Oky

2012 LEGO Boardgames Rumours & Discussion

I'm hoping the lack of heroica sets is more about not competing for shelf space with the Hobbit game at the end of this year. And hopefully we'll see some new sets in early 2013.

I just don't buy into this; one set will not keep the product line going. I have to think it's because the rest are not ready to be viewed yet.

I just don't buy into this; one set will not keep the product line going. I have to think it's because the rest are not ready to be viewed yet.

So you are saying that you think there WILL be others this year along with Ilrion? I hope so. But they could have showed boxes? If they want them to be in shops by the end of the year then they would had needed to show the buyers SOMETHING at the trade fairs. Take the Hobbit game for example, nothing other than promo box cover, but will still be ready for Christmas.

Edited by andhe

So you are saying that you think there WILL be others this year along with Ilrion?

I do think there will be more - as a vet of many of the NY Toy Fairs I can tell you that there are always plenty of reps available who take the retailers around to show product. I can very easily see them showing the single set with a mention that they will be continuing the line this year. They simply cannot sustain what they would hope to be an ongoing line with just one set for the year. Heroica is not the same as The Hobbit, Heroica is a grand adventure for LEGO.

As mentioned in the Star Wars forum, looks like Battle for Hoth WON'T be appearing in the USA due to licensing issues (guessing with other companies claiming rights over star wars themed board games?).

Seems a shame if true, but guess us europeans need to stock up then!

Edited by andhe

I do think there will be more - as a vet of many of the NY Toy Fairs I can tell you that there are always plenty of reps available who take the retailers around to show product. I can very easily see them showing the single set with a mention that they will be continuing the line this year. They simply cannot sustain what they would hope to be an ongoing line with just one set for the year. Heroica is not the same as The Hobbit, Heroica is a grand adventure for LEGO.

Here's hoping you're right, in response to a post on the Lego Games facebook page requesting more Heroica sets Lego posted "This is your year! You will not be disappointed." If it's just Ilrion, that would be a major overstatement...

This unwatermarked picture of the Ilrion box art was posted on facebook.

Makes it clearer that the boss is a vampire (possibly turns into a giant bat?) and the monsters are some sort of zombies. Can't wait!

429084_371690039515702_286427834708590_1361419_1257349090_n.jpg

So we are getting prince, King, Vampire and White mage/Cleric ?

The sand green figs are Orcs for sure. But what is the thing under the dice? I see 4 golds there...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

The sand green figs are Orcs for sure. But what is the thing under the dice? I see 4 golds there...

Look more like zombies to me, judging from the drawn one in the back of the image, zombie-orcs maybe.

Also interestingly the thingy next to the 4 golden pieces has the same two parts as the front of the bat, must mean something. A reward for defeating the bat?

Look more like zombies to me, judging from the drawn one in the back of the image, zombie-orcs maybe.

Also interestingly the thingy next to the 4 golden pieces has the same two parts as the front of the bat, must mean something. A reward for defeating the bat?

I know! Its the bat lifebar! Thats why there is his face on it!

Even though only Ilrion was featured at the NY Toy Fair, I'm still hopeful that the other locations that are on the online map of Heroica will also be released as sets this year. I'm just wondering if they'll be late releases like in September.

I'm also hoping they have made it so that the sets all connect. Maybe the small polybag Ganrash is the connector?

I'm also steamed about the Hoth game not coming to the US. Stupid licensing! I paid way too much to get Lunar Command and I really don't want to do the same for Hoth. I'm hoping that a friend of mine can pull through and get his friend in England to buy our group a bunch of them so we can share the high shipping costs.

Also, March should see the release of City Alarm as well as Kokoriko and Mini Taurus. I just haven't seen much about the latter two so I don't know if they really are coming out. TRU is selling City Alarm so I really wonder about the timing of the other two. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just really enjoy the LEGO board games and hope they continue to sell well so that the line will continue.

*clippety*

Also, March should see the release of City Alarm as well as Kokoriko and Mini Taurus. I just haven't seen much about the latter two so I don't know if they really are coming out. TRU is selling City Alarm so I really wonder about the timing of the other two. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just really enjoy the LEGO board games and hope they continue to sell well so that the line will continue.

Atleast my local small toystore (here in .fi) seems to have Kokoriko, Mini-taurus, City Alarm and Battle of hoth games up for sale and in stock..

At the end of the page -> http://www.lelushoppi.fi/tuotteet.html?id=282/&p=2

It's really a pity.. Till now, I never got a chance to acquire the Herioca locally from the last year series, not mentioning that this year containing another new wave. I always wanted to find out myself on the playing mechanism. Other boardgames made it here but not Heroica. :cry_sad:

I know! Its the bat lifebar! Thats why there is his face on it!

That would be really interesting, and awesome too, since it seems to be a staple of all homebrew rules that the monsters and bosses have hit points.

My guess is this may be the only set released this year not to clash with LotR and the Hobbit, which are thematically similar. Instead, I expect 2013 to be the time for the rest of the sets.

I'm still curious as to how and when they will release Ganrash...

Weeeell,

I just spent an exorbitant amount of shipping to get my Battle of Hoth from Belgium. :cry_sad:

someone needs to come up with some killer ability for playing Boba Fett in Heroica so it's all worth it :tongue:

no scratch that, chewbacca. I need to play chewbacca. :wub:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Weeeell,

I just spent an exorbitant amount of shipping to get my Battle of Hoth from Belgium. :cry_sad:

someone needs to come up with some killer ability for playing Boba Fett in Heroica so it's all worth it :tongue:

no scratch that, chewbacca. I need to play chewbacca. :wub:

I was thinking a wookie based kashyyk (sp?) level would be amazing... But pricey! Roll a shield, chewie rips their arms off, receive 2 gold :p

I'm sure Kokoriko and Mini Taurus will be released soon since the you can find the gameplay demos here.

Mini Taurus actually surprised me. It seems to be a superior version of Minotaurus even though it is a travel size.

Kokoriko is definitely designed for children even though there is some strategy involved with the mechanics. I wouldn't have guessed that the weird faces on the pink tiles represent a worm.

Edited by Arigomi

I'm sure Kokoriko and Mini Taurus will be released soon since the you can find the gameplay demos here.

Mini Taurus actually surprised me. It seems to be a superior version of Minotaurus even though it is a travel size.

Kokoriko is definitely designed for children even though there is some strategy involved with the mechanics. I wouldn't have guessed that the weird faces on the pink tiles represent a worm.

Thanks for sharing the Minitaurus/MinoTAUR video (seriously, how many times was he going to pronounce it 'My-na-tar' :P). Looks like a great little game with some cool pieces and microfigs. Might have to try pick this one up. I've got the larger version, and have played it with adapted rules for a greater/longer challenge. Some of these Minitaurus rules and rule suggestions would make good changes (being able to move the Minotarrr as far as you can in one direction for example).

Also found some really intetresting early concepts and visual ideas by the designers of Heroica on the Lego site. Interesting to look at for concept art fans as well as heroica fans.

http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/HeroicaDownloads/otherfiles/download2E46B2F982B4358B0319A52F3B80D71F.pdf

Edited by andhe

Also found some really intetresting early concepts and visual ideas by the designers of Heroica on the Lego site. Interesting to look at for concept art fans as well as heroica fans.

http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/HeroicaDownloads/otherfiles/download2E46B2F982B4358B0319A52F3B80D71F.pdf

Simply amazing! I would love to get this "Deluxe rule Book"!

And I am wondering... How can you wear this armor? There is no way to put it like this on microfig.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Simply amazing! I would love to get this "Deluxe rule Book"!

And I am wondering... How can you wear this armor? There is no way to put it like this on microfig.

This is just the ideas I guess that they wrote down before making it a whole lot more simpler. The page of characters also gives them different abilities (wizard gets +1 health, ranger gets +1 move) before they gave them weapons I guess.

It's interesting to see where their ideas started from though. And I was hoping to find some hidden clues to future sets/characters, but other than the sketches of the king I couldn't really find anything :(

This is just the ideas I guess that they wrote down before making it a whole lot more simpler. The page of characters also gives them different abilities (wizard gets +1 health, ranger gets +1 move) before they gave them weapons I guess.

It's interesting to see where their ideas started from though. And I was hoping to find some hidden clues to future sets/characters, but other than the sketches of the king I couldn't really find anything :(

I think we will get armor and the sidequests (and idea for medals which I used by myself for long time, haha) from this.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but Battle of Hoth seems like a game I would like to buy.

So cute that micro 'Chewy' :wub: