Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

LEGO release Olympic Team GB minifigs.

There's a topic devoted to these figs here.

And here are the city sets for this summer! also sadly not HD :pir_bawling:

le_citybaggerkipplaster.jpgle_citybergwerk.jpg

le_citygrubenbagger.jpgle_citygrubenwagen.jpg

le_cityhelikopterrettungsbasis.jpgle_citymuldenkipper.jpg

so thats it for now!

Thanks 'GRogall' for these at least, now I see what I'm buying in the mid-year toy sales in Oz. :wink:

No parking station set means TRU ! :hmpf_bad:

Very dissapointed :sad: I could build the lot in a few hours with the bricks I got. Luv'ed the frist wave, got multitudes of those .. but these sets seem VERY uninspired. I mean TLG have done way better mining vehicles than those (in the PM theme amongst others). The truck, miniloader and heavy hauler looks like something we've all seen before

I guess City was not so important this time. Is Starwars/LotR taking up all the good designers time?

Nice that we finally got a hospital .. eh, emergency room :classic:

I want that parking station!

And where is the rest of the buildings? You know, buildings, they have like walls, roofs, interior, atmosphere and playability

Tired of licensed themes taking precedense over core Lego themes ... imho that is :devil:

Oh, maybe next year :laugh:

I see your point '1974', that's why I have 21 projects running on Cuusoo trying to show Lego what CITY is missing. :classic:

And here are the city sets for this summer! also sadly not HD :pir_bawling:

{pic}

so thats it for now!

Thanks 'GRogall'! :sweet:

I think I've said this before, but the sets look bleh, besides the hospital. The hospital looks really good, and I might get the smallest mining set on a good day, if I'm in a good mood. :wink:

I hope the 2013 wave of City sets is better than the Summer 2012 wave of City sets.

I like the look of the construction tunnel set, mining I think.

But I will say that the Hospital/Emergency room looks a bit disappointing, Compared to the previous years police stations and fire stations.

Though you could argue at least they've finally released a hospital/emergency room

I don't like the summer City sets much. They all look half baked. I like the green trucks and the minifigs from the mining sets but that's all I'd be prepared to buy.

The Hospital looks interesting as a parts pack at least, might have some interesting stickers too.

Not so interested in the mining sets except for the new parts (i.e. the new mining hat)

Hmmm, won't be buying any of them! :hmpf_bad:

What not even the hospital which is far better than the last.....and by the looks of it no chain saw in the operating room ! :laugh:

Granted they aren't the best mid-year releases, but that's being happening over the past few years....last year a handful of marine sets that with one or two of were half-baked.

Thanks GRogall for the pictures. I'll definitely buy the Hospital. The mining theme isn't working for me though.

Edited by The Blue Brick

I like the look of the construction tunnel set, mining I think.

But I will say that the Hospital/Emergency room looks a bit disappointing, Compared to the previous years police stations and fire stations.

Though you could argue at least they've finally released a hospital/emergency room

I agree. While I don't have the recent Police Station, I do have the previous one. It was pretty good and bigger than the hospital. I guess you could buy another one and add to it...

I'm nota real big fan of the mining sets, I've said that before :hmpf:, I'll be picking up 4200 for the fig. Me not wanting these is fine, what with LotR and SW...

What not even the hospital which is far better than the last.....and by the looks of it no chain saw in the operating room ! :laugh:

Granted they aren't the best mid-year releases, but that's being happening over the past few years....last year a handful of marine sets that with one or two of were half-baked.

Especially the hospital!! :tongue:

If it looked more like 6380 then it'd be towards the top of my list, unfortunately it's not so will spend my money on old sets instead.

So the new hospital isn't up to much size wise. More of a drop in doctors surgery. To me if I get this it will be an ambulance station as it has the garage and downstairs will be office/despatch, upstairs the ambulance crews accomodation. As has been written in this and other threads, Lego have mist a great chance to build a decent hospital for all those minifigures in our towns/cities. As a minimum it should have been the size of the last 2 police stations and has been previously suggested come in modules so people could add as many different hospital depts as they wished. Heres hoping for the next time.

I have new hospital. I will probably make review in few days, but for just photo of back side, where more detail could be seen:

img_8883.jpg

I also saw mining truck and some other sets.

I shall look forward to your review 'Cwetqo', though from what I can see there is just two beds and a reception counter....my feelings for this set is starting to go down.

Nice find, 'Cwetqo'! How did you get it? :sweet:

I await your review... But as 'lightningtiger' said, judging by the back of the box, the hospital's interior looks quite disappointing... :hmpf_bad: Hopefully it'll be better once we get some close-ups.

:laugh: So the story line of this hospital is that someone slipped on a banana peel?

I really like that doctor minifig though :thumbup:

This will sound weird but I'm glad the summer City sets aren't anything to write home about because I already know I'm buying the entire line of LOTR and Monster Fighters (Probably in one giant shopping spree) when they drop and my budget can't handle more than that...=p

The big mine set looks kinda cool though, I may have to get that down the line.

The interior of that hospital is pathetic. Grass field inside the hospital and garage? Can't be very sanitary. :laugh:

I'm really looking forward to miners as a theme. I haven't even thought about a regular mining theme before, so mad props to LEGO. :thumbup:

I have new hospital. I will probably make review in few days, but for just photo of back side, where more detail could be seen:

I also saw mining truck and some other sets.

Where are you located that you saw them?