Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

[MOC] Do It Again

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

6029783558_a2dcf4868a_z.jpg

6029228993_c868bd2bd2.jpg

flickr   |   Brickshelf

Hello,

I'm a big fan of The Chemical Brothers and so I came up with the idea of building a MOC of their live stage.

One of their visual effects at concerts is a huge LED screen, and I built it using transparent red and blue bricks lit from behind.

Here's a video of their performance of the song "Do It Again":

With best regards,

Stefan

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice creation :thumbup:

I have never heard of the chemical brothers, though :sad:

Edited by sputnik16

This probably ought to be in Special Themes, where we have an index for music-related stuff. Moving....

Superb - love it !

Also kudos for attempting something a bit different to the usual procession of modular buildings....some top creativity there.

And as for sputnik16 who's never heard of the Chemical Brothers, I assume that's because you are true to your username and have spent the last 50 years in space....

:-)

Yeah, another music related MOC. Keep them coming, we are going to start a new sub-theme!

The build is awesome and the concert looks cool too, you already saw them live?

Just one question, have you considered using a flashlight or another type of focused lighting source to light the front of the stage?

The red/blue lighting effects are really great but it's a shame that the front of the stage is so dark as we can hardly see the (very nice) details.

And as for sputnik16 who's never heard of the Chemical Brothers, I assume that's because you are true to your username and have spent the last 50 years in space....

:laugh:

Nice build, I really like this stage! The amount of details in the gear is great!

The 'guys' in the back remind me of Chemical Brothers performance on Glastonbury 2011, which I saw on BBC. The visuals were crazy. You might check that on YouTube if you didn't saw it already.

That's awesome, I've seen that video, or at least I think I have.

I like the lighting work. I recently stocked up on some clear and trans pieces, maybe I can go techno one day.

Thank you all!

@ sputnik16: They're one of the big and most influental bands when it comes to electronic music. You most likely heard at least the song Galvanize (

)

@ Yatkuu: By front of the stage, do you mean the stage with the music equipment? I wanted it to be dark, since the stage is dark. That's why I included the additional pic. If you mean the very front of the picture, there are just some minifigs as an audience.

@ kciR: I've seen some videos of their songs at Glastonbury, but not Do It Again. I thought it wasn't included in the BBC coverage?

Edited by Stefan

@ Yatkuu: By front of the stage, do you mean the stage with the music equipment? I wanted it to be dark, since the stage is dark. That's why I included the additional pic. If you mean the very front of the picture, there are just some minifigs as an audience.

I meant the part with the music equipment, I understand that you want to be true to the original (and you totally are) but I just thought that focusing a light on that part would not spoil the red/blue effect and reveal a bit more of your creation.

@ kciR: I've seen some videos of their songs at Glastonbury, but not Do It Again. I thought it wasn't included in the BBC coverage?

Sorry, you're right. I messed up with Hey Boy, Hey Girl, which also uses visuals of people dancing.

I did found a Do It Again video of Glastonbury '07. This is the video, but you probably have seen it to make this MOC, thumps up :thumbup:

Sorry for this offtopic talk :blush:

I meant the part with the music equipment, I understand that you want to be true to the original (and you totally are) but I just thought that focusing a light on that part would not spoil the red/blue effect and reveal a bit more of your creation.

I took more than 50 photos with different ambient light brightness and exposure settings of the camera until I was happy with the picture.

It might have worked with a dimmable spot directed at the stage, but I had none at home.

Sorry, you're right. I messed up with Hey Boy, Hey Girl, which also uses visuals of people dancing.

I did found a Do It Again video of Glastonbury '07. This is the video, but you probably have seen it to make this MOC, thumps up :thumbup:

Sorry for this offtopic talk :blush:

Of course, the Hey Boy, Hey Girl visuals are also nice :classic:

In the flickr page about my MOC, I included a link to another video of a Do It Again performance:

Edited by Stefan

I've edited your post to fix the picture size, which was in breach of site guidelines.

This is quite a feat - the lighting of the figures is impressive, and the detail of the instruments is amazing :wub: Nicely done! And it's now in the Index.

Awesome stage MOC 'Stefan'. I really like the lighting effect and great job on all the details on the stage and equipment. Keep up the great work default_classic.gif