Oky

2012 LEGO Boardgames Rumours & Discussion

I already have Minotaurus, and although the mini version looks pretty good, I'll stick with the first one. I like the look of City Alarm, it looks quite interesting. Kokoriko still has me a bit intrigued as to what it is/how it works. Eggs? I like the pink "Mr Shmallow"ish tiles.

The Hoth one will be a hard game for me to skip (mostly just because it's SW)... but I'm hoping for some more Heroica next year too.

The faces printed on the pink pieces are disturbing. Is that supposed to signal when a chicken lays an egg?

I thought they were meant to represent pigs, but I could be wrong...

If someone needs watermarks less hi-res images of 3863,3864,3865

Hasn't seen them here, so here they are (clickable): SNIP

Thanks for those. I have updated the first post with pics and Euro prices.

Just noticed that on the box art there is an hourglass used to represent the typical time for a game - previously a clock face was used.

Since Ilrion is pretty much confirmed, I guess this means that Elsbuck, Seldaan and Barresh will be released too. The site also mentions a Phineas And Ferb game, and one called Maya Mystica. :sweet:

Phineas And Ferb game

Oh no.. :hmpf: How will they make the heads? How is the game even going to work?

-Sci

Well, it's a Lego Game, so they will probably be microfigs, and they can't change the heads on those. I guess they'll have to get creative with the printing.

As for the gameplay, maybe you have to go around the Tri-state Area to find Perry. :laugh: Perhaps you have to build small contraptions in order to proceed.

Should I consider this as promo sets of Boardgames?

Found in LEGO.com instructions.

30170 HEROICA Ganrash

30170.jpg

Indeed you should! Thanks for posting! :sweet: This seems to be the first real Games promo since that golden die, and look, it has trolls and golden daggers! :thumbup: This is a must-have, even for non-Heroica fans.

Added to first post.

30170 HEROICA Ganrash

30170.jpg

I can't seem to find that n the Lego instructions site, and when you put in a search fthe set no. it comes up as minifigure aviator goggles ..

I love Heroica and I can't wait for all the new expansions to come out. I was so excited when someone posted that there were 5 new locations on the map. I hope they all come out next year.

I'm still debating on whether to buy the carrying pack, but it seems too overpriced. Has anyone bought it? If so, what do you think of it. Is it worth it?

It does look to be a little discounted now. I'll have to see if it is the same price in stores. I may get it, but I'm so unhappy with how much Toys R us has been marking LEGO up lately. :angry:

Edited by SilvaShado

30170.jpg

Awwww. It's so cute! :grin_wub:

I'd buy that just for the daggers!

30170 HEROICA Ganrash

30170.jpg

I want that so bad.

I was a little dismayed when Mega Bloks got their Warcraft license, but Lego stifles them on all sides with LOTR and Heroica, and ready to ship a year earlier? That's my kind of surprise attack upstaging.

No, it does not, although it's certainly a possibility, but that's a discussion for another thread.

30170 HEROICA Ganrash

30170.jpg

Just saw the build instructions. Huzzah! I've rigged up a LDD version of the set, am I able to post it ? (since its not yet released I'm unsure)

Ilrion looks pretty sweet too, I wonder what the new heroes are?

Yeah it seems that we are getting two new heroes- In my opinion they are White mage and Cleric. I wonder- will we get new weapons for them? Also I wonder why Lego will not make a set like "plates and monstres" for heroica. They would sell like hotcakes!

Yeah it seems that we are getting two new heroes- In my opinion they are White mage and Cleric. I wonder- will we get new weapons for them? Also I wonder why Lego will not make a set like "plates and monstres" for heroica. They would sell like hotcakes!

I was seeing these as like evil icy elves (think lewis' white witch) or at least fickle cruel selfish ally types.

In any case it doesn't match heroica.lego.com's description or picture at all: described as a trading post and depicted as a graveyard? something like that. And lawd knows I'd love undeds. I'm watching the ninjago game closely for sales so I can get skellies and ninjas for heroica. But on Ilrion's current incarnation, I need to see higher res cause I don't know if I'm too keen on it, but at least it seems like it will have a spike in unique gameplay elements. Wish I had a full board of the Ganrash.

The star wars game seems to have Tauntauns with double barrel gun arms :grin:

I'm watching the ninjago game closely for sales so I can get skellies and ninjas for heroica.

I was thinking about this too, do you have any ideas for abbilities/ weapons ? PM me ;]

For me it looks like Fire & Water temple (otice water drops logo near name) . And the big bat is a boss! A boss in heroica, that is something new!

I can't seem to find that n the Lego instructions site, and when you put in a search fthe set no. it comes up as minifigure aviator goggles ..

You can access the instruction directly by adding the 7 digit instruction document number (e.g. 6004826 for the Heroica Ganrash set) to the LEGO Instruction Cache URL. The complete path for this set is: 'cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6004826.pdf' (sorry, can't insert working URL links yet).

Problem is, that you must know the building instruction ID and there seems to be no correspondence between the set number and the BI ID.

I use the skeletons as monsters in the castle, and have used a ninja as a hero. I gave him an ability of +2 spaces when rolling shield. (So 6 spaces normally, 7 spaces with a torch) He has an advantage over other melee heroes but ranger is still by far the most advantaged.

Here are my observations on ilrion: on the top there are five symbols, Ilrion is in the middle, this could mean that there are two larger sets, or that Ilrion is simply the third one, the two larger set theory is reinforced because it is the twenty dollar box size.

MICROFIGURES

The player limit says 3, with two of the heroes being that white mage, and a UNCONFIRMED orange player, the cleric is the last one, and the enemies appear to be sand green. There is a dark-metallic goblin general-styled figure on the side of the box. The cleric appears to be cursing at the boss, a one eyed bat, close to the bats lair is another bat. AND on the heroica Ilrion page, there is a bat statue. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

ENVIRONMENT

The board is blue and dark-grey, with a broken bridge,dungeon, waterfall, and boss chamber. There is various wheels hinting that they probably have plumbing to control the fields, and that the hostiles overloaded them. A glowing yellow thing can be seen near the dice, which appears to have changed. There also appears to be some sort of obstacle.

CONCLUSION

Ilrion seems like a solid add-on to the original four sets, new enemies, a possible boss, and a smorgasbord of new and valuable parts.