Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackpyre

MOC and Mod Smokehouse and POTC The Mill

6 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

Ever since the contest that just ended went up, I've been wanting to motorize The Mill. So I did it, but realized I had no room to put the batter pack and IR reciever without rebuilding everything. That's why I included a second building,The Smokehouse.

Now Pirates and POTC characters can dry meat for their long voyages and thave a nice place to hide their LEGO Power Functions technology which does not fit their time period. ;)

Here's the link to it on Flickr.

Hope you all enjoy.

Nice, I've been thinking about adding powerfunctions to a pirateship :P

Hey a motorized pirate ship would be awsome. Especially if you could get it on tracks to move around. The only problem I saw with the idea was the fact that ships are rather top heavy. Perhaps if you connect enough wheel bases below it would be stable.

I did find that you can place blue tiles on the plastic straight sections of track without any problems with a train. It would be one way to hide the track without having to paint it. Sorry, I'm a purist, but I have an open mind.

Oh and I'm happy someone liked the smokehouse. Our LUG will have a big Western theme which will transition into pirates. Therefore, I needed certain types of buildings that worked well without offending the eyes. One of the things I really like about it is that the roof is built on a 16 x 16 green baseplate. This makes it increadibly easy to handle. It was also a perfect choice to hide stuff in since it calls for solid walls. I'm only sad that I don't have any room to detail the inside.

Normally, I'd build a completely new MOC for something like the water wheel. I'd add gears to slow down the rotation more and probably end up with a larger design. But our LUG has a lot of kids come by when we display and we like to have a variety of sets that they may recognize. The Mill was my attempt to give those who come by a little of both.

Will

A pirate ship moving around is still far away, I was thinking of using the PF for opening cannonhatches, extracting cannons and the like :pir_laugh2:

All I need is an effective construction for the hatches, so you can't see from the outside.

Good idea! I love how fast it goes; it would be tough to stay on that version. It looks like it belongs in a POTC amusement park. :pir-grin:

I'll just move this to the MOCs forum.