Lord Garmadon should not go to the good side. Lloyd is a wip name. They'll rename him.

Guess the main thing will be the airship.

I do like the Ninjago theme, but the 2012 direction seems iffy. Ah well, could save me money for my kids. :)

I've just remembered, wasn't there some kind of flying ninja boat in that Lego Battles game?

And I know it's hypocritical, but I'm slightly disappointed with the fact the next wave will be more vehicle-based. :sceptic:

That was the main thing I didn't like about the first wave. And with only 1 vehicle, and more dragons and architecture in the 2nd wave, I thought Lego was moving away from ridiculous vehicles.

But, I suppose they could be cool. We should have pictures soon. :wink:

Also, what do you think is going to happen with Nya?

i remember in the movie they were travelling on a ship to goto the ice place.. perhaps one of the sets would be the ship?

and perhaps in the sets the 4 ninjas will not have the ninja hats but instead their hairs ! hahah

new spinners and ninjas please lego group :sweet:

We know we'll be getting new spinners, and there may be a new Green Ninja (but apparently it will just be one of the other ones 'evolved'). :wink:

The story of a theme that began with ninjas fighting undead guys in vehicles got ridiculous.

BTW, the reports about Garmadon becoming good are all just from the speculators. I think they may have misread signals. I find it more likely Garmadon will help the ninjas, but only temporarily and stay evil and only do so because his son is a bigger danger. The villain helping the heroes fight a larger threat is a rather standard plot device.

We know we'll be getting new spinners, and there may be a new Green Ninja (but apparently it will just be one of the other ones 'evolved'). :wink:

Hopefully it will be Zane. White Ninjas are really boring to me. But I love that old green Ninja! :wub_drool:

Hopefully it will be Zane. White Ninjas are really boring to me. But I love that old green Ninja! :wub_drool:

I think it's more likely to be the Black Ninja, Cole. His power is earth, and green seems like an earth-y colour.

On the other hand, ninjas are generally associated with the colour black, so taking Cole away seems an odd thing to do. :sceptic:

Maybe the green one's Nya, that way they can keep the original ninjas. It would be an evolution of sorts.

In any case, kids would probably treat the Green Ninja as a new character anyway. :wink:

I think it's more likely to be the Black Ninja, Cole. His power is earth, and green seems like an earth-y colour.

On the other hand, ninjas are generally associated with the colour black, so taking Cole away seems an odd thing to do. :sceptic:

Maybe the green one's Nya, that way they can keep the original ninjas. It would be an evolution of sorts.

In any case, kids would probably treat the Green Ninja as a new character anyway. :wink:

I thought Cole at first, but then I had the same reasoning as you.

Maybe Garmadon or Nya is the green ninja?

Garmadon in green? :sick: Nya would be OK but I would prefer a new ninja.

it would be great to see all the ninjas evolve.. then we have more variety of ninja colours

so far we got black red white grey green (from classic sets)

and black red white blue (from current ninjago sets)

I'd like to see colours like purple orange babyblue (like jay from Kingdoms ii) yellow and pink for nya

I'm wondering if there will be a snakeman king based on the king cobra,or other snakes,like the rattle snake.

it would be great to see all the ninjas evolve.. then we have more variety of ninja colours

so far we got black red white grey green (from classic sets)

and black red white blue (from current ninjago sets)

I'd like to see colours like purple orange babyblue (like jay from Kingdoms ii) yellow and pink for nya

I would like to see orange and purple but the other ones are :sick: for me. Babyblue I'd prefer not to have but I wouldn't hate TLG for it. Yellow would make the minifigs look naked. Don't get me started on pink. I'd like to see the return of grey as well. Or what about Brown?

Why so much hate for the green ninja? Green is a very natural color and therefore makes sense for a ninja, more so than red or white in my opinion.

I hope it's Nya.

can anyone recall where we usually find the leaked catalog pics?

I don't think there is any one place to look for leaks... They just get randomly posted on the internet and eventually get posted here. So do it like Sensei Wu and be patient, and have some tea! :grin:

I imagine 9446 Destiny's Bounty is the name of the flying boat set. Now, I'm going to disagree with some people and say that flying boats are totally awesome. The Nintendo DS game LEGO Battles (this is the original Castle-, Pirates-, and Space-themed LEGO Battles, not the Ninjago-themed sequel) had a flying boat as a vehicle for the Ninjas, who appeared in some of the Pirates levels (as allies to the Imperials, opposite the Islanders who allied with the Pirates). I thought the idea was awesome then, and I think it's perfect for the more fantasy-oriented Ninjago theme.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about the ninjas having so many vehicles, since I really liked the traditional-versus-modern, nature-versus-technology theme presented in the first year, with rugged vehicles for the skeletons and dragons for the ninjas. At the same time, I have been very impressed with Ninjago set designs so far, so I'm hoping the brilliance of the designers has helped maintain a unique look for the Ninja vehicles that does not conflict too heavily with their architecture's traditional Japanese vibe.

If Nya goes on to become the green ninja, then that would be very cool, in part because it means that a female character is getting some proper attention as a main cast member. It would also be a real shame if a different ninja got a green color that conflicts with their former elemental theme, unless of course Kai becomes the green ninja and Nya takes his place as Ninja of Fire... :wink:

Not sure what to think about the snakemen. It's a cool idea, even though the presence of new baddies means that many of the skeleton molds from this year probably will never get used again. I guess they would have gotten boring anyway, though, and just introducing new skeletons wouldn't keep the theme feeling fresh. I hope the snakemen look really cool, and have a style that fits with traditional human minifigures, only with an alien twist!

And while most of my impressions have been good, let me agree with the crowd in saying that Lloyd Garmadon is a pretty stupid name. When I first heard it, it sounded like such a cheap pun that I doubted its veracity! But sure enough, it's confirmed in the LEGO press release about the upcoming TV series. Maybe I might be able to forgive the punniness of the name because of how awesome the name Lloyd is by itself, even if it's completely at odds with the Asian-inspired names of all the other human characters.

Why so much hate for the green ninja? Green is a very natural color and therefore makes sense for a ninja, more so than red or white in my opinion.

I hope it's Nya.

I don't think there is any one place to look for leaks... They just get randomly posted on the internet and eventually get posted here. So do it like Sensei Wu and be patient, and have some tea! :grin:

Hm... some Acai Berry tea sounds nice, actually... with cupcakes. I'll invite Pinkie Pie over, and we'll have the best cupcake-tea party evar! Care to join? :grin:

Not sure what to think about the snakemen. It's a cool idea, even though the presence of new baddies means that many of the skeleton molds from this year probably will never get used again. I guess they would have gotten boring anyway, though, and just introducing new skeletons wouldn't keep the theme feeling fresh. I hope the snakemen look really cool, and have a style that fits with traditional human minifigures, only with an alien twist!

And while most of my impressions have been good, let me agree with the crowd in saying that Lloyd Garmadon is a pretty stupid name. When I first heard it, it sounded like such a cheap pun that I doubted its veracity! But sure enough, it's confirmed in the LEGO press release about the upcoming TV series. Maybe I might be able to forgive the punniness of the name because of how awesome the name Lloyd is by itself, even if it's completely at odds with the Asian-inspired names of all the other human characters.

I'm also looking forward to the snakemen. new monster heads are more than welcome.

As far as LLoyd goes, not the prettiest name, and the pun is pretty weak, but let's not forget a certain Mr. Christopher Lloyd who makes that name suddenly awesome no matter where it's used. At least for me- his name was the first thing that came to mind when I heard the rumors.

I agree with you on the vehicles, tho. It would be fantastic if the ninja vehicles looked like they were made of bamboo and carven stone, or at least looked like ancient tech. Cogs. Lots of cogs.

I'm also looking forward to the snakemen. new monster heads are more than welcome.

As far as LLoyd goes, not the prettiest name, and the pun is pretty weak, but let's not forget a certain Mr. Christopher Lloyd who makes that name suddenly awesome no matter where it's used. At least for me- his name was the first thing that came to mind when I heard the rumors.

Personally, I thought of Lloyd Alexander first, so it's no wonder the name was so jarring for me. I readily associate the name Lloyd with European fantasy, so seeing it in an Asian fantasy setting is a bit awkward for me.

I agree with you on the vehicles, tho. It would be fantastic if the ninja vehicles looked like they were made of bamboo and carven stone, or at least looked like ancient tech. Cogs. Lots of cogs.

Cogs would be cool. After all, they were used without being too jarring in the Spinjitzu Dojo. I don't want the vehicles to look too archaic, though. I prefer a fantasy aesthetic where you don't care where the vehicles come from to a steampunk aesthetic that feels a shade grittier and more realistic. This is Ninjago! It's been crazy from the start, and so a "saturday morning cartoon" version of Asian traditions (much like the TV show Xiaolin Showdown) feels more appropriate to me than the reasoned application of historical details like in Avatar: The Last Airbender (which, to be fair, was also a cartoon).

Cogs would be cool. After all, they were used without being too jarring in the Spinjitzu Dojo. I don't want the vehicles to look too archaic, though. I prefer a fantasy aesthetic where you don't care where the vehicles come from to a steampunk aesthetic that feels a shade grittier and more realistic. This is Ninjago! It's been crazy from the start, and so a "saturday morning cartoon" version of Asian traditions (much like the TV show Xiaolin Showdown) feels more appropriate to me than the reasoned application of historical details like in Avatar: The Last Airbender (which, to be fair, was also a cartoon).

excellent point. The fantastic sure is a core theme of this...er... theme, and the vehicles ought to reflect that, though some sort of combination of fantastical and ancient in the same look would be immaculate. I've always loved the Japanese culture and the look of ancient carvings, monsters, etc.

If we could get some stickers or tiles with Oni depictions I would just about sell my soul to LEGO lol.

...maybe next year.

I'm kinda stoked that they chose snake people, as that is the last thing I would have seen coming before that teaser image. And I'm hoping those snake staffs are epic. Ooh! do you suppose we'll finally get a new snake mold or two? I'd like one that's partially cioled, like a cobra-about one or two studs wide.

The Nintendo DS game LEGO Battles (this is the original Castle-, Pirates-, and Space-themed LEGO Battles, not the Ninjago-themed sequel) had a flying boat as a vehicle for the Ninjas, who appeared in some of the Pirates levels (as allies to the Imperials, opposite the Islanders who allied with the Pirates). I thought the idea was awesome then, and I think it's perfect for the more fantasy-oriented Ninjago theme.

A-ha! I thought so:

I've just remembered, wasn't there some kind of flying ninja boat in that Lego Battles game?

And while most of my impressions have been good, let me agree with the crowd in saying that Lloyd Garmadon is a pretty stupid name. When I first heard it, it sounded like such a cheap pun that I doubted its veracity! But sure enough, it's confirmed in the LEGO press release about the upcoming TV series.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but when did this happen?

Anyway, I really liked 'wildcat' 's idea, making the Leader of the Snakemen be like a King Cobra. :wub:

Pretty old news actually!

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/PressRoom/CorporateNews/article/310918.aspx

The LEGO Group has announced that Ninjago – the new LEGO play theme inspired by martial arts, will be spun into 13 episodes of animated series content.

Ninjago tells the story of four young Ninja heroes – Kai, Jay, Cole and Zane – who train under the watchful eye of Sensei Wu to master an ancient martial art – Spinjitzu – to save the world from the evil Lord Garmadon and his skeleton army.

The brand new TV series written by Kevin and Dan Hageman picks up following a time of peace in Ninjago as the four heroes prepare to face a new enemy, Lloyd Garmadon, son of archenemy Lord Garmadon. Lloyd has unleashed a sinister evil with unique powers and his ambition to follow in his father’s footsteps puts all of Ninjago in jeopardy. The series is produced in HD CGI by Wil Film, and neither they nor the writers behind the 13 episodes are new to the Ninjago Universe created by the LEGO Group.

To launch the story and establish the characters, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, two 22-minute animated specials were made to introduce the characters and conflicts of the Ninjago universe. The specials aired in the US on Cartoon Network in January and in March – as well as online on ninjago.com. The two specials were consistently the highest rated program among boys in their time slot, across multiple airings in the US.

“We’re thrilled to be working with Wil Film and Kevin and Dan Hageman to add yet another dimension of story and engagement to our newest original property,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing & entertainment for LEGO Group. “The Ninjago universe combines the core LEGO value of creativity with teamwork and mastery of skills, which the series artfully leverages to create a new and compelling experience to inspire children’s imaginations.”

Currently the new TV-series is scheduled to air in the US on Cartoon Network before the end of the year and in Germany SUPER RTL will show the series.

Remember the old green ninja was female. Hmm....

Actually, there were two green ninja in the old Ninja theme, both exclusive to this minifigure pack. One was male and one was female. And anyway, I don't think the past Ninja theme can be counted on for hints about future minifigures, since Ninjago is a heavily story-based theme and the previous Ninja theme was far less story-based.

One thing that surprises me is that Zane doesn't have any sets with his name in them. However, set names can be unreliable for telling you the set's actual contents-- if you were to look at the set names for this year's Ninjago sets without knowing their contents, you might think there was no set with a fire dragon, and no spinner set for Jay or Frakjaw. It could be that Zane will have a vehicle in some set facing off against the snake people in a set that has their name and not his-- or, alternatively, he may not have any vehicles until the second wave, since I doubt a theme so successful would not have a summer wave planned.

I'm kind of curious what the ninja minifigures will be like in this theme. Will they wear their normal outfits or DX outfits from this year? Will they start out in already-existing outfits, and then get new outfits later, just as the ninjas this year started in the normal outfits and moved on to the DX outfits? Or will they start out with brand-new outfits to keep the character designs fresh?