Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

The hospital interior is very disapointing I do like the doctor though.

Based on the pictures, it looks like the Hospital comes with 5 minifigs, the doctor, the guy driving the ambulance, the helicopter pilot (with the helmet), the other paramedic (with the blue baseball cap) plus the patient in the green jumper.

Bit of a let-down that the set includes 3 paramedics and only one doctor.

I think the set would have been better if it had included a second doctor and one less paramedic.

I do like the new doctor torso though and wish I could get about 5 of em for my Hospital MOC (but unfortunately this set wont hit Australia for a few months yet plus each set only has ONE torso so I know it will be almost impossible to get on Bricklink :( )

I think it's only four minifigs - doctor, patient, chopper pilot, paramedic. If you look at the picture showing what's in each bag, you can see the figures standing next to the ambulance and helicopter, and there are only four.

I like the doctor, and the helicopter is cool, but the ambulance is lacking and the hospital needs a lot of work. I might pick up two of these if the price is right to build a bigger hospital for our LEGO City.

I think it's only four minifigs - doctor, patient, chopper pilot, paramedic. If you look at the picture showing what's in each bag, you can see the figures standing next to the ambulance and helicopter, and there are only four.

I like the doctor, and the helicopter is cool, but the ambulance is lacking and the hospital needs a lot of work. I might pick up two of these if the price is right to build a bigger hospital for our LEGO City.

Yeah you are right, its only 4.

Interestingly this set has exactly the same makeup of minifigs as the last hospital did (EMT with helmet, EMT with hat, doctor, patient)

I'm going to go slip on a banana skin so I can get a helicopter ride. :excited:

The Doctor is pretty cool. Looks like a very poorly funded hospital though. All they have is two beds and a drip. Probably because they spent all their budget on a huge helicopter.

Well, the doctor minifig, helicopter and the DSS (DSS contains new and interesting signs) are enough reasons for me to buy the set. Overall, it is a bit dissapointing but it is at least better than TLG's previous attempt at a hospital.

Edited by mrlegoman

The new doctor print is good but I still think 6380 was a better hospital set. It's a shame they decided to stick to many extras rather than concentrating on building a larger better hospital. Oh well I'm still going to pick it up in the end.

The Doctor is pretty cool. Looks like a very poorly funded hospital though. All they have is two beds and a drip. Probably because they spent all their budget on a huge helicopter.

Agreed... you take that copter out of the set you have more than enough pieces for an additional floor or two and whatever it would take to furnish them more appropriately.

I kinda like how things were handled with the Batman line-- yes, of course there's a perfect spot to 'park' the Batmobile, but TLG sold them separately. There's already an ambulance on the shelves-- why not just make the parking bay large enough to fit that one rather than give us a pale alternative.

And a separate release for the copter would've freed up the designers quite a bit as well.

I'll still get it-- wanted something, anything for a hospital for years-- but it's definitely underwhelming.

Can you take off the top of the Hospital? Like the City Corner's Pizzeria, City House, Bank and Construction Site Shop?

Edited by TomRoid

I too think its strange have a green base inside the hospital/medical centre and ambulance bay. Would have thought the ambulance bay would have been a flat tile type surface like the Fire Stations. This hospital has less rooms than the previous hospital but at least you don't have to drive the patient up a hill to the A&E/ER. Like most I reckon more could have been done if the Helicopter and Ambulance/paramedic response van had been sold as seperates like the last time TLG did a medical theme.

Guess I'll get it and use it as an Ambulance station

I have a feeling that this is designed as a replacement for the Bank. Same number of minifigs, chopper instead of armored card, ambulance instead of police car, buildings about the same size. Since that was a Target exclusive here in the US, I have the feeling that this might be as well, and they probably needed it to hit the same price point.

If that's the case, I think we need to tank LEGO and Target because this will be the third great set that they've given us that doesn't fit into the normal City release schedule. I also wonder what they might offer us in 2013... what else have we been whining that we need in our LEGO cities? I guess that's probably a topic for the 2013 City sets thread (when one gets started).

Wow, after seeing the pictures up close I'm even more disappointed in the hospital set size, and the ambulance which is nothing compared to the ambulance set you can buy which is a lot better visually,

I am halfway through build now (i will post some pics later, i have only ipad now, which is crap for picsg). You start with ambulance which is very small (almost microscale). Helicopter is nice from front but wierd from behind. Set has four minifugs, patient, doctor with printed legs, female paramedic (different than in current ambulance set) and helicopter pilot.

This set is clearly a succesor to bank and city corner set (which i both have). Box size is very similar, 16 stud size concept also and the price (which is 50 euro/usd - my set strangely has dollar price on it, even if it was bought in germany). Box however does not have special/limited edition band on it, so it will probably will not be store exclusive.

I am halfway through build now (i will post some pics later, i have only ipad now, which is crap for picsg). You start with ambulance which is very small (almost microscale). Helicopter is nice from front but wierd from behind. Set has four minifugs, patient, doctor with printed legs, female paramedic (different than in current ambulance set) and helicopter pilot.

This set is clearly a succesor to bank and city corner set (which i both have). Box size is very similar, 16 stud size concept also and the price (which is 50 euro/usd - my set strangely has dollar price on it, even if it was bought in germany). Box however does not have special/limited edition band on it, so it will probably will not be store exclusive.

Thanks for the info. I'm glad it most likely won't be a store exclusive. :classic:

The January line in of itself completely undermined the summer cut. Fortunately I am having a light budget, some to a bulk order and later in this year I may, $ permitting, catch up on the last three modulars, buy a couple Jan sets that I haven't, and get the City Garage and green truck with depressed center trailer. For LEGO to put in a green baseplate in the garage section is silly but I guess it can be considered that the line is marketed to a younger audience.

Edited by brickbuilder711

I have a feeling that this is designed as a replacement for the Bank. Same number of minifigs, chopper instead of armored card, ambulance instead of police car, buildings about the same size. Since that was a Target exclusive here in the US, I have the feeling that this might be as well, and they probably needed it to hit the same price point.

If that's the case, I think we need to tank LEGO and Target because this will be the third great set that they've given us that doesn't fit into the normal City release schedule. I also wonder what they might offer us in 2013... what else have we been whining that we need in our LEGO cities? I guess that's probably a topic for the 2013 City sets thread (when one gets started).

I don't think it's a replacement for the bank (which was widely available in DK), but I'm a little tired of TLG doing only 8x16 style buildings! That's quite a limit (for the TLG designers) and I used to see much bigger variation in the 80' buildings

Also, the option recombining buildings is pretty stupid. But that's just imo

I don't think it's a replacement for the bank (which was widely available in DK), but I'm a little tired of TLG doing only 8x16 style buildings! That's quite a limit (for the TLG designers) and I used to see much bigger variation in the 80' buildings

Also, the option recombining buildings is pretty stupid. But that's just imo

Speaking of 8X16, is this one of those buildings stackable/modular/switchable level buildings like the Pizzaria, Family House, Bank and SHOP? Like this...

t3xRv.jpg

It's 6X18 but the other buildings actual building has 2X16 left in front of it.

Well crap. That interior is a bit disappointing. That doctor, on the other hand, do I spy leg printing? It's too bad they couldn't have skipped the ambulance and added those pieces into the building, betting on the people who bought the ambulance earlier would buy the hospital.

Edit... That's what I get for not reading the last page. An echo to what's already been said. :sadnew:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Speaking of ambulance, would the great vehicles one fit in the bay of the medical centre ? :wink:

I wonder if next year we'll get other sets that tie into the great vehicles sub-theme ? :wink:

Speaking of ambulance, would the great vehicles one fit in the bay of the medical centre ? :wink:

I wonder if next year we'll get other sets that tie into the great vehicles sub-theme ? :wink:

I hope it does fit, but it may look a little large compared to the building. I might need to buy two copies of this set to make it larger.

Edited by The Blue Brick

I hope it does fit, but it may look a little large compared to the building. I might need to buy two copies of this set to make it larger.

Now that's a good idea, combined two into a bigger complex....seriously I feel this there should of being an ER downstairs and just a ward upstair. This just looks like a treatment centre for a factory or school, or perhaps a race circuit medical unit ? :blush:

I think not. Look how small is new one:

img_8917.jpg

Well crap. That interior is a bit disappointing. That doctor, on the other hand, do I spy leg printing? It's too bad they couldn't have skipped the ambulance and added those pieces into the building, betting on the people who bought the ambulance earlier would buy the hospital.

Edit... That's what I get for not reading the last page. An echo to what's already been said. :sadnew:

Doctor is nice (there is also pilot, which is no on pic and not in bag 1)

img_8905.jpg

"missing" front of box:

img_8891.jpg

Thanks for the additional pics, 'Cwetqo'! I can't wait to see the interior! :sweet:

The figures look pretty good. I especially like the doctor, for his torso and leggings. What's up with their eyes, though? Is that a misprint, or did LEGO stop filling in their pupils? Also, I wished they did a back sided head for the victim. I would of loved to had a neutral face with closed eyes.

Or is it just me? :tongue:

Edited by just2good

Two problems with this set, the doctor's legs not colour matching right and that little ambulance.....oh, come on Lego ! :hmpf_bad:

I'll still buy one when it comes out, because it is better than the last one by more than a country mile ! :blush:

Wow that printing is VERY bad. There goes the only pro of this set. Might as well build your own!