Hinckley

10222 Winter Village Post Office

Official Release from TLG:

10222 Winter Village Post Office

Ages 12+. 820 pieces.

US $59.99 CA $79.99 DE 59.99 € UK 49.99 £

Continuing the winter scene series, the Winter Village Post Office is the perfect snow-covered setting. In the cozy post office, the worker is hard at work sorting all the mail into containers and sacks, while upstairs, there's just time for the postman to take a break before setting off in the traditional post car with all the letters and gifts. From the pavilion outside, musicians fill the air with music, while children take in the wintry atmosphere by the park bench before throwing snowballs at each other - the musicians had better get ready to duck!

• Includes 7 minifigures: female post office worker, male postman, female, 2 kids and 2 musicians and a dog!
  • Post office features dark-green split roof with snow, fireplace, light brick, table, coffee mug, and lamppost and mailboxes outside!
  • Also features evergreen tree and assorted minifigure accessories

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning October 2011 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

Click any picture for high res image

post-486-131259336548.jpg

post-486-131259337687.jpg

post-486-131259338545.jpg

post-486-131259339308.jpg

post-486-131259340233.jpg

post-486-131259341203.jpg

post-486-131259342073.jpg

post-486-131259342893.jpg

post-486-131259344213.jpg

post-486-131259345033.jpg

post-486-131259345992.jpg

post-486-131259346992.jpg

post-486-131259347901.jpg

post-486-131259348751.jpg

post-486-131259349629.jpg

post-486-131259354141.jpg

post-486-131259354974.jpg

post-486-131259355742.jpg

And a youtube video: (will be made public on 2011.08.05, some time after 23:59 GMT)

DSC08883es.jpg

284484_1466446679373_1779744461_694401_5810714_n.jpg

283154_1466446599371_1779744461_694400_565907_n.jpg

284324_1466446479368_1779744461_694399_7925064_n.jpg

263304_1466446399366_1779744461_694398_128968_n.jpg

Edited by Siegfried
More images!

Thanks for the huge images, I'm really liking this set. I hope the banjo tile is printed not stickered! Not sure if I like the sax yet but time will tell. The truck is my favorite part of this set so far, the little scenes they set up in the photos are excellent too.

Need to re-release the train for us latecomers :laugh:

I was a fan when the first grainy photo leaked, but now that I have seen it in hi-res glory my excitement has shot up ten-fold! The color scheme is wonderful (love all the reddish brown windows) and I have definitely warmed up to the truck. I don't really get why that minifig has a green hood but a gray shirt though - can't be too picky I suppose. :laugh:

Thanks for the great pictures, Hinckley! It really doesn't stand out like the last two for me but there are some special parts I really want. I'll be picking this up soon.

Ahh this is one lovely set, I want it for Christmas. It isn't an exclusive, is it? Hope not.

My LEGO set wants are growing and growing by the years. Right now I have so many wants! I remember back in the 2006-2007 when I just had a want list of like 1-2 "fine" sets per year. Now it's like 8+ "Super" sets per year :grin: !

Good job TLG!

Edited by Otherworld

Oh gosh, it makes me so sad that these winter sets don't arrive here. I would have purchased all three of them and replaced my outdated Christmas decoration with them. They are so sweet. It is a great streak for LEGO as the three of them are gorgeous.

Wow. The roof is so much better looking in a "roof" color with white tiles as snow covered patches. The solid white roofs always looked slightly off. I am going to have to MOD the Toy Shop and Bakery to black roofs with white snow patches. (dark brown or dark blue would look good too but I doubt I have the parts to pull that off.) I like the use of trans-blue flames as icicles. (would have looked better trans-clear but trans-blue is better than not having that detail at all.) The lamp post is really cool, but a little too short for that specific design. I still think the Toy Shop lamp post is the best. Its too bad the bubble domes are so hard to come by in quantity to make a proper row of lamp posts along the street. Overall, I think this is now the best looking winter building straight out of the box.

Is this the first set with the Black Lamp Post part? I can't recall ever seeing it before..

Yes, this is the first time and I am very excited about that piece.

I'm quite impressed with the post truck! It looks just like the real thing! I wonder what's up with the back of the seat having a hole in it? Is it a technique used to hold the snowshoes or something else? default_look.gif

Can anyone identify what piece is being used to join the 2 yellow taps together in the Saxophone?

My guess is that its a 1x1 plate with light clip and the 1x1 plate part is hidden from view.

As for the banjo, I am 99% sure its a sticker like everything else in this set. LEGO doesn't make new printed parts for sets like this as a general rule (exceptions like minifig heads do exist though)

Can anyone identify what piece is being used to join the 2 yellow taps together in the Saxophone?

My guess is that its a 1x1 plate with light clip and the 1x1 plate part is hidden from view.

As for the banjo, I am 99% sure its a sticker like everything else in this set. LEGO doesn't make new printed parts for sets like this as a general rule (exceptions like minifig heads do exist though)

I would imagine that is a lampholder. As for the banjo, it probably is a sticker. However, they are decorating more elements than just minifigs. A lot of the recent Cars stuff uses all printed elements. Even some of the packages and letters in this set are decorated tiles...

The black lamp post and the light blue torso with scarf are the only parts of this set I'm interested in. I'll admit that this is the best in the Winter village series so far but None of them have really grabbed me.

I'm looking forward to this set, it will make a wonderful addition for my Christmas display...

The Cars parts were probably printed because they are curved at various wierd angles and hence stickering would have been hard and also possibly a business decision like the Toy Story 3 sets to make the parts printed for that theme rather than stickered.

As for the letters, they are printed because LEGO has printed that part for so long (and uses it in so many sets) that they can get away with printing it rather than stickering it. (i.e. they will be able to make and use enough that its justified)

820 pieces, $60, and pure holiday awesomeness, sign me up! :thumbup: But in all honesty the parts are whats mostly to die for. :wub:

I'm really impressed, this set is really well-designed. The post-office is excellent, as well as the postman car. The price do not seem very expensive. Good job to the Lego Group :thumbup:

I really have to start thinking of another spot to put my winter Lego sets. The place in the holiday season where I always placed them is getting way to small :laugh:

As always, I remain baffled by the pricing difference between the US and Canada, but I am gonna get this set with no further questions.

I love this set, but I was disappointed to find out that the sax didn't have a yellow PotC bottle.

EDIT: I love it so much I had a typo! :laugh:

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

My first thought when I saw this was this could be used as the owl post office in hogsmeade! I might get it for that! But other than that I really like this set :thumbup:

I have loved the entire Winter Village theme ever since it first came out and always look forward to the release of the next set and this one doesn't disappoint. My only complaint are two (and others have echoed these setiments): the green hood on the kid and having a greyish torso, just doen't match or look good at all and I think its more because of the design of the green hood and how it stands out against the body. And second the saxaphone, with the release of the collectible minifigs, LEGO has designed a lot of special elements/pieces for the figures, are you telling me they could'nt figure out a way to design a one piece mold sax and then re-use in the collectible minifig series or vice versa. I really can't wait to get my hand on this and build it with my son and set-up it up on our Christmas shelf with the other buildings.