Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

A Sorceror? :tongue:

Well, considering Guts despises Magic, or more specifically it's users, because he believes they are the reason that undead and demons exist, something very major would need to happen before he would consider learning magic.

Raiders seem to be very popular, guess what Guts is going to be :wink:.

It is the only Rogue advanced class that retains the same mugging capabilities as the Rogue basic class (which are much better than that of Assassin or Sorcerer), plus it gets a health bonus and Extra Critical Hit and Natural Respite. Definitely the class I would be if I could fit into Hybros' roleplaying. Same with Black Knight.

It is the only Rogue advanced class that retains the same mugging capabilities as the Rogue basic class (which are much better than that of Assassin or Sorcerer), plus it gets a health bonus and Extra Critical Hit and Natural Respite. Definitely the class I would be if I could fit into Hybros' roleplaying. Same with Black Knight.

I actually think all Rogue's advanced classes are pretty good.

Assassin's 1 in 6 chance to instantly kill the target seems like a good counterbalance to me for the lost gold. :classic:

Assassin's 1 in 6 chance to instantly kill the target seems like a good counterbalance to me for the lost gold. :classic:

Unless the target is immune. I know that if an Assassin was to go on a Quest hosted by me, major npc's would indeed be immune to instant kills.

Yes, that's what I thought whenever I chose Assassin. I've killed several enemies this way already, and I'm loving it.

Random Question a go go:

What are your thoughts on "boss fights"? some quests end with a large band of enemies, while other final battles revolve around taking a main target down and out. Which final battle scenario do you prefer and why?

Edited by Endgame

Random Question a go go:

What are your thoughts on "boss fights"? some quests end with a large band of enemies, while other final battles revolve around taking a main target down and out. Which final battle scenario do you prefer and why?

I think having a "final encounter" in general is a good thing, depending on the Quest, both are of course very reasonable.

*Cough* Quest 23 did not have one *Cough*

Yes, that's what I thought whenever I chose Assassin. I've killed several enemies this way already, and I'm loving it.

Eww, I hate McDonald's! :laugh:

Random Question a go go:

A main target is the way for me! :laugh:

I meant mug-wise. Yes, I do like Assassin (even though I haven't played with it yet). The only Rogue AC I don't like is the Witch, but that's just me.

I meant mug-wise. Yes, I do like Assassin (even though I haven't played with it yet). The only Rogue AC I don't like is the Witch, but that's just me.

I haven't actually seen Atramor in action, but Witch in general is a REALLY good class. Auto-Poison on all attacks? A strikeback effect on Special Damage? Hexing the enemy on a Shield? These are not abilities to be sniffed at. The nerf to the Special Damage effect to make it a 50/50 chance DOES lower the appeal somewhat, but it's still nothing to sneeze at.

Eww, I hate McDonald's! :laugh:

ohoq9.jpg

I'm still lovin' it.

It isn't a 50/50 chance, Flipz, it's been changed so that both me and the opponent take the Special Damage.

And, um, I think I've only poisoned one enemy so far this quest... :blush:

I haven't actually seen Atramor in action, but Witch in general is a REALLY good class. Auto-Poison on all attacks? A strikeback effect on Special Damage? Hexing the enemy on a Shield? These are not abilities to be sniffed at. The nerf to the Special Damage effect to make it a 50/50 chance DOES lower the appeal somewhat, but it's still nothing to sneeze at.

The reason Atramon has so much potential is more because of the Witch's Talisman*, I think, not so much because of the qualities of the class itself.

*Which darkdragon really should have sold for a lot more than 50 Gold. :laugh:

The reason Atramon has so much potential is more because of the Witch's Talisman*, I think, not so much because of the qualities of the class itself.

*Which darkdragon really should have sold for a lot more than 50 Gold. :laugh:

I think it would a cool idea to have more "Witch Amulets", that morph the ability into other types of venom we have seen.

Well, shoot, now I want a Paralyzing Venom Talisman. :laugh:

"Got this Crossbow here. Any of you thinking about using ranged weapons in the future? "

While we're on the subject of characters collecting things, Skrall would be interested in that crossbow if no one is thinking of becoming an assassin.

Also pertaining to enemies, while I like main battle bosses, I can say that from a QM perspective, it is much harder to create a single balanced enemy for a final fight than it is a group of enemies for the last fight.

While we're on the subject of characters collecting things, Skrall would be interested in that crossbow if no one is thinking of becoming an assassin.

I gave it to Dyric, will need to speak to him :wink:

Also pertaining to enemies, while I like main battle bosses, I can say that from a QM perspective, it is much harder to create a single balanced enemy for a final fight than it is a group of enemies for the last fight.

I have come to this realization too. Also, one enemy as the boss takes away from the strategy a little because heroes essentially only have two choices - use an item, or attack that one enemy. If there is a mass of enemies you have to figure out who should get a free hit from who and if using an item that will result in a free hit is a good use of a turn. I doubt I will ever again have just one enemy as a boss.

I know, but who doesn't? Lets face it, Pretzel is the only guy who would be able to carry all of his stuff without using 3 rounds to find and ready each weapon let alone attack...

You see? I was prepared. :laugh:

The idiotic thing is that I only have one weapon, but I guess I can use the cart to carry my other good around. Just face it, you guys are all alive still because the voice in the sky wants you to be. :grin:

From what I can recall 99 Pieces of Pretzel, Inc. have trademarked the cross. So you'll have to ask the Director/CEO for permission to make one of your own. Sorry, mate!

:rofl: Wanna enter a business partnership? :poke::excited:

It could be useful. It doesn't hurt to maximize output. It'd be better than this stupid fan. Talk about damaging reputation.

If you really don't want the fan for whatever reason, I'd be willing to buy it for more than market value once I get the Gold.

It could be useful. It doesn't hurt to maximize output. It'd be better than this stupid fan. Talk about damaging reputation.

I'm hot. :sick::laugh: I'll accept the fan for free.

I created the 4 Guardians for Quest#32, then realised very quickly that there would be no real ballte strategy needed if the party just fought one enemy all the time, so added in smaller enemies to spice it up a bit. I think that worked quite well; you get a main enemy to fight, but also as many underlings as needed to maintain a challenge.