ACPin

Tatooine Sand Dunes

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Posted August 15, 2011:

Second scene: Look sir, droids!

6047444223_4c50022fa9_z.jpg

Posted August 10, 2011:

First scene: The two lost droids emerge from the ejected escape pod that landed on Tatooine's sand dunes.

6031150586_72d7a5d4b8_z.jpg

Posted August 8, 2011

Test shot for the sandtrooper patrol, just need to build the other half of the sand dunes on the left side.

6020303501_f0c3ab04ef_z.jpg

Posted August 05, 2011:

Just a pile of tan right now and it doesn't look much but it's a start.

6011396907_db902c35e9_z.jpg

AC

Edited by ACPin

After these MOC's are all done I want AC to start a thread showing off his parts collection. Sometimes I wonder if he works at the factory.

After these MOC's are all done I want AC to start a thread showing off his parts collection. Sometimes I wonder if he works at the factory.

Really! :tongue: Or is he like Nathan Sawaya and he has a few million bricks on hand and another million in storage, "just in case".

A "Show Your Massive LEGO Inventory That, According to dr_spock's Wife, Has Reached Critical Mass" thread? That would be interesting...

Really! :tongue: Or is he like Nathan Sawaya and he has a few million bricks on hand and another million in storage, "just in case".

I'm going to guess that most AFOLs who have been collecting since the 80's or before are in that state...

This looks promising. I think I'll keep my eye on this one. I hope to see more soon.

Haven't you seen enough? :grin:

You and your teaser pics! :tongue:

Don't you just like the suspense buildibng up? :tongue:

Not gonna happen anytime soon and don't work at the factory but don't we all wish we did? :sweet:

Nowhere near Nathan's seemingly unlimited brick supply and just found out that he went to the Lego store that I frequently go to buy some bricks. Now what's up with that?

A "Show Your Massive LEGO Inventory That, According to dr_spock's Wife, Has Reached Critical Mass" thread? That would be interesting...

I'm going to guess that most AFOLs who have been collecting since the 80's or before are in that state...

Yes, I do agree!

This sounds very intersting

If you can wait a couple more weeks then you'll see the rest.

Which story are you going to play out of Lego?

Where have you been? Go back and watch the movie so you'll know what it is about! :laugh:

AC

How much tan!? *oh2* Looking good, like the dune method

Not enough I say! :grin:

MMM...I'll be waiting to see this MOC from ACPin as he always does and epic job! The suspence :oh:

Added another teaser pic for your viewing pleasure! :laugh:

AC

Not enough I say! :grin:

Added another teaser pic for your viewing pleasure! :laugh:

AC

Great, it's Red Castle Grounds all over again! :wink::tongue::cry_sad:

Looks like a good starting point for your community build! :sweet:

I'm liking the look of it so far, but I do have one concern/question. Would using plates on angles be better for constructing the sand dunes? That way the may be smoother than having the angled bricks. Though I think you may get gaps where they meet the base plate and the top.

Great, it's Red Castle Grounds all over again! :wink::tongue::cry_sad:

But not as long as that one, this will be done by weekend. :sweet:

Looks like a good starting point for your community build! :sweet:

I'm liking the look of it so far, but I do have one concern/question. Would using plates on angles be better for constructing the sand dunes? That way the may be smoother than having the angled bricks. Though I think you may get gaps where they meet the base plate and the top.

I've used the plates technique before but this time I wanted to make full use of the slopes. Plus it gave me a good reason to finally deconstruct this. :grin:

Impressive, awaiting the finished dunes. Like the teaser.

Should be done in no time. :laugh:

AC

Very nice. I love the way you built the pod. I do think the separation between dunes and very flat baseplate is a bit too obvious, though.

The way you've constructed the sandy ridges is superb, and I like your use of plating to create the effect of ripples. :thumbup:

Interesting choice of greebling for the escape pod... though if I were to crash-land in the middle of nowhere, I suppose it would make sense to bring along a full complement of chain saws, pickaxes, and bits of Corellian freighters. :tongue:

Very nice. The use of the curved slopes is a nice trick to create a realistic desert. For as far as I can see, the escape pod looks pretty neat too, I would like to see a close-up of it. :classic:

Edited by Hollander

It is stunning! :sweet:

I hope LEGO considers some of your ideas for their upcoming Droid Escape set! :wink:

One can only hope. :laugh:

Very nice. I love the way you built the pod. I do think the separation between dunes and very flat baseplate is a bit too obvious, though.

That's what happens when you run out of the right pieces (more slopes)!

The way you've constructed the sandy ridges is superb, and I like your use of plating to create the effect of ripples. :thumbup:

Interesting choice of greebling for the escape pod... though if I were to crash-land in the middle of nowhere, I suppose it would make sense to bring along a full complement of chain saws, pickaxes, and bits of Corellian freighters. :tongue:

You never know what you may need once you land! :grin:

This is great. I love the escape pod :sweet::thumbup: . Love the method for the dunes, this is great

The escape pod is an updated version of one I've built before but never posted until now.

Excellent stuff!

:sweet:

Very nice. The use of the curved slopes is a nice trick to create a realistic desert. For as far as I can see, the escape pod looks pretty neat too, I would like to see a close-up of it. :classic:

You're probably a newbie, so just go back and click on the pic to see more details. :wink:

AC

Another great MOC AC! :thumbup: Even for such a barren desert setting you were still able to 'put life' into the build with the interesting use of those slope pieces for some much-needed surface variation on these sand dunes. And of course, the escape pod is fantastic and probably something that TLG should get inspiration from for next year's Droid Escape set (though at this stage their version would've probably been finalized).