Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Quest #8 Sign-ups

Lord Boomingham (Played by Zepher)

Nyx (played by Pandora)

Namyrra Uq (played by Quarryman)

Atramor Gibbin (played by CallMePieOrDie)

Amorith Marvelo (played by legobodgers)

Owen Belmont (played by Titan)

Elgar gligin (played by Jedi Master Brick)

Erdathcath Madilinas (played by The_Customizer)

Alf (played by bricksandparts)

This appears to be the only people left who have not been chosen. Anything wrong?

Watching all of the joyful heroes leave on their various quests makes Amorith more determined to go on one himself. To increase his chances he Signs up for Quest #6: WANTED! Donny Dozenhands

Looking around for something to do he sits down at the bar and orders some mead.

OCC: the list looks right to me

Edited by legobodgers

Cronk promise to do Cronk's best in leading party in Arena. Cronk hope party all will become Cronk's friends.

I'm sure we will. :sweet: (or in some cases, already are) Nothing brings heroes together like questing bashing evil! :sweet:

"curses..." muttered Sylph when he saw he had not been chosen to help the Shadeaux. He shut the book he was reading, something to the effect of Anatomical Anomalies, and stood up. He shook himself of his rigidity and his bat fell out from his cape where it had been resting. Sylph marched to the sign-up sheets and pulled out a quill with which he scrawled his name in dark bold letters on the sign-ups for Quest 8. Contented, he returned to his studies.

Quest #8 Sign-ups

Nyx (played by Pandora)

Sylph Solanum (played by dannylonglegs)

Chris smiles when he sees his name pinned under 7. He can't wait to go to this tournament, and what makes it better is the old friends from his last adventure, though the promising new heroes certainly didn't hurt. "Let's do this" he mumbled to himself and hos furry friend.:sweet:

Skrall awoke after having dozed off for a while at the bar. He stretched and looked around noticing that the hall had once again grown rather quiet. He plodded down the stairs noticing two more quests had been removed. "Well that explains the lack of activity," the ogre thought to himself, "guess that only leaves thief catchin'." The ogre trudged back up the stairs and asked the barmaid if she had happened to have any goose feathers from the hall's previous meals. After securing a good number of gray goose feathers, the ogre sat himself down at a table and proceeded to repair the fletchings on the arrows from his quiver. Pausing for a brief moment, the ogre pulled out his ram horn pipe, lit its contents and continued on with his labors.

En Sabah Nur witnessed the Emerald-eyed mage depart in a hurry. Blast. She must be leaving for a quest. I have questions about dark magic. Nur turned to see Skrall's large shoulders slump as he looked at the quest board. Nur raised an eyebrow and followed the ogre upstairs.

"Hail, friend Skrall. Passed over again it seems?"

En Sabah Nur grinned.

Skrall looked up as En Sabeh Nur joined him. "Aye, it would appear so. But thus is life, I can't blaim that Shadeaux fellow, I'm not the first one that comes to mind when one thinks of sneakin'." The ogre chuckled, "Well there's still that Dozenhands fellow to be caught, perhaps we'll both score on that quest. So what do ya think of the lot that's assembled here over the past few weeks? Quite a spread if I do say so myself, some races I ain't even ever laid eyes on before. Did ya get a chance to meet that small fella...Dereka...no, no... De'Kra that's it, inquisitive lad ain't he? I tried explainin' to him the meanin' of romanticism. Ha! ya can guess how I butchered that one :laugh: "

"Dozenhands, indeed. Perhaps it takes a thief to catch one, eh?"

En Sabah Nur cringed at the mention of De'kra. "Nay, I never met him. Every time I heard him in the 'Hall chattering away, I turned and exited immediately. I'm thankful not to be on a quest with that thing. I might have dropped a boulder on his head before our party left."

Skrall chuckled, "Oh come now my good mage, I'm sure growing up among orcs you've encountered worse. Besides, maybe a quest is just the thing he needs to jog his memory." Skrall ordered a tankard of mulled cider from the barmaid, lowering his voice he addressed the mage, "so what be yar thoughts concernin' the six houses these days, the rivalry between the Hinckwells and Shadeaux seems to be growin' by the hour, there's talk of a new corsair sailin' the waters and one or two new factions landside attemptin' to secure their own spots among the establishment. Speakin' about the six, I overheard a bit about some dark demon or another dwellin' in one of those crazy Ziegfried's mansions. You're familiar with the arcane arts what do ya think about it?"

Nur leaned in close to the ogre. "I hope the business between the Hinckwells and Shadeaux doesn't spill into the 'Hall. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind receiving coin from either house but I don't want the feud to cause the members of our guild to divide into factions. It would weaken our mission here."

Nur scoffed at the mention of the pirate. "You'll never catch me thieving from a boat or thieving period hehe. But I commend his effort in stickin' it to those pompous Bonapartes!"

En Sabah Nur tenses as the ogre speaks of a demon. "I'm not surprised by anything when it comes to those Ziegfrieds. I'm not familiar with dark magic or creatures from the lower planes. My training is more in the realm of 'natural' elements. However, I did witness, er...interrupt the summoning of a lesser demon in my youth. My presence distracted the caster allowing the fire imp to break his magical bonds. There was fire everywhere. Burned a quarter of the village I was in at the time. It was a mess. The experience caused me to developed a bit of a phobia of that type of magic. So when it comes to demons I generally stay away but my natural curiosity of all things magic may lead me into another demonic encounter sooner or later."

"That makes two reformed theives and we ain't even rogues to begin with," Skrall laughed. Receiving his cider, Skrall took a long draft. "But I agree with ya, I'm not much for brawlin' amongst the other heroes, the only thing matters to me is that I get paid for an honest deed of service. Tis curious we haven't heard hide nor hair from the other three houses since we arrived, mayhaps one of 'em will be needin' some heroes before long."

"As to demons, you know of my feelin's towards mages to begin with, but at least ya can reason with a mage, those bein's from the underworld set my bones to quiverin' and believe ya me, I've seen my fair share of quiverin' sights in my days. I'm glad to hear ya don't take to dabblin' in to such matters of yar own free will, tis a walkin' on the edge of a sharp blade, so is the dividing line between the summoner and the summoned." Skrall finished his cider packed his quiver with his refletched arrows and bid the mage a good night. "Well, I'm off to find me a bunk for the evenin', I found me an inn run by some werehounds who aren't afraid to let the odd troll or two lodge with 'em so I think I'll turn in there. Have a good night, I hope we both shall soon be trackin' that thief Dozenhands come two days from now."

~Note: The first post has been updated with lists of people accepted into the quests #4 and #7. There are two open quests remaining at this time.~

Taking the hint from the gods, En Sabah Nur signed his name to Quest#8: Sacred Sands."Muhammed Al-Din? The name sounds familiar. Many elemental creatures. Hrm, I hope I have enough ether for the task." If he didn't find employment within the next week, Nur would have to return to his wandering thieving ways...

A list is tacked under Quest #7.

Cronk - PARTY LEADER!

Master Docken

Eric

Christopher Daggerfall

Jess

Hybros

Henry Sicariul

Thothwick

The Quest will begin either tomorrow or the day after that!

Henry enters the Hall, seeing that he's been picked for the Arena Quest. He exults shortly, then he sits down exitedly. :sweet:

Thothwick punches the air with triumph!

"See Henry, you had nothing to fear!" :laugh:

"Hey, we both made it! And there are two other rogues as well. Wow, a half of the participants are rogues. That sounds really fun."

Outside the great doors to the Heroica Hall a man paused for a second. He knew was about to begin a new chapter of his life and it had not been an easy decision. At his age adventures and quest didn't excite him as much as they used to do. The decision to join Heroica was a necessary step on the way to his goal. A goal that would require long time of training and full-hearted devotion. To start all over again as a novice was not a pleasant thought to the man but he had no choice. He rubbed his left shoulder in a try to relieve the constant pain and then pushed the door open and entered.

heroica_maurice01.jpg

Maurice Ratibor Level 1 Cleric

50 years old male human

Power: 4 Health: 9/9 Ether: 5/5 Gold: 10

Inventory: Steel Mace (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy

Damn, Haldor returned to the hall to see he had not been picked for his quest, but decided to sign up for Quest #8 and Quest #6, with 8 as the preferred quest. All of Haldor's friends (including his love, Jess :wub:) had left for quests, so he sat down. He looks around for people to talk to. :sad:

Haldor notices a new arrival in the hall.

"Hello, I notice you are also a cleric, are you injured? Do you want me to help you?"

Edited by Scorpiox

"Hey, we both made it! And there are two other rogues as well. Wow, a half of the participants are rogues. That sounds really fun."

"Fun, yes, but I'd watch you're coinpurse if I were you!" :laugh:

Quest #8 Sign-ups

Nyx (played by Pandora)

Sylph Solanum (played by dannylonglegs)

En Sabah Nur (played by Jebediahs)

Haldo Skovgaard (played by Scorpiox)

Eric stepped into the Hall. He had been absent lately due to sickness and others things keeping him away from the other Adventurers. News of imminent did reach him however and so Eric came to see if he was amongst those chosen to participate in a Quest. He strode towards the Questboard and was glad to see his name was written under the seventh Quest.