Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

8 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I hope you guys like science fantasy, because my pitch is going to be science fantasy, akin to Star Wars, Warhammer 40,000, and Guardians of the Galaxy. :sweet:

Inject that straight into my veins.:laugh:

@Classic_Spaceman I don't think you need to bold all you "talk speech" like that. In the past the bold was used for examining / exploring and for battle commands. Plus, I  believe italics was used for internal thought (or descriptions). But I guess it is really up to @Endgame at this time. 

I'm not really going to police how anyone formats their posts at this time (as long as its still legible :tongue: ), especially as it is only a test mission, but what you described is the standard convention, yes. :classic:

19 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

@Classic_Spaceman I don't think you need to bold all you "talk speech" like that. In the past the bold was used for examining / exploring and for battle commands. Plus, I  believe italics was used for internal thought (or descriptions). But I guess it is really up to @Endgame at this time. 

I wanted to make clear what posts were in-character (beyond stylistic differences), and I generally use italics for emphasis. Furthermore, I was planning to convey thought and action via speech, rather than out-of-character exposition. 
I can try to modify the style, though, if it will be a problem. ?

44 minutes ago, Endgame said:

I'm not really going to police how anyone formats their posts at this time (as long as its still legible :tongue: ), especially as it is only a test mission, but what you described is the standard convention, yes. :classic:

Well then are we going to be using the "OoC" (Out of Character) for non story stuff? 

30 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I wanted to make clear what posts were in-character (beyond stylistic differences), and I generally use italics for emphasis. Furthermore, I was planning to convey thought and action via speech, rather than out-of-character exposition. 
I can try to modify the style, though, if it will be a problem. ?

I guess as long it is clear. Mostly it is just what we are familiar with from the old game. But it doesn't seem like a big problem. 

But, their is always the underlined, as far as I know that is not getting used for anything. :shrug_oh_well: 

@Classic_Spaceman @KotZ @Goliath @Kintobor @Lord Duvors 

Ok here who is targeting what the "stoic" Yelana, Kleeck and Igaz; "Oozling" c - Dunola and Enson; "oozling" a (or b) - Tester-Three. So someone should go after "oozling" b.  

See next post this one no longer needed. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

6 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well now I guess someone should target "oozling" b. And hopefully it will go down in round two. 

Indeed, although I will say that Heroica 2.0 discussion should stay in the Heroica 2.0 topic. And if you're going to strategize, do it in character, that is how fun banter is born. :laugh:

Just now, Endgame said:

Indeed, although I will say that Heroica 2.0 discussion should stay in the Heroica 2.0 topic. And if you're going to strategize, do it in character, that is how fun banter is born. :laugh:

Sometimes it could get a little confusing doing it in three different threads. Plus I not sure a War Bot would "strategize" with non-War-Bots. And then their this timing thing, I thought it would be longer between rounds (hence the post editing). Plus I guess I didn't want to put a lot of unnecessary "out of character" talk in the "mission" thread. 

20 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Plus I not sure a War Bot would "strategize" with non-War-Bots.

I feel like that's definitely a roleplay thing. War bots strategizing between each other is definitely a given, although in media (as recently as The Mandalorian), droids working with non robotic creatures to achieve an objective.

Just popping my head in here! See Legonator messaged me over a year ago for details about what would have been my final quest, which I was just too busy to host! Will hopefully post a good write up of that one day (though I'll post what I sent him too). Anyway, finally a D&D player myself (going on 3 years) and it's massively enjoyable, though I have this and Eurobricks Mafia to thank for my early foray into role playing! Miss telling stories with a large crew of people (and LEGO!). Basically just hope all my old world-wide friends are well, and still adventuring in one way or another.

My phone to this day for whatever reason tries to auto-complete "boo" (which I usually intend to be "book") to Boomingham, which maybe is what keeps everything fresh in my mind!

4 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Wow, a year late, hope everything is good on your end!

Maybe I'll post one day! It was... complicated, and having gotten further into writing and playing games probably not PC driven enough! BUT, yes, I had a pretty concrete idea for what I wanted it to be. I'd rather post it on the general threads than just here, just in case other folks are wondering, but the basic idea was that there was a great flying city long long ago, that had since crashed (this was way before I knew D&D and how common that lore was, so... wow). The Golden Order, who craved a safer, fairer world, planned to raise it, and were going to be aided by the three Witches and a mix of baddies and goodies... only once raised it turned out the city was a prison for a kind of hive mind being that starts to assimilate everyone, and has to be stopped.

I'll post a more in depth outline eventually, but the idea was to do a quest focused on perfect order to mirror the chaos of the Wren arc, to kind of dismiss both ideas, forcing people to come to their own conclusions, seeing that either could be used for both evil or good.