Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

153, I'm sorry for your hilariously bad rolls. So rarely when a hero is lucky do they roll two special damages, but make it so that the enemy only needs one and obviously that's all he's going to get. :laugh: Should have made that special better... was out of practice. :blush:

Maybe a strange question about fields of glory herochoices. There were 5 choosen heroes but isn't there 6 possible slots to fill? There were 9 who had signed up, why not fill all 6?

You would have to ask the "field master" that question. But my guess it was based on levels of the characters.

I noticed something in the marketplace. Some of the armor(s) are spelled armour. Is that some sort of European spelling?

I noticed something in the marketplace. Some of the armor(s) are spelled armour. Is that some sort of European spelling?

British English. Armour, colour, honour, etc.

Maybe a strange question about fields of glory hero choices. There were 5 chosen heroes but isn't there 6 possible slots to fill? There were 9 who had signed up, why not fill all 6?

Samuraiturtle is correct, balance mostly.

I have to say now (even before that my first quest as host has started, way more definitely when it is over :wink: ), that I really feel even more respect and give credit to those who makes and hosts quests in the game. It is not easy, not at all. Planning the battles are giving me a headache, not making it too easy but not too hard, get the balance. :wacko:

Edited by Mencot

I have to say now (even before that my first quest as host has started, way more definitely when it is over :wink: ), that I really feel even more respect and give credit to those who makes and hosts quests in the game. It is not easy, not at all. Planning the battles are giving me a headache, not making it too easy but not too hard, get the balance. :wacko:

I find it a lot of fun trying to balance battles and all. It's difficult but worth it.

Fun fact: Boomingham is confusing a saber that he sold with a sword he got in 105. He has bad memory... not me. :blush::tongue:

I find it a lot of fun trying to balance battles and all. It's difficult but worth it.

Fun, yes it is and have been when I have planned and didn't doubt that but the first time it hit me that it isn't so easy. And this is just low level battle. :tounge:

But I got some great advice already, I o)know if needed (most likely), I will get help when the quest is running also. So thanks for that.

I like how the Copper Fox is quite adaptable. For some heroes he pulls out his full force in training them and for others you would think that he never touched a blade in his life. :grin:

:tongue:

Took that image of the fig. WBD was referring to when the sun was going down, gave it a strange illumination. Did bother to take a new image of that fig, maybe I should had.

Edited by Mencot

My sincerest apologies that Quest#148 has taken me so long to host, but now it has reached it's climactic ending. I surely am interested to see if the heroes accept Baba's challenge, or if they're too battle-weary to just be done with the quest. :blush:

My sincerest apologies that Quest#148 has taken me so long to host, but now it has reached it's climactic ending. I surely am interested to see if the heroes accept Baba's challenge, or if they're too battle-weary to just be done with the quest. :blush:

:excited: Baba Baba Baba :excited:

Edited by Mencot

Hey, if this really is your last quest, we might as well go out with a (hopefully not literal) bang. :grin:

:tongue:

Took that image of the fig. WBD was referring to when the sun was going down, gave it a strange illumination. Did bother to take a new image of that fig, maybe I should had.

Wouldn't have mattered, yellow is yellow. :tongue:

Sandy, I love reading your articles on the wiki, partially because I think they reveal story lines that aren't actually apparent in the quests. :laugh::blush: I had no idea Mr. Gaunt was the bird that Baba came crashing in on, and was that picture of her and Soloman giving the Pandemonicon to Nebukadnezzar ever actually featured in a quest?

Maybe it's just me missing stuff. :blush:

Sandy, I love reading your articles on the wiki, partially because I think they reveal story lines that aren't actually apparent in the quests. :laugh::blush: I had no idea Mr. Gaunt was the bird that Baba came crashing in on, and was that picture of her and Soloman giving the Pandemonicon to Nebukadnezzar ever actually featured in a quest?

If I had to guess, it was probably missed content from 135. That was the Quest exploring Baba's backstory, after all, and it got cut short before it could be finished.

It seems like the most awesome finale to the quest we could ask for. Of course we're not going to pass it up! I sincerely hope the story arc itself will be wrapped up at some point in the future, however long that may be.

By the way, does the Scholar's Codex deal damage to allies if the Scholar is using positive scrolls?

I don't think it was revealed in-quest that Gaunt was the Garuda. Spoiler alert? :look:

Also, I don't think a single hero has held as much gold at one time as Hybros has now. Just 50 gold short of the 10K mark - too bad he didn't have a bit more just so we could see it in the stats. :tongue: And don't worry, only a small part of it belongs to him.

The picture was actually featured in the beginning of #148, as was Mr. Gaunt. The seagull that spied on the party referred to him as the "king of birds", and should they have pursued him in Miranda they would've fought him as Garuda much earlier. :wink:

By the way, does the Scholar's Codex deal damage to allies if the Scholar is using positive scrolls?

No. I fixed the description to read "negative effect scrolls".

Wouldn't have mattered, yellow is yellow. :tongue:

I thought you were referring to the greenish hue but okay. :tongue:

Edited by Mencot

Okay, seeing "Luosh" in a tag for a new quest really, really tripped me up. I thought Q48 got bumped somehow. :tongue:

Okay, seeing "Luosh" in a tag for a new quest really, really tripped me up. I thought Q48 got bumped somehow. :tongue:

How have I not never read that one :look:

:blush: oh well, my quest doesn't conflict with it.

Edited by Mencot

How have I not never read that one :look:

:blush: oh well, my quest doesn't conflict with it.

Just remember that Punii lives in Eubric now, and Ayla died in...81 was it? Yeah, Quest #81. IIRC that was the last time anything happened that affected Luosh. (Maybe Endgame should write some info on it for the wiki, HINT HINT ENDGAME :poke:)

Hmm...want to tease my upcoming Quests, but not sure what to post. What would people like to see a teaser about: something fancy, something familiar, or something grim? :wink:

Edited by Flipz