Oky

2012 LEGO Boardgames Rumours & Discussion

I was thinking about this too, do you have any ideas for abbilities/ weapons ? PM me ;]

I figured out some abilities for the ninja a while ago, but haven't gotten to redesigning the temple board for Heroica. I'll find the piece of paper I wrote the abilities down on and post them. I think I stuck them in the Ninjago game box.

I use the skeletons as monsters in the castle, and have used a ninja as a hero. I gave him an ability of +2 spaces when rolling shield. (So 6 spaces normally, 7 spaces with a torch) He has an advantage over other melee heroes but ranger is still by far the most advantaged.

So the shield doesn't allow him to defeat a monster? Isn't that a disadvantage?

Here are my observations on ilrion: on the top there are five symbols, Ilrion is in the middle, this could mean that there are two larger sets, or that Ilrion is simply the third one, the two larger set theory is reinforced because it is the twenty dollar box size.

MICROFIGURES

The player limit says 3, with two of the heroes being that white mage, and a UNCONFIRMED orange player, the cleric is the last one, and the enemies appear to be sand green. There is a dark-metallic goblin general-styled figure on the side of the box. The cleric appears to be cursing at the boss, a one eyed bat, close to the bats lair is another bat. AND on the heroica Ilrion page, there is a bat statue. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

ENVIRONMENT

The board is blue and dark-grey, with a broken bridge,dungeon, waterfall, and boss chamber. There is various wheels hinting that they probably have plumbing to control the fields, and that the hostiles overloaded them. A glowing yellow thing can be seen near the dice, which appears to have changed. There also appears to be some sort of obstacle.

CONCLUSION

Ilrion seems like a solid add-on to the original four sets, new enemies, a possible boss, and a smorgasbord of new and valuable parts.

That's a pretty in depth analysis of the box, especially considering the screenshot isn't that clear. New characters will be awesome, and I'm intrigued by the prospect of having different outcomes on a die roll.

Bring on Ilrion!

So the shield doesn't allow him to defeat a monster? Isn't that a disadvantage?

If you roll shield on your turn, you can either move 4 spaces or use your ranged attack if you have one (not all characters do, including ninja as I play it, so he can't defeat a monster from range). HOWEVER, if you encounter a monster and consequently roll shield, you can either defeat the monster or use your melee attack if you have one (not all characters do).

So the ninja defeats a monster with shield or 3 if he encounters one just the same as anyone else (but gets no bonus when he does so, unlike eg thief). Thief can only move when he rolls shield, cleric can move or heal himself but they can't attack a monster from range. Same thing.

Make sense?

If you roll shield on your turn, you can either move 4 spaces or use your ranged attack if you have one (not all characters do, including ninja as I play it, so he can't defeat a monster from range). HOWEVER, if you encounter a monster and consequently roll shield, you can either defeat the monster or use your melee attack if you have one (not all characters do).

So the ninja defeats a monster with shield or 3 if he encounters one just the same as anyone else (but gets no bonus when he does so, unlike eg thief). Thief can only move when he rolls shield, cleric can move or heal himself but they can't attack a monster from range. Same thing.

Make sense?

Okay, I got it now. He can defeat a monster in melee combat like normal, but if he rolls it and he's not next to a monster, he can move farther. Makes a lot of sense for a Ninja to be able to move quickly. I definitely like it.

I still haven't found the piece of paper that I wrote down abilities for each of the ninjas, but as soon as I do, I'll post it. I'm also hoping to have some time this month to remake the Ninjago board to be compatible with Heroica.

I like your ninja idea and I will use it for Jay probably when I get Ninjago game. :thumbup:

But let's back to the topic- If this is the water stage, will we get standard fire, earth, air next? Or maybe something more funky like... plant, space, poison, thunder? Because I noticed that some symbols on the top of the box are yellow and black/green.

I'll post it. I'm also hoping to have some time this month to remake the Ninjago board to be compatible with Heroica.

I/m looking foward to see some photos!

But let's back to the topic- If this is the water stage, will we get standard fire, earth, air next? Or maybe something more funky like... plant, space, poison, thunder? Because I noticed that some symbols on the top of the box are yellow and black/green.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but if you talking about the new Heroica expansions, the map on LEGO's website shows 5 new locations. I blogged about it.

I/m looking foward to see some photos!

Will do! :sweet:

Okay, I got it now. He can defeat a monster in melee combat like normal, but if he rolls it and he's not next to a monster, he can move farther.

I definitely like it.

:thumbup:

Makes a lot of sense for a Ninja to be able to move quickly.

That was the idea!

I like your ninja idea and I will use it for Jay probably when I get Ninjago game. :thumbup:

Don't forget "heart" :laugh: Edited by Artanis I

It would be fun to see some additional potions as well as characters and weapons. Maybe this wizard will have some 'water power', similar to the current 'fire wizard' (though his power doesn't, as yet, seem to have any reference to being fire related, other than the symbol on his pendant).

I know it's not really good practice to reply to yourself... but was just reading this heroica comic which is basically the comic strips that you get in the games combined, but with speech bubbles.

It weaves the different games and characters, each going off or arriving depending on the game they are in (eg the wizard heads off to the caves to find the rogue, whilst the barbarian heads to waldurk, then meeting up again with the wizard in the caves!).

After Waldurk the Druid heads to Fortaan to find the knight (with the wizard and Barabarian joing him after the rogue leaves) but the Ranger states "Yes and I think I will go and see if the village of Seldaan or any of the neighboring farms need any help".

It it too much too assume this means the ranger will appear in a Seldaan village/farm set in 2012 (as it's on the map with Ilrion).

The last page also shows a new map with new relics showing a route from lava mountains to a tree (?? with a sword relic) to a tower (with a staff? relic) to a larger castle (Ilrion?).

Great find (and thanks for the comic, i never seen.. I mean read it before).

Yeah it seems that The Lava moutains is the smallest set because it don't have any treasure... (Probably it will), but really another castle? But wait.. it's ok as long it will fit to Fortaan!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

How about this conversation between the Wizard and Goblin King on page 12.

Wizard: Where’s the real king?!

Goblin King: Ha ha ha, you won’t find him here…

Goblin King: I’ve already sent him back to my Master! But you’ll never make it past me!

Wizard: So you’re not really in charge, after all!

After battle-

Wiz: Let’s look for the relic and clues to find the king!

Has a bit of a LOTR feel to it, guessing the master will be in the next big castle game set.

I have studied most of the Heroica page, and if you look at the top of the map on the fortaan comic, there is a pair of evil eyes. Also, mentioned in the goblin kings profile, and the werewolves, is a place known as The Rift. I think The Rift could be an exclusive. (Can we dream of a fifty dollar mega set?) I also think that the tower and the gate symbolize two places: the tower is drandora, and the gate is the gates of elsruck. I think the relic of drandora is... a golden pitchfork? or trident?

PS Ganrash is how you go from draida to drandora, its curved, and if you think of it, it would work quite well!

Edited by krystalKING

I just wanted Lunar Command in the US :sadnew:

I managed to get that off Amazon, but I had to save up for it as it was still pretty expensive when I bought it. Haven't played it yet, been way too busy. I did contact LEGO about it, but they said that they tested it in Europe and it didn't sell well so they didn't bring it over. I told them that they tested it in the wrong market. The US is space crazy.

I also wish they would release the Holiday board game. It looks so cute! But I can't find enough info about it, like rules, to put a facsimile together myself.

Great find (and thanks for the comic, i never seen.. I mean read it before).

Yeah it seems that The Lava moutains is the smallest set because it don't have any treasure... (Probably it will), but really another castle? But wait.. it's ok as long it will fit to Fortaan!

Turns out that comic was on the lego website all along, as well as animated versions of each comic... :P

Looking at the pictures of Ilrion again there is some sort of lava/volcano thing so guess that would tie in with the first picture on the map and being the first set leaked. Though not really with the description of Ilrion on the lego website (farms)...

I managed to get that off Amazon, but I had to save up for it as it was still pretty expensive when I bought it. Haven't played it yet, been way too busy. I did contact LEGO about it, but they said that they tested it in Europe and it didn't sell well so they didn't bring it over. I told them that they tested it in the wrong market. The US is space crazy.

I also wish they would release the Holiday board game. It looks so cute! But I can't find enough info about it, like rules, to put a facsimile together myself.

wow that is terrible it looks like such a cool game, bad decision to go along with no Castle/Pirate advent calenders here. :cry3:

Brickset has also posted a review of the Star Wars 'Battle of Hoth' Board game, complete with 32 microfigs!!! Some great parts and clever microscale builds.

That is a lot! It's gonna cost a fortune over here... but you'd only want 1, with that many snowtroopers and rebels.

Brickset has also posted a review of the Star Wars 'Battle of Hoth' Board game, complete with 32 microfigs!!! Some great parts and clever microscale builds.

http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=2384

That is awesome!! I can't wait for it to come out here. Even if it's $40, I'll be happy to buy it. Sounds like a much better game than Champion, which I paid $35 for and should have waited to get it for $18... if even at all...

That is awesome!! I can't wait for it to come out here. Even if it's $40, I'll be happy to buy it. Sounds like a much better game than Champion, which I paid $35 for and should have waited to get it for $18... if even at all...

Is there any chance for Lego champion Review? Pretty Pleaaase?

Is there any chance for Lego champion Review? Pretty Pleaaase?

I'm afraid I don't have time nor do I have much to say about Champion, but here's the review my husband did of it.

I found the minigames very boring. The alternate games were a bit better than the normal ones, but I couldn't think of my own minigames to re-invent the game to make it fun. The only good parts in my mind are the female microfigures - the princess and female barbarian. I'm thinking of using those in Heroica.

For those of us hoping for some more boardgame news from London Toy Fair prepare to be disappointed! Seems like Maya Mystica and Heroica Ilrion are slated for an August release but not much else (apart from the chicken one, Hoth, Mini-taurus and City Alarm that seem to already be released).

Guess we can wait for photos from the upcoming toy fairs.