Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

SET REVIEW: 4193 The London Escape

On a scale of 1 to 5   

55 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

I think this one of the best of the POTC sets. Although the tavern is only a facade it still looks very nice from the outside. I wish the tavern was more fleshed out and had a proper interior but working within the confines of the price point I guess sacrifices had to be made. The carriages are also well done, whilst there is a good variety of mini-figures. What I like most about this set is just how it can be integrated with classic pirates or even castle with relative ease. My second favorite POTC set, just behind the QAR.

I'm really unclear as to why anyone cares about gold bars or coins with this set since they have nothing to do with the presented theme.

Thanks for the great review Whitefang.

I admit this is probably my least favorite of the PotC sets. It has some great minifigs, and the carts are sort of interesting. But honestly the barely 1/3 of a building is ultimately just awful. (the style and signage is great to go in with the MMV, but one of the first things you will notice is that the 4193 building, besides being incomplete, is grossly under scale. Particularly the second floor. It's a good starting point on a tavern, but needs some work to fit in with the others.)

If you can get the set at a good discount it is well worth it for figs, parts, horses and carriages and a good starting point for a tavern. But at the normal list price... bleah!

I too think that this is actually the best set in the POTC series by Lego.

Unlike other sets it has this kind of classic feel, basic idea is really nice and the whole set seems very playble. I can figure lots of posibilities for playing with these toys just after one look on the box. We have wagons, horses, nice variety of figures, weapons and an addition of a house too, with some interesting equipment inside... a very grayish house but still...

Would be very good source of build if it wasn'y so expensive :sweet:

Edited by Mazin