Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

While sitting by himself at the bar, Maurice saw how the normal Heroica life was passing by. New heroes were joining, quests were announced and signed by eager adventurers. He realized that all this was familiar to him and gradually his memories and senses returned to him. Finally Maurice had a clear view of the situation, he could feel how all the recent events had not only been troublesome, but also given him useful lessons on life.

In the two latest quests he had been shown how so-called-heroes put their own best in front of the good and righteous, and even if he had tried he hadn't been able to make things right. Heroica seemed just as corrupted and dirty as the houses of Eubric to the cleric by now. But he could not leave the organization just yet, there were important tasks still at hand and by staying on the inside he would have better opportunity to make a difference for the better. His encounter with the mage filled with darkness down in Mistaria had shown him that there was hope for change in almost everyone (although that barbaric Eric was probably beyond all hope since long ago). New times were coming, for Maurice, for Heroica and for Eubric.

"I'll better go prepare for my meeting with the High Priestess. A trip to the marketplace would be in order." thought Maurice and went out the Hall's great doors.

Current Sign-ups for Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

Alex (Played by CapnJohnPaul)

Czech (Played by RPGer)

The little yellow creature meekly squirms out from under the table he was hiding under.

qi64g.png

"...Help us..."

Meanwhile, Schezerade reaches for her old broom...

Alexandre posts a notice in the hall, and starts spreading word.

"I'm in need of 80 gold. If you give me 50, I'll be sure to pay you back in full when I get off my quest. OR, since we may be on the same quest, I'll give my loot to you until we are even."

Elgar stumbled into the hall and went straight for the bar to order a stiff drink. He thought about his quest, had he done the right thing, he knew Akkaba was a load of crap, but was he right about the orcs not being any matter, and he thought about the loss of Arasmyth.

Current Sign-ups for Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

Alex (Played by CapnJohnPaul)

Czech (Played by RPGer)

Groggily getting up from his makeshift bed made of tissue paper, the yellow creature checks the sign-up sheet. He looks at it and sighs glumly.

qi64g.png

"They're going to win... all of them..."

Tesni entered the hall, things seemed to have quieted down. She made her way to a table and waved over a meal and some ale. "Some strong stuff if you have it." She grimaced and rubbed at the painful poorly healed wound on her face. "I have need of visiting one of those doctors I heard tell of." With a tankard of Double Boar Tusk and a good serving of meat and root vegetables she prepared herself for these science healers...

Tesni entered the hall, things seemed to have quieted down. She made her way to a table and waved over a meal and some ale. "Some strong stuff if you have it." She grimaced and rubbed at the painful poorly healed wound on her face. "I have need of visiting one of those doctors I heard tell of." With a tankard of Double Boar Tusk and a good serving of meat and root vegetables she prepared herself for these science healers...

"I'm a paladin. If you need help or healing, I work for free."

Alexandre UN-signs from quest 48.

Sorry Endgame!

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Tesni took a good swig of ale. "I had a paladin in my party last quest... I think it was the magics of the valley getting in the way of proper healing. If these doctors cannot do well I know of some herbal methods."

"I guess it is time for me to get back to hall and do something more fun than wondering around aimlessly."

That was that Isabella been thinking for quite a bit time. She checked the questboard and decided to sign up to Quest #48: Death's Homecoming.

Alexis strolled into the hall. It seemed very empty. She looked down at her outfit, and sees all of the tears and holes. "Time to get a new one." She says to herself. She heads to her room to see what she has.

Hello Cronk's friends. Oh, Tesni, Cronk almost forgot. Cronk gives Tesni 50 gold. Cronk knows how expensive Essences are and Cronk is thankful that Tesni was willing to use one on Cronk and on Cronk's new friend Bal.

Oh, hello, Isabella. Cronk sees Isabella still has Twin Broadswords. Cronk want to make one last offer for swords. Cronk will give Isabella 150 gold, an Emerald (after it is removed from Cronk's Beast Skewer), and Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6).

Elgar get up from his chair and greats the party coming into the hall and befor he forgets Elgar pays off his 50 gold debt to Halador

Edited by Jedi master Brick

Hello Cronk's friends. Oh, Tesni, Cronk almost forgot. Cronk gives Tesni 50 gold. Cronk knows how expensive Essences are and Cronk is thankful that Tesni was willing to use one on Cronk and on Cronk's new friend Bal.

Oh, hello, Isabella. Cronk sees Isabella still has Twin Broadswords. Cronk want to make one last offer for swords. Cronk will give Isabella 150 gold, an Emerald (after it is removed from Cronk's Beast Skewer), and Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6).

Hey, Cronk, it is nice to see you.

Yeah, I think I'll accept your offer, they'll have more use in your hands than mine.

The doors to the Hall open, and those within expect the return of a Hero, only to be greeted by a face from a memory...

CarolineMystic_A.jpg

"Hello? I was told this is Heroica Hall?"

...followed by a small individual clinging to her leg, whose presence brings ill omens for those who recognize the child's companion.

DSCF2263_ava.jpg

"Ma-ma..."

CarolineMystic_A.jpg

"Shh, sweetheart, mommy will only take a minute. A-hem. Attention Heroes. I am Caroline Kootenai, of the Tribe of the Zut'tau'ri. I am seeking a Mage who has reportedly joined your organization, a Mage by the name of Arthur Justus Regulus VII. Can anyone provide me with information as to his whereabouts?"

Alexandre looks up.

"Hello, I'm Arthur's friend. I've been on all my quests with him. I believe that makes me the most qualified to discuss with you."

"However, why do you want to know? And how do you know him?"

Alexandre looks up.

"Hello, I'm Arthur's friend. I've been on all my quests with him. I believe that makes me the most qualified to discuss with you."

"However, why do you want to know? And how do you know him?"

CarolineMystic_A.jpg

"Arthur is...was...very dear to me, once. We are both from the same village, we grew up together. Just before he left us, though, there were...things said. I'd...it's time they were put right."

-----------

Across the Hall, another vaguely familiar face reappears. He scans the Hall, spotting both Alexis and Cronk.

DSCF1523b.jpg

"So, he will return soon. The game is afoot. Soon, we will--"

The man's gaze suddenly falls upon Caroline. His eyes widen.

DSCF1523b.jpg

"Caroline?!? No!! She can't--it's too...! Especially with--did she...?" The man finally spots the small child hiding shyly behind its mother, and he sucks in his breath. "This is...and if...gods...and if he..." The man glances over his shoulder, but his ever-present companion is not there. He begins to pace in the shadows at the edge of the Hall, muttering softly to himself...

Captain Vaygas is now available for conversation.

EDIT 2: OOC: Shoot, when I went to edit my stats I realized that it was an Opal in Beast Skewer not an Emerald. Is that okay Dharkan?

Hey, Cronk, it is nice to see you.

Yeah, I think I'll accept your offer, they'll have more use in your hands than mine.

Hooray! Give Cronk a moment to go get Opal out lance.

Edit:

That not take very long. Cronk gives Isabella 150 gold, an Opal, and Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6). Cronk then receives the Twin Broadswords.

Cronk thanks Isabella for trading.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Haldor swung open the heavy doors and found himself a seat in the hall. Despite he and his friends return, the great room with its aura of warmth was strangely empty, and most of Haldor's friends were away on quests. With little else to do, the Nord began subconciously touching the black plaything that he carried with him from his quest, and became more and more perplexed by its impossible blackness and changing of shape. But try as he might, he could not reach any kind of understanding over the object, and even less any kind of control. Shrugging at this, the tall man leant back in his chair and looked around for his lady, Jess. He badly needed to speak to her again.

"Anyone here seen or heard of an Elf called Jess recently? Anyone know where she might be? Tall, slim, big...erm, hair, you can't miss her."

While he waited for any response, Haldor couldn't help but notice Cronk trading with a strangely pale girl, who was now handling an icy gem.

"You there, I apologise that I do not know your name. I am Haldor, and I notice that you have an Opal in your possession. Such things remind me of home, so would you be willing to part with it for a sum of gold? What price would you require?"

I've accepted your payment JMB, thanks.

Edited by Scorpiox

"You're welcome my friend. Have fun vanquishing stuff with them." Isabella giggled.

Cronk will indeed bash much evil with the swords. Cronk thanks Isabella once again.

Tesni waved her thanks to Cronk, pocketing the gold. The good hearted orc would not have with arguing it off. Fumbling with the wound on her face Tesni sighed and left the hall, she was sure she had passed the sign of a doctor at some point when wandering the port town.

Tesni walked back from the "medic"; apparently a kind of healer who mixed herbal healing with a surgeon's blade and stitching. He'd tutted and aah-ed over the nasty slice, marvelling that her "cosmetic" eyepatch (For added bad-assery) had protecter her eye while all around had been cut by the Knight of Ennon. The medic had theorised that the background magics of the valley and the holy nature of the creature against the "natural darkness" of herself had distorted the healing and damaged her "auric physicality", meaning a permenant mark instead of the usual fleeting battle wounds. When she had mentioned Cysgodion's tendancy to manifest a purple glow in her eyes he had merely nodded wisely as if confirming his diagnoses.

The pain would fade but the scar would not, Tesni was not vain, but she was pleased that the scar would possibly make up for the loss of her eyepatch. Stopping off to collect some new trouse (her own now mangled beyond repair) she made her way to the hall. Stealing in, she made her way to one of the rooms that she had elected to sleep in to check on her equipment. Sir Roderick's shield was better than her own but the Hinckwell crest would not do... Glancing about the room Tesni noticed something that made her smile. She would have a new look indeed!

Some time later Tesni returned to the main rooms of Heroica Hall, proud of the new look she had created.

gallery_4757_182_91642.jpg

Alexis enters the hall from her room, she likes the outfit she found. "Very pretty." She thinks to herself.

IMG_1204.jpg

Alexis notices the woman looking for Arthur, and heads over to talk. "Arthur? He was just here, we just got back from a quest we went on together."

Alexis notices the woman looking for Arthur, and heads over to talk. "Arthur? He was just here, we just got back from a quest we went on together."

CarolineMystic_A.jpg

Caroline raises an eyebrow. "Oh, really? And, uh..." Caroline looks the Evoker up and down. "What sort of 'Quest' would that be?"

DSCF1523b.jpg

One that you'd approve of far too much for my liking, Vaygas thinks to himself from his hiding place across the Hall.