Oky

2012 LEGO Boardgames Rumours & Discussion

Wow, I just noticed this. This is from July 3rd, 2012. Yep, the P&F game was fake. :sadnew:

That's a real shame. I was hoping for some P&F microfigs. :sad:

Edited by TAFOL

Wow, I just noticed this. This is from July 3rd, 2012. Yep, the P&F game was fake. :sadnew:

Not necessarily that it was a fake, just that they have no plans to release one. The rumour was that it got cancelled along with the mayan game.

I read on another thread someone suggesting that the Mayan Mystica game may have been retooled into the hobbit game. The layout would make this credible, though I don't know the lead time on the game sets, and whether the hobbit game would have been developed way before the cancellation of MM?

Well, it seems we might get Maya Mystica after all:

3867-1.jpg

It seems Maja Mistika is the same thing like the Hobbit game but with better printings :D

Personally, I agree completely. I was thinking it was turned into the Hobbit game myself...

Nice parts. Not sure I'd be too keen on the game as memory games aren't fun for me (too easy).

It does look a LOT like the Hobbit game. Time will tell if it's still coming or not.

Nice parts. Not sure I'd be too keen on the game as memory games aren't fun for me (too easy).

It does look a LOT like the Hobbit game. Time will tell if it's still coming or not.

Personally I hope it's coming, it looks cool (especially the microfigs!)

I've just picked up the Heroica set Ilrion (I'm thinking it may be the finale unfortunately) via S@H (The Hobbit has just appeared in shops, not interested at $50 yet). The new heroes have interesting unique abilities, so far the prince with his melee "defeat the monster + move 2 spaces" has proven overpowered on my densely trinketed custom game board. Not sure if on the normal board it would be more fair. The other one with his "pick up an object up to 3 spaces away" has proven fairly useless. I might nerf one and whatever-the-opposite-word-is the other.

Here is the current state of the board at my place:

8222954152_4ee5954de1_n.jpg8221879867_45ff385c4b_n.jpg8222953640_765fdb62aa_n.jpg8222944188_21000cb7c5_n.jpg8221871599_d82cd777ff_n.jpg8222945878_8c9112f3b6_n.jpg8222945068_3c2e161a9c_n.jpg

As you may be able to tell I've added (almost all of) the bosses in to the final round again. Takes a couple of hours to play.

Ack... wish I had saved more of the new part images I saw on Brickset. Along with the minifigures series 10 parts, there were at one time at least four microfigs from Maya Mystica pictured there... now they've been taken down.

Nice Heroica layout, Artanis!

Ack... wish I had saved more of the new part images I saw on Brickset. Along with the minifigures series 10 parts, there were at one time at least four microfigs from Maya Mystica pictured there... now they've been taken down.

Nice Heroica layout, Artanis!

Don't worry, :D

155px-748433847548758legounmadegame.jpg

155px-Lego6005566gameunmade3333333333.jpg

155px-Legounmadegame34554545656566005563.jpg

155px-6005564legounmadegamefig.jpg

-Sci

I love how the MM microfigs each have a different symbol hanging around their neck. No doubt this is a coincidence, but have you noticed that the symbol of the blue figure is (not completely, but almost) similar to that of Gali Nuva from Bionicle (who, incidentally, was also a blue character)?

So maybe we will get MM (as I see it has already been abbreviated...)! :thumbup: I'm liking the top three figs, the white one not so much though. What I really like about it is all the tan slopes though... :wub: - Not to mention the 4 into 1 pieces... (Looks to me like it would be in the $15-20 USD price range. Have we had the rumored price yet? I don't remember... :look: )

Love those microfigs! I wonder if the game might be somehow reborn in some fashion for Legend of Chima?

Nice! This gives me hope that the game might still be released. :sweet:

I wonder if the game might be somehow reborn in some fashion for Legend of Chima?

I don't think so. They'd have to completely redesign the game for it. And even if so, why would it still have human microfigs? :sceptic: I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of game for Chima planned, seeing as there was one for Ninjago. Also, it would be neat to see a TMNT game, but that's just wishful thinking.

... I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of game for Chima planned, seeing as there was one for Ninjago...

Just wanted to share a few random tidbits I found through Google searches. Page 137 of this catalog discusses the Chima books but also tells some things to anticipate from the Chima brand:

Brand Highlights:

• This property includes a TV show on a major kids’ network, Minifigures and sets, and large buildable figures.

• Board games, online games, apps, social games, and more![/Quote]

So, it seems you're conjecture was right... :wink: