The Undo

In My Kingdom Cold... Part 2

1.jpg

Hi everybody. I present to you my second big creation; a medieval village that complements the castle Cold in the style and in details that it holds.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Here is the lxf file:

Village Cold lxf

Notes:

*File has 13000 bricks so some people might have problem opening it.

*All the buildings have interiors and are built in parts, so the interiors can be seen by clicking on a roof with "connected selection tool" and then moving the roof. Same is possible with the upper floor too se the interior in the lower floor. Example picture:

village_modules.jpg

Thats it. I hope people will like it as i am very satisfied with the way village turned out. :classic:

Edited by omerai

Again an impressive build and don't want to imagine how long it took you to complete that. The design really works well with your castle, and just like that it looks like a brick-built MOC if you only look at the picture in your sig.

Having all the buildings in a similar style and a reduced palette of colour works really well, as it shows that the village or small town at the coast isn't too rich and most of the people can't afford fancy ornaments. The same goes for the little church, which looks quite cute and fits well into the scenery.

Great work once again and I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next :thumbup:

Thank you for your reply Abu Dun. I'm now thinking of merging those two creations when i get a new computer. I'll need to do some more landscaping. I also had in mind, for some time now, to do a little restauration on the castle. Nothing big, just to tile up some studs, and wrap up interiors a little because some parts in the palace look rough and unfinished.

EDIT:

I've already started with the adaptation of my castle. I've tiled up walls, towers and the palace, crown of the walls has now 2x2 instead 1x2 bricks, which added up a volume, so now the whole creation looks much better. I've also changed some minor details. This "tiling" job added 1000+ bricks to the castle, but it's far from over. I intend to make a small landscape around the castle, i'll also need to work on those dark gray rocks, and adapt the interior of the palace, and for all this i'll probably need to wait till i get a new machine but i'll try to pull off what i can with the current comp i have.

Here's a pic of the castle with tiles:

castle_cold_restauration_wip.jpg

Edited by omerai

wow just a wow on the fact that its huge ...

and very good looking :)

Bart

woooooooow I am a little sad that this big and fantastic creation can't be played with :)

...so much time,so much creativity, and no play... Lego should send you all the bricks you need to make this, it would be a good marketing move ;)

I've added some more pov-ray pictures of the village in the first post.

I also wanted to show something new that i'm working on. A Kingdom Cold northern outpost.

Here are few pictures of the work so far:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Gatehouse:

gatehouse1.jpg

gatehouse2.jpg

Hope you like it. :classic:

The additional pictures from the village are great and really allow to sink into that creation even more :thumbup:

Your outpost looks good so far. Is it just me or does it appear to cover an even larger area than the castle? *huh*

Edited by Abu Dun

Thanks for commenting guys.

@ Abu: No, no :classic: , i've just put the sections on some distance from each other while building, but the outpost will be half the size of the castle.