank us. I guess De'kra was right about Shawe after all. At least our employer paid well, though. Was able to buy a nice couple of things off of other Heroes, even bought one of those lovely pumpkin dealies Elphaba was selling. For emergencies only of course."

Sorry, last couple days have been frantic. Didn't even see this until today. :blush:

"Eh," Althior leans back, "I've got nothing better to do. Anything that gets me out of here is a good thing, be it just recreational slaughter." He takes a sip of his drink "Decimating everything? Just like old times it seems..." He gets out a forced laugh.

Arthur sees Althior standing alone and motions him come over to join the group at the table. "Althior, over here. You know Sorrow, of course, and this here's another good friend of mine, Karie."

He listens to the Necromancer talk and nods approvingly. "Let's do it then. Hmm, we'll need a few more Heroes to round things out--and I think I know just the two." Arthur looks over to Sorrow and Karie. "What do you say? In for a brief outing in the Fields?"

Arthur conjures up his own chair, a sturdy thing cast out of pure stone. The design would have been quite pleasing if it weren't for the fact that not a single line was smooth nor straight. The mage sighs. "I'm getting out of practice. 'S what I get for focusing on my non-magical skills, I suppose." He takes a large gulp of his ale, then winces at the bitter taste. "Took a recreational trip to R'klif--if you can call politics and military skirmishes 'recreation.' Wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the little pest who went with us. I still can't believe the Veterans let him into the Hall." Arthur looks at his tankard, considering taking another sip, then pushes the cup away. "Even helped out one of the Shadeaux's top-ranking men, and the ungrateful bastard didn't even thank us. I guess De'kra was right about Shawe after all. At least our employer paid well, though. Was able to buy a nice couple of things off of other Heroes, even bought one of those lovely pumpkin dealies Elphaba was selling. For emergencies only of course."

"Hmm. Can't say I've been there. As for people I can't get along with, yeah, I've met a few. Not like everyone else agrees about my opinion on them, though. Shawe? Yeah, I met one of them. Young guy, black hair, bit of stubble. Oh well."

Karie tries hard not to laugh, but the talk of the pumpkin bombs makes her crack a smile.

"Decimated a whole group of drugged up vigilantes with one. They didn't stand a chance!" She begins breaking into a hysterical fit of laughter.

"I'm sorry! They're still kicking around though, don't worry. Oh, god! Uh, sorry. Just got back from a quest last night though. No, it was... same old stuff." Karie takes a drink of juice, continuing to listen.

Arthur sees Althior standing alone and motions him come over to join the group at the table. "Althior, over here. You know Sorrow, of course, and this here's another good friend of mine, Karie."

He listens to the Necromancer talk and nods approvingly. "Let's do it then. Hmm, we'll need a few more Heroes to round things out--and I think I know just the two." Arthur looks over to Sorrow and Karie. "What do you say? In for a brief outing in the Fields?"

"No, we've met before, but it's good to see your doing well after... well, the incident out in the woods."

She motions for him to sit at the table as well, nudging the tray of sweets in the two mages directions.

"What, you mean out in the Fields? I don't know. I could go out, but only for a bit. I'm not to fond of mother nature and the great outdoors."

Karie's mind races back to the Oculoids out in the Eubric forest. She shudders slightly.

"I got nothing better to do though really. Might help get my mind off things."

"Gah, political intrigue and deception. Had a big enough dosage of that in Charis, thank you very much. Bloody Fantome... I wonder whether or not he is alive or dead in that cell I threw him in. Paralyzed the poor bastard from the neck down and left him to the - justifiably outraged - populace.

Fields, huh?"

I think about it, mulling it over. We complimented eachother's skills as well - and maybe I could get my hands on some of those shiny trinkets that the fields contained.

"I'm up for it."

"Then let us begin."

Arthur signs himself, Sorrow, Karie, and Althior for the Fields of Glory.