ACPin

Tatooine Sand Dunes

I agree with everything said so far, but want to add that what I like the most is the lighting and the way the backdrop fits so well. Even if it's photoshopped, it doesn't matter, it just really works. Great job, ACPin!

Another great MOC AC! :thumbup: Even for such a barren desert setting you were still able to 'put life' into the build with the interesting use of those slope pieces for some much-needed surface variation on these sand dunes. And of course, the escape pod is fantastic and probably something that TLG should get inspiration from for next year's Droid Escape set (though at this stage their version would've probably been finalized).

That's exactly why I chose to put those slopes to good use though I ran out of them and had to resort to a little bit more trickery for the foreground dune. :grin:

I agree with everything said so far, but want to add that what I like the most is the lighting and the way the backdrop fits so well. Even if it's photoshopped, it doesn't matter, it just really works. Great job, ACPin!

The background is a poster with clouds that I've used a number of times on other MOCs. You'll see it clearly on the other pics provided. It was a bit of a pain to get the right shot without the lights reflecting too much but so worth it.

That's pretty cool ACPin! :thumbup: I really like the way you did the sandunes and the escape pod.

Not much choice but to get creative as there's only those two you mentioned in the scene apart from the droids! :laugh:

AC

PS. Btw, there's still another scene coming up in a day or two. :wink:

I just looked through your entire website. I'm impressed to say the least! What an amazing collection of works.

Is there a "Bio" or "About me" part of your website? I looked but couldn't find one. I think it would be a nice thing to add -- tell a little about yourself and how you came to making such massive dioramas and how you collect so many bricks.

Thanks for the post. The effects in the sand look very nice.

The size of your MOC's always amaze me. You could have done this with a handful of tan bricks, but not you, you go that extra mile, and then 10 more extra miles.

Awesome.

Man that ecape pod is like 100 times better then TLG version, great work again :thumbup:

:sweet:

I just looked through your entire website. I'm impressed to say the least! What an amazing collection of works.

Is there a "Bio" or "About me" part of your website? I looked but couldn't find one. I think it would be a nice thing to add -- tell a little about yourself and how you came to making such massive dioramas and how you collect so many bricks.

Thanks for the post. The effects in the sand look very nice.

Hopefully you didn't get lost along the way. Sorry, it was intentional that there's no "About me" on my site as after all viewers are more interested in the works rather than the person. :wink:

The size of your MOC's always amaze me. You could have done this with a handful of tan bricks, but not you, you go that extra mile, and then 10 more extra miles.

Awesome.

Haven't heard from you in awhile and this is really just a quarter of my previous non-SW MOC. The second scene would show why it needed to be larger than usual. Plus I kinda got carried away with the dunes, only wish I had more slopes and it could have been twice bigger! :laugh:

AC

Hopefully you didn't get lost along the way. Sorry, it was intentional that there's no "About me" on my site as after all viewers are more interested in the works rather than the person. :wink:

I must be some kind of freak of nature then. Sorry to intrude.

You're probably a newbie, so just go back and click on the pic to see more details. :wink:

AC

Ah, now I see, thanks. :laugh:

And yup, that escape pod is indeed a hundred times better than TLG's one.

I must be some kind of freak of nature then. Sorry to intrude.

No need to apologize.

Ah, now I see, thanks. :laugh:

And yup, that escape pod is indeed a hundred times better than TLG's one.

Not a problem and come back anytime. :grin:

Phuckin Awesome!

:laugh:

AC

PS. Second scene done.

:wub_drool: You have too many dewbacks. :tongue: It's looking terrific. Love the use of the inverted tan slops in the upside-down dune.

Like I said on Flickr, it's nice to see this finished! The sand dune "ripples" are nicely reproduced with those slope pieces. And, my, that's a nice collection of dewbacks you have. :grin:

That is some badassery right there! Great details.

On complaint, though... Your cloud poster is upside down. ;-)

Wow, that escape pod looks great! The sand dunes are huge, and the pieces work well for the effect. Great work! :classic:

You have my respect , king of the community build ..... This is as awesome as it is big !

You have too many dewbacks

I hate to say it, but Brickdoctor is right.... :look:

Seriously, though. It looks fantastic.

With the way that escape pod is being praised, maybe we can all just hope that ACPin got his hand on the new "Droid Escape." :drool:

With the way that escape pod is being praised, maybe we can all just hope that ACPin got his hand on the new "Droid Escape." :drool:

It's MOCs like this that explain why many AFOLs would be dissatisfied with sets... I'm building an X-wing in LDD and the wings alone are around 400 pieces.

:wub_drool: You have too many dewbacks. :tongue: It's looking terrific. Love the use of the inverted tan slops in the upside-down dune.

That's only half of the herd and since I've ran out of the other slopes, had to resort to some trickery for the foreground sand dune! :grin:

Like I said on Flickr, it's nice to see this finished! The sand dune "ripples" are nicely reproduced with those slope pieces. And, my, that's a nice collection of dewbacks you have. :grin:

That's the look I was going for with the slopes, only wish I had more! :laugh:

That is some badassery right there! Great details.

On complaint, though... Your cloud poster is upside down. ;-)

Hey, Tatooine had two suns so why not inverted clouds? Btw, that was done on purpose just to find out who's paying attention! :tongue:

Wow, that escape pod looks great! The sand dunes are huge, and the pieces work well for the effect. Great work! :classic:

:sweet:

You have my respect , king of the community build ..... This is as awesome as it is big !

Could have been even bigger! *oh2*

I hate to say it, but Brickdoctor is right.... :look:

Seriously, though. It looks fantastic.

Or maybe had the designs on it? *huh* Jk.

It's MOCs like this that explain why many AFOLs would be dissatisfied with sets... I'm building an X-wing in LDD and the wings alone are around 400 pieces.

Don't know if it's common knowledge that I don't own a lot of the new sets. Would probably buy one if I could use it in a diorama or a bunch when they go on sale for parts! :grin:

AC

:classic: :classic: :classic: Love it. This is one of my favourite scenes and you've done a really good job, the escape pod looks really good, and the photo with the dewback in the back ground with the sandtrooper mounted on it is excellent. Good stuff :classic:

Hey, Tatooine had two suns so why not inverted clouds? Btw, that was done on purpose just to find out who's paying attention! :tongue:

Fair 'nuff! ;-)

:classic: :classic: :classic: Love it. This is one of my favourite scenes and you've done a really good job, the escape pod looks really good, and the photo with the dewback in the back ground with the sandtrooper mounted on it is excellent. Good stuff :classic:

After building the dunes and the pod, the last ingredient critical to the MOC is the posing of the minifigs. I've used a lot of reference pics and tried to incorporate the most iconic scenes that I know will be instantly recognized.

Fair 'nuff! ;-)

Be proud you're the only one who spotted it! :grin:

AC

This is an outstanding MOC!

I'm very impressed and a bit jelous too!

Wonderful work!

What are you jealous about? :devil:

AC

All your layering is incredible. You have one of the best eyes for creating depth and detail on landscaping. Great work.