Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

In her spot, Tesni carried on watching. There were a few barbarians in the crowd, none from as high as she, there were many knights. Still well shined despite mixing with rangers, rouges and those like herself. They did not alarm her really, but Knights were never friends of the Hightribe. Tesni hoped that those here were different to the ones before...

*EDIT: Sandy, 22 not 44 :laugh: *

Entering the Hall and too nervous to speak to any actual Hero’s (least they notice his lowly status and demand his remove from the Halls), Noble Sir Sven walks up to the Quest Board and immediately Signs up For Quest #1.

With that done he makes his way to a quiet corner to practise his enunciation.

Boomingham was faced with a task that he couldn't fathom. A conversation with an Orc. He would rather swallow poison. But, he figured he had to break the ice sooner or later, and he had been ordering drinks from her all night with no way to pay, so he should at least make her acquaintance.

"Scheherazade, another round for me if you wouldn't mind, and then pull up a chair and tell me about these veterans. I may know them. Also, if you want to tell me about the six noble families, I'd greatly appreciate it. Last time I visited the people in charge weren't born yet. Is there any correlation between the six noble families and the six veterans, do you think?"

"Also, have you any connection to the Orcish invasion, Scheherazade? How old are you? What do you think of it? Want to tell me a bit about it from your perspective?"

Althior came back into the main foyer once again. He looked at the quest board once more. Below his favored mission, he saw two names. Pathetic he thought to himself. he then went up to the saloon to get a few drinks and to learn about some of his fellow heroes.

In case you missed it sandy, I signed up for Mission 2 on the 2nd page, something got into the way of the (Wouldn't Bold) tags. Just realized.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

The current sign-ups:

Quest #1: Harvest Time

1. Bartholomew Docken, Level 1 Ranger (Brickdoctor)

2. Sir Christopher Daggerfall, Level 1 Knight (Fred Fred Burger)

3. Eric, Level 1 Barbarian (KhoRne)

4. Atramor Gibbin, Level 1 Rogue (CallMePieOrDie)

5. Tesni Hightribe, Level 1 Barbarian (Peppermint_M)

6. Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight (SirSven7)

Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares

1. Atramor Gibbin, Level 1 Rogue (CallMePieOrDie)

2. Bartholomew Docken, Level 1 Ranger (Brickdoctor)

3. Nyx, Level 6 Mage (Pandora)

4. Signor Bacari, Level 1 Ranger (Capt.JohnPaul)

5. Althior Emorith, Level 1 Mage (K-nut)

6. Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 1 Knight (Zepher)

7. Alexis Fenral, Level 1 Ranger (Masked Builder)

Quest #3: The Missing Matriarch

1. Nyx, Level 6 Mage (Pandora)

2. Sir Gladius Stoat, Level 1 Knight (TazManiac)

3. Althior Emorith, Level 1 Mage (K-nut)

"Scheherazade, another round for me if you wouldn't mind, and then pull up a chair and tell me about these veterans. I may know them. Also, if you want to tell me about the six noble families, I'd greatly appreciate it. Last time I visited the people in charge weren't born yet. Is there any correlation between the six noble families and the six veterans, do you think?"

"Also, have you any connection to the Orcish invasion, Scheherazade? How old are you? What do you think of it? Want to tell me a bit about it from your perspective?"

The orc matron gave the inquiring lord a long, hard look that would have scared away most men. The lord was used to dealing with women, however, so he didn't give in.

"You're a persistent fellow, aren't you?" Scheherazade finally said. "And you ask the silliest questions. I'm a full-blood orc, not some prissy elf - of course I didn't live 250 years ago! And how dare you ask a lady her age?! Piss off, you fat old goat!"

The knight learned a valuable lesson: even when you have innate skill in diplomacy, be sure to behave like a diplomat.

Eric stepped back inside the Heroica Hall, now swarming with people eagerly looking for a job. The building was full of Knights and Rangers, mostly, with the occasional Mage thrown in, as well. Eric looked around and decided to take another peek at the Quest Board. If he ever wanted to see some battle, he might as well sign up for as many Quests as possible, hopefully one of the contractors would hire his skills. He read the missions and decided to put his name down for Quest #2.

Eric barged his way through the crowd and walked upstairs to the saloon. There, even more Adventurers were found talking and enjoying theirselves. The Viking spotted some new faces amongst those he had already seen, one of these new faces was a fellow Barbarian. A woman at that. Seeing as her table was the only free one available, he walked over to her and asked her if she minded if he sat there, too. He never waited for her reply and sat down before she could object. After all, she probably didn't mind anyway, since she's really busy cleaning her sword and all.

Eric called the Scheherazade and ordered something to eat and drink. Can't sleep well on an empty stomach, now can you?

Eric signed up for Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares

Tesni pocketed the rag. She turned to her new tablemate.

"You are one of the norse men yes? Are you from the high or the low? I think I scared everyone away. Up high we shouted across. It is not long since I left there."

Jess walked into the Hall, and looked around.

There sure are a lot of rowdy men around here... She thought. And even more Elven Rangers... Better steer clear of them, I've probably stolen something from at least one of them.

"So boys, a Lady Elven Rogue walks into a bar. Who cares to buy her a pint?"

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpg

Jess Islanti, Level 1 Rogue

74 year old female Elf.

Power: 4/4 Health: 7/7 Gold: 10

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Vial of Venom, Potion.

"I'll go ahead and throw my name in for the Harvest Time quest, if it pleases yeh!"

Staring irritably at the noisy folks now crowding the bar, Rufindel crosses to the Quest Board, and squeezes his name in at the bottom of Quest Number 2. Realising that this Quest is rather over-subscribed, he thinks a little, then adds his elegant signature also to the list for Quest Number 3.

'It is done,' he declares. With that, he once more squeezes into the packed bar area, pausing only to nurse what appears to be a fresh beak-wound on his hand.

You're evidently new here. Judging by the current behavior of the majority of the men in this hall, that's the wrong question to ask.

Speaking of which, where is the money for all the food and drink coming from?

Bacari mutters something, just audible.

Preferisco di uno per il ranger elfico ...

I'd rather by one for the elven ranger...

From his quiet corner Sven watched the other inhabitants, some he knew, and some he did not. Suddenly he saw himself, this version of him had lankier hair and was covered in a fur cloak but still it was his own visage :oh:

Surly they could not be related, this guy was a Norse Barbarian and he was fated to be a Knight

Sven decided that he would have to watch this Norse Man very closely, very closely indeed

Maybe they would be friends.

Maybe.

As Christopher scanned the crowd he noticed the coat of arms on the shield held by an young warrior in the corner of the hall. "Ah the Sven family" he muttered to himself. He walked to the young man and "Greetings young Knight, are you per chance a member of the noble Sven family? I ask because in my family archives their was reference to a sir Sven who fought beside my great-great-grandfather during the Orcish Invasions. Though it may simply be a coincidence. I see that your family has fell upon hard times" he said looking down to the knights shabby armor. "It is a shame how such noble families are reduced to the state of peasants. Regardless" he said "I look forward to questing with you." He extended his hand to Sir Sven and waited for him to take it.

Edited by Fred Fred Burger

Tesni pocketed the rag. She turned to her new tablemate.

"You are one of the norse men yes? Are you from the high or the low? I think I scared everyone away. Up high we shouted across. It is not long since I left there."

"Ja, I är Norse. I lived by the sea, so I probably come from the low? Excuse me, if I fail to understand your question here", Eric was caught by surprise by the questions. Even though he has roamed the world and had learned many great things during his roaming Viking life, proper English was not one of them. He didn't lose his steadiness, though, and remained confident and cool-headed as ever.

"What do you mean, you shouted across? Across the mountains?" Eric asked. He felt dumb, even though in reality, he was everything but a dumb brute. Well, maybe just a brute, but certainly not stupid.

"Here's the meal and your drink" Scheherazade interrupted "Enjoy..." She turned and went back to the bar.

Eric stuffed the food in his mouth, he was figuratively dying of hunger. "Jag är Eric. Who är du?" he asked, munching his meal and drinking his ale.

"It appears that all the Gentlemen here aren't Gentlemen at all, so I'll buy me own pint. Scheherazade, would you be so kind? I'd also like that lamb leg you got cooking there."

After gathering up her food and drink, Jess decides to sit with the Barbarians.

"Hello!" Jess says, directing her speech to Eric. "You're Norse, correct? My mother was dear friends with a Norse woman named Jess Sveinn, my namesake. Perhaps you know her family? She's obviously long gone by now. It's unfortunate that Human lives are so short."

Jess took a long swig of her pint of mead, and tore into her leg of lamb.

Jess turned her attention to Tesni.

"I've heard of the Hightribe. Certainly a mighty and frightening bunch! You fit the description."

Jess takes another bite of her lamb.

"It appears that all the Gentlemen here aren't Gentlemen at all, so I'll buy me own pint. Scheherazade, would you be so kind?

No, you just kight have taken something from me, and I do get revenge. But anyway, fine, take 5 gold from me.

Gives 5 gold

"Ja, I är Norse. I lived by the sea, so I probably come from the low? Excuse me, if I fail to understand your question here", Eric was caught by surprise by the questions. Even though he has roamed the world and had learned many great things during his roaming Viking life, proper English was not one of them. He didn't lose his steadiness, though, and remained confident and cool as ever.

"What do you mean, you shouted across? Across the mountains?" Eric asked. He felt dumb, even though in reality, he was everything but a dumb brute. Well, maybe just a brute, but certainly not stupid.

"Here's the meal and your drink" Scheherazade interrupted "Enjoy..." She turned and went back to the bar.

Eric stuffed the food in his mouth, he was figuratively dying of hunger. "Jag är Eric. Who är du?" he asked, munching his meal and drinking his ale.

"From up high, it means we lived near the top of the mountains, high high up. We would shout across the canyons and vallies within. Echo you see, voices travel far. We were the highest living tribe, far above the others. The sea is certainly low, but not all of the low are bad. The Norse fight the cold as we do, so there is no dishonour." Tesni smiled. It was nice to talk about her home.

She turned to the Elf, "You live a long time yes? I have never met an elf before."

He extended his hand to Sir Sven and waited for him to take it.

Sven looked up at the Knight, his wavy blond hair and glorious armour made him look like a knight of old from the classic stories. His shield even had a coloured symbol upon it; Sven’s shield was so old that the image underneath the damage of countless battles was farcical at best. What was that a dog!! This man had an actual companion, one that would not judge or insult him.

Then he walked over to him, then he started speaking, ohhh god, he recognised my emblem, he knows my family, what can I say.

Then he offered his hand.

Sven stared at it for a second and the grasped it.

“Hard times, HA, hardly this armour may look old but I don it simply on request from my farther, indeed that was my relation who fought alongside yours. This armour may be old but out of honour for my Great Great Grandfather, I have been commanded by my Farther to wear this until I become one of the greatest champions to walk these halls. Indeed life has been so good for the Sven Family we happily accept a challenge, ha”

Sven realised he had been shaking this knights hand the entire time he had been talking.

He quickly let go.

"I'll take you up on that."

Gosh, this is getting expensive....

gives more gold

Per te, mia signora.

For you, my lady.

She turned to the Elf, "You live a long time yes? I have never met an elf before."

"Aye, we do live for an uncomfortable amount of time. So where are you from? I've heard tales of the Hightribe, and I'm mighty curious."

gives more gold

Per te, mia signora.

For you, my lady.

"Thanks you kind sir."

Sips drink

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Thanks you kind sir."

Sips drink

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

Call me Bacari, it will do.

Nothing I can think of right now. So I see you are going on the 2nd quest as well? Why that one?