Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

What should we do, do you think?  Should I reformat the posts, or will it somehow be fixed?

I like to think that it will be fixed soon.

Bonaparte said not to worry, but I am already freaking out.

Well, I found an easy way to fix stuff. First off edit post then click at top if post the icon of a page with the magnifying glass. You should then get a load circle after that it should look "normal" just be sure to save the edit. (I found this out while trying to fix my status post.)

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Aaaand fixed. :tongue:

Your signature links aren't. :poke:

I can't edit my stats. It says, "Too much time has passed since you posted this for it to be edited.".  :wacko: :look:

4 hours ago, wiz said:

I can't edit my stats. It says, "Too much time has passed since you posted this for it to be edited.".  :wacko: :look:

That's going to be a big problem for this game...

It seems that words written since the update Keep their Formatting .

So we should be good from here on out right?

4 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

It seems that words written since the update Keep their Formatting .

So we should be good from here on out right?

Yeah, I think going forward we're good, but it's everything from before that will be a headache.

8 hours ago, wiz said:

Nevermind, it seems to be resolved for me.

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Yeah, I think going forward we're good, but it's everything from before that will be a headache.

I'm told it'll be a couple weeks before the script gets to the old topics, but it will happen.

Not sure I like that it now rings a bell when you get quoted.  Anyone know where to turn off that particular nugget?

Other than your character portrait, it seems simply clicking edit, the Preview, then Save, will fix all the grebles on your character info post.

But not the direct link from your signature.  How do we fix that?

Edited by Asphalt

For all current QM's.  If you have a post you really need to get back to its original formatting all you have to do is click Edit and save.  I just tested this on my last post in the Fields of glory and it put EVERYTHING back to the way it was originally formatted.  Pictures, colors, fonts, EVERYTHING.

1 minute ago, Asphalt said:

For all current QM's.  If you have a post you really need to get back to its original formatting all you have to do is click Edit and save.  I just tested this on my last post in the Fields of glory and it put EVERYTHING back to the way it was originally formatted.  Pictures, colors, fonts, EVERYTHING.

Be sure to double check via preview first. There are times that the new system can create some issues that need to be addressed before saving your post. Extra line breaks and such.

If we do get those line breaks, and then go through and delete them all, and they remain, any solutions then?

Got it.  Have to delete all the way so that they share a line and then press enter again... but you can't miss a single line in the whole post or everything below it is out of whack.  Lots of other new stuff to learn (how to indent, how to remove quote tags?) but at least I can attempt to move forward now.

Bad news for everyone: BBCode support is dead.  That means our archives are totally screwed. :sceptic:

Hopefully the script will be able to go through and do a one-time conversion to whatever we use now (HTML?), but even still we may need to figure out a way to go through all the old Quests and undo the damage. :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Flipz, how did you fix your signature link?

Once you find your stats, click on the "posted 5 hours ago" (or whenever it shows the post was posted) bit in light gray on the upper-left side of the post; that'll link you to the post (the technical term is apparently "comment" now :hmpf:) directly, and from there you just copy the address out of your browser's address bar.

If I get time, I might see about manually rebuilding the first post of the Hero Stats topic for Sandy, since the general structure for internal links has changed; I'm not sure why the old-style link for Arthur in my signature properly redirects while the one for Zanna did not, but it's probably a good idea to start looking for internal links in Quests themselves and fixing them as well, otherwise they'll make no sense now. :hmpf_bad: