Right. Fine. Whatever and who cares. Dino 2012 seems to be the running name as Dino 2010 was the first of its kind, unlike such themes as Spies, Adventure, Underground and Underwater there wasn't a precedent. After all, Pharaoh's Quest is an Adventure theme and it's discussion first came up in a Continuation of the Adventure theme. There have been many underwater things.

MightyMegs, please note the " :grin: " its a joke, the smiley indicates humour. Politics isn't for the forums but international interaction through humour is.

As far as we know, it could be simply a new adventure for Jake and the gang, or their friends or their family. It could be the Dino crew from before or a whole new team. The focus of the sets could be wildly different to before or exactly the same. Until promotional material surfaces, Dino 2012 is fine as the theme is about Dinosaurs and it comes out in 2012 (Heck, it could just be called "Dino").

MightyMegs, please note the " :grin: " its a joke, the smiley indicates humour. Politics isn't for the forums but international interaction through humour is.

Sorry for being off topic, but if I made fun or stated some "humor" of a certain race or people and added :grin: at the end, it's ok? No, the mods would jump on me. International humor is NOT saying a joke or something bad against another country, for it is international. Vexorian, if you feel MightyMegs post was uncalled for, then what justifies Peppermint's post? A " :grin: "? Kids may be rugrats, but they don't know any better, I bet everyone, even you, were shooting the LEGO space lasers, or have superheroes beat up badguys as a kid, so we were all the same.

Back on topic. I don't think it will be Pharaoh's Quest characters. Why? They had guns and the blog said it would be traps, like Dino 2010. And I hardly think they old Attack team will comeback because Agents came after Alpha Team and they weren't the same names. (I think, didn't look much into the line) So I believe it will be a complete new theme which means, new pieces, new vehicle, and new characters.

Oh I hope this is true... I want some raptors...

Wait, what? I hear brontosaurus is really called apatosaurus, but scientists put the wrong head on the wrong body so apatasaurus also doesn't exist. Oh well, what do I know? :wacko:

Somewhat. Brontosaurus was actually made of like 5 different sets of bones I think. I don't remember the names of the other animals it was made from, but apatasaurus was one of them.

Well one thing is for sure they will probably have a large mobil command center as kids eat those large vehicles up. Maybe a air vehicle of some sort a ultralight would be nice but it will probably be a large aircraft of some sort.

Sorry for speculation this theme just sound to good.

I like the trap idea I was pretty sad to see the rest of the world got Dino 2010 and we in the U.S got Dino Attack those cages looked so cool as a kid.

I also hope we get brick built dinosaurs may the could have a collect all to make a supper creature or collect a few to make others not in the sets.

If it is Jurassic Park styled sets, I hope that not All of the sets include Dinosaurs getting killed or attacked :hmpf:

It be nice to have some herbivores acting peacefully and not being put into cages and killed :tongue:

Of course the odd T-Rex set would be a necessity and I a must buy for me! :laugh:

Oh boy! This is great! I missed out on the Dino Attack/2010 sets, I was too busy with Exo-Force at the time, so this is a great idea. When they say "traps", I definitely envision Dino Island with a Pharaoh's Quest feel. I'm sure there will be guns, and the like, for example the rifles used in PQ. I'm not expecting over the top lasers and bazookas like Dino Attack. If it was going that route, more Dino 2010. I would love that helicopter though :wub:

My personal view, I'd like a more action, military Dino theme, like bringing back Dino Attack. I thought it was an out of the box move for TLG, seeing their policy against violence and such. So maybe here we'll see that break away, but I'm sure I'm wrong.

I see these with vehicles very close to the Dino Attack/2010 theme, or a mix between those and Dino Island. And I'm sure we'll have a base of operations this time around. I just hope we don't have ugly dinosaurs like the ones we had in Jurassic Park :sick: I liked the DA/2010 ones as they were closer to scale, although the colors were bleh, except for the blue-black raptor. I want a stegosaurus this time around again, though. I have one, and I would love to have an army of them for no reason but to say I do :tongue:

Violent? Bloodthirsty? Yeah, because violence, riots and looting never happen in the UK...

This kind of comment is especially rude, please refrain from insulting Staff and dredging up current news stories shows an insensitive side Megs, please tone it down, or face more time interacting with staff.

Honestly, I kind of hope that this theme doesn't replace/continue Pharaoh's Quest, because I'd much rather see something more akin to Orient Expedition for that theme's second wave (assuming there is one). Besides, the "main" protagonists for Pharaoh's Quest weren't all that interesting - it's the mummies that stand out. For this theme I'd much rather see a less <insert that tiresome argument>, less violent interpretation of Dino Attack, complete with awesome post-apoc minifigures.

Either way though, this theme definitely has potential!

Is there any confirmation that this is related to Pharoah's Quest? Or is this all just speculation based on somebody's "I hope..." comment?

I think it would be pretty cool if it is a PQ continuation. That would work very nicely with the pulp-fiction vibe of the PQ team. It would also probably give us a nice jungle setting, since dinosaurs are OBVIOUSLY!!! :sarcasm_smug: jungle-based. I'd much rather see a retro-sci-fi "Lost World" story with dinosaurs than a modern Jurassic Park version. With the retro love TLG are showing in the Alien Conquest theme, I think it's a possibility.

On the other hand, the PQ monsters were all heavily stylized brick-built critters, and this rumor is saying that the upcoming dinos are all molded. So that doesn't sound like it fits with a PQ sequel.

If it is Jurassic Park styled sets, I hope that not All of the sets include Dinosaurs getting killed or attacked :hmpf:

It be nice to have some herbivores acting peacefully and not being put into cages and killed :tongue:

Of course the odd T-Rex set would be a necessity and I a must buy for me! :laugh:

And perhaps one with a carnivore eating someone :devil: I suppose LEGO probably wouldn't go for that though...

This kind of comment is especially rude, please refrain from insulting Staff and dredging up current news stories shows an insensitive side Megs, please tone it down, or face more time interacting with staff.

That's the exact reaction I had to having American children referred to as 'violet and bloodthirsty rugrats'. And if American-bashing is tolerated, while pointing out hypocrisy isn't, then this isn't the welcoming and friendly site I thought it was.

Oh, now that it's mentioned, this is indeed actually a lot more likely to be a Pharaoh's Quest continuation. Hey, I'm just hoping they keep following Johnny Thunder's stories. Desert and Dino, so Jungle should be next. :thumbup:

Oh, now that it's mentioned, this is indeed actually a lot more likely to be a Pharaoh's Quest continuation. Hey, I'm just hoping they keep following Johnny Thunder's stories. Desert and Dino, so Jungle should be next. :thumbup:

Wouldn't Jungle have happened already? Or am I misinformed? If this is a continuation of PQ, I hope it doesn't have the "kiddiness" that adventurers had. I personally like the hard-core, PG-13, adventure. Though the kiddiness was fine and I loved adventurers, I hope it's more like PQ.

I can't make the connection between Pharoahs Quest and Dino 2012. I know Adventurers did a Dino series but why would the Quest team also do one?

It's this whole trapping and capturing Dinosaurs thing that bothers me. Jake Raines and company are treasure hunters not trappers and hunters. I could see an adventure into a lost world inhabited by Dinosaurs to seek some rare relics but I'm not getting how or why they'd want to cage Dinosaurs. I suppose the Dinosaurs themselves could be the rare relics but that seems a little weak as a story.

Are there any Dinosaur movies or TV shows due to air in 2012 that might tie in with this?

Are there any Dinosaur movies or TV shows due to air in 2012 that might tie in with this?

In fact, there is. Tera Nova, and I believe Jurassic Park 4 is coming out.

That's the exact reaction I had to having American children referred to as 'violet and bloodthirsty rugrats'. And if American-bashing is tolerated, while pointing out hypocrisy isn't, then this isn't the welcoming and friendly site I thought it was.

I can see where you're coming from, but you must understand the difference between passive American stereotyping (annoying as it is) and referencing ongoing tragic events that very well could have affected some people here. I am also American and I would not describe myself as a bloodthirsty rugrat, yet I don't really think your comment was warranted.

That's just my two cents... back to the subject at hand, I would rather see Jake Raines go to India or the Jungle than some quasi-sci-fi dino island, but if this means more Pharaoh's Quest then I won't complain. :thumbup:

This does sound pretty promising. Dino was in my dark age, but I would've passed on them regardless. But, there's been many advances in Lego design since then, so I have hope for this.

Just a side note, that was a bit much Pep. I think adding said smiley face would've been better suited after that comment, instead of the bottom of your post. I have, however, read many a posts by you, and have never heard an I'll word leave your fingers, so I know that was a bit abnormal from you. But, I have to agree a bit with Megs, that adding a smiley doesn't make the statement any less hurtful to some. I'm a very proud American, and I'm aware that we are frowned upon by a lot of other countries. But, to stereotype a country and her people would have any non staff member here taking a break. Just saying.

Edited by Legocrazy81

In fact, there is. Tera Nova, and I believe Jurassic Park 4 is coming out.

Oh yeah, both Spielberg projects I notice. Hmmm. Spielberg and Lego have a good relationship and I believe he's a fan of Lego however IMDB.com says JP4 is only in early development stages and due out some time in the next '2-3 years'. Is this Dino 2012 theme to help whet people's appetites for JP4 I wonder. It's been ten years since JP3 so Spielberg will need a lot of hype to get people to go see a third sequel.

Ha, I'm clutching at straws. I give up. I'm just going to wait until leaked catalogue scans show up.

I really don't know about this theme. The "moulded dinosaurs" bit is putting me off, i think. :sceptic: Now if they are going to be brick built like the Ninjago dragons, i'd be much more enthusiastic. One thing's for sure, they are going to have to be pretty awesome sets to match what the PQ line has given us this year!

The general idea sounds really prommising, more or less a combination between the over-violent Dino Attack/2010 and the more peacefull Dino Island themes. Like others, I need to wait for pics, because I really hope the dino's look much more Lego like than their previous incarnations (Dino attack/2010 ones)

Right, ok, poor choice of words. Still focus groups did result in Dino 2010 for the rest of the world and Dino Attack for the US. It sadly does seem to show the trend of more violent and agressive toys becoming much more popular, never before that was it quite so overt.

Anyway, everything is speculation for now. I might even need to re-title it after confirmed news comes out.

A new dinosaur-based theme is the best news I've heard all week. I wonder what the dinos will look like though...

I hope they're at least semi realistic, resembling actual dinosaurs rather than the mutant monstrosities from Dino Attack/2010. TLC's earlier attempts were only so-so; the dino island saurians were well molded but way too small, and the 2001 transforming dinos were just weird looking.

I hope they get it right this time!

Was this a reaction to my comment or anything?

No, it was a statement of my own from earlier posts.