Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

:hmpf:

I swear that post did not appear on my screen until after you posted that. Seriously, I looked. :wacko: Bug related to the double-post, perhaps?

Could have changed hands after that! Sandy responded to it, so perhaps it too happened! It's an interactive game, things like this happen.

Evil talking book, I want it. :angry:

Evil talking book that's tied into Nerwen's roleplaying, though... :def_shrug: If it means she turns up Witch later, I'd rather she get it; Guts doesn't need an excuse to turn Rogueish. :tongue::moar:

Edited by Flipz

Evil talking book, I want it. :angry:

Evil talking staff, I want it. :tongue:

Evil talking book that's tied into Nerwen's roleplaying, though... :def_shrug: If it means she turns up Witch later, I'd rather she get it; Guts doesn't need an excuse to turn Rogueish. :tongue::moar:

How I see it, It's a: Talking Book - Immune to fire, makes snippy remarks now and then. Artifact, Accessory.

I honestly thought Quest #44 would've ended by now, but most of the 17 players I recruited are very passive, and even the active ones are reluctant to do anything, so the quest isn't moving forward. :sceptic: This is not meant as an insult to my players, but if you are unsure about what you should be doing now, just say so.

Well, it's kinda hard to be active when you've been devoured by an archdemon you know.. :tongue:

So, I've done the retcon, after all, if people overwriting my actions is something I dislike as a player, I should be careful not to do it myself.

I also want to say, though it's probably clear, that even though Nerwen is not loving Guts at the moment, I am really enjoying the opportunity to RP and liking the way Scuba is writing for him.

As for Namyrra pitching in, Sandy more or less said she's still there, just incorporeal. Do a ghosty thing! Tug at Cinna's skirt or tweak Sarick's tale. The temple does seem to be the place for eerie disembodied voices also.

and... sucked into Badass boast. (link 'cause I know Flipz digs that stuff.)

Edited by Chromeknight

Fantastic speech by Nerwen! Very Lady Galadriel :classic:

I always liked the Guts/Nerwen arguments and interaction in Quest#13 so am glad to see it again.

Good stuff, Chromeknight and Scuba. Though CK, you really should know that your companions haven't really searched the temple at all :laugh:

Good stuff, Chromeknight and Scuba. Though CK, you really should know that your companions haven't really searched the temple at all :laugh:

I know. But a) it's been over half a day and no one else (aside from Dreyrugr) has spoken. And b) sandy's made it clear that the only way to get Namyrra and William back is through the book, which is in elvish.

It's an odd thing, really. I guess everyone is still awestruck by the temple. :sceptic:

PvP!! PvP!! PvP!! PvP!! :moar::devil:

Seriously, Nerwen, Obelix, Benji, just attack him. You know you want to... :devil_laugh:

Talking Book - Immune to fire, makes snippy remarks now and then. Prevents Fleeing. Artifact, Accessory.

PvP!! PvP!! PvP!! PvP!! :drool:

Talking Book - Immune to fire, makes snippy remarks now and then. Prevents Fleeing. Artifact, Accessory.

PvP!! PvP!! PvP!! PvP!! :drool:

> roll Shield. Everyone dies. Guts loots.

That still leaves Benji, Cinna, and Thothwick alive, and if Skuld sides with Nerwen, then the Quest fails... :devil:

Hmm, actually, now that I think of it, Thothwick is pretty beastly, stat-wise. If he buys a Scroll of Confusion and imbues it into his armor, he'll become completely immune to the vast majority of Arthur's abilities... :look:

That still leaves Benji, Cinna, and Thothwick alive, and if Skuld sides with Nerwen, then the Quest fails... :devil:

Hmm, actually, now that I think of it, Thothwick is pretty beastly, stat-wise. If he buys a Scroll of Confusion and imbues it into his armor, he'll become completely immune to the vast majority of Arthur's abilities... :look:

Why would everyone attack me though, Guts' plan is sensible.

Because he's been a jerk to pretty much everyone else in the party. :tongue: Did you notice how everyone who had the urge to stop Guts from taking the book held back, because they decided he deserved to get zapped? :tongue:

I must say that I am enjoying this little bout in Quest 44 between you two, Scuba and Chromeknight, and I think it is an amazing observation made by Nerwen that the argument is similar to the one over the darkstar in their earlier quest. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Because you've annoyed the crap out of everyone

Because you've annoyed the crap out of everyone

No, Gut's has annoyed the crap out of everyone, remember the concept here, being a jerk with out being a jerk. His character naturally believes that Nerwen is out for power, I can see Skrall or Boomingham probably being of the same mind. Most people would not be as trusting of other's intentions in real life as they are in Heroica. Mistrust is a hard thing to pull of in an RPG, especially when you can read what another person's character is thinking.

Sandy, I have to ask, did you draw on Arthur and Wren's backstories for the details of Zoot here, or is this another case where my pre-written backstory details are eerily similar to the canonical details of major plot and NPCs? :tongue::look:

It's a pure coincidence - I did not even read your flashbacks that carefully. I think we're both drawing inspiration from common clichés of the genre, actually. :tongue:

After all, you're not saying that dark temples and cursed spellbooks are your inventions, are you? :wink:

It's a pure coincidence - I did not even read your flashbacks that carefully. I think we're both drawing inspiration from common clichés of the genre, actually. :tongue:

After all, you're not saying that dark temples and cursed spellbooks are your inventions, are you? :wink:

Alright then. But if the Heroes find a staff that lets the user summon Chaos Beasts or demons... :laugh:

Of course not. Of course, Arthur didn't specify that the Tome of Chaos spoke, but then again, that's the sort of detail that would naturally be kept hidden. I still think it's another copy of the same book in-universe, though. :tongue:

Of course, I'm sure this IS the Temple of Zoot that Wren and Roderick discovered with the Gray Wizard--I'm sure Zeph coordinated that with you in the writing for 38. :wink:

Oh dear, it looks as though Nerwen suffers from the same syndrome as Arthur, making serious judgements of a person's life (And even their species) because of single action that they took. Maybe Guts secretly called her a smartarse too. :poke: