Blacktron

Aliens - Colonial Marines Custom Minifigs

Hey buddy, I have just received the smartgunners and pilots. Super awesome as usual. Thank you, I love them so much!

Bonjour Blacktron ,

Mon fils est tombé sur votre site par hasard , et il a vu que vous vendiez des figurines de Marines Coloniaux et les a trouvé très détaillées et réussies , je voudrais savoir le nombre qu'il vous en reste , leur prix et aussi si vous aviez une adresse ou vous contacter afin de pouvoir en commander.

Merci d'avance

Hi Souricette!

I'm sorry my french is really bad. But if I understood you correctly your son is interested in buying some marines. Right now there are only 3 of them left. If you are interested in buying them, you can contact me via email. My adress is: RomeVox@web.de. If you speak a little english or german, please try it in one of these languages. That would really make it a lot easier for me to respond to your email. Thanks very much. :classic:

Update: Souricette took the last 3 marines. All colonial marines are sold out right now.

If anyone else is interested, please feel encouraged to write me in spite of that. My idea is, making a list with reservations. If there is enough interest I'll make a bunch of new ones. Last time it took me about two weeks to build 11, from the first steps of casting the armor and helmet pieces to the finishing touches on the paint job. Also I would need new basic figures. So it will take some time until new figures will be available. Sorry about that, but thats the problem with handmade stuff.

Hi great figs you made there, do you have any more by chance? Interested in purchasing 1-2 of them, I've grown up watching the Alien franchise and I'm also a big fan of the colonial marines, Hicks and Hudson...lol Hudson, so please let me know if you're making more of them, I will definite be buying at least 2 from you, and maybe more later on.

Great job on the figs

Edited by SithDJMaster

Hi SithDJMaster! :classic:

Thanks for contacting me and for your nice feedback. Please write me an Email (RomeVox@web.de). Then I'll respond ASAP.

Hi SithDJMaster! :classic:

Thanks for contacting me and for your nice feedback. Please write me an Email (RomeVox@web.de). Then I'll respond ASAP.

Hi thanks for the response, I have send you an email via my hotmail account, so please check to see if you received it. Can't wait to see more of your work and I look forward to buy some of your work as well.

Hi Matthias!

The 4 Colonial Marines arrived!!!!!! Just hours before my son's Birthday party!!!!! He LOVES them and he says it was soooo worth it to get them!!!! He says they are awesome! The detail is amazing and meticulous! Great job! We can't wait to see what you create next!

I am so grateful for your help in mailing them out on a moments notice too!You are great!

Keep up the good work! I am sure he will want to order more from you in the future!

Sincerely,

Wendy and son Hunter

Howdy!

It took me a few weeks, but now I got 10 brand new colonial marines available. These are build, painted, ready for shipping and to protect your home from xenomorphs.

10marines_zpsef9e6fec.jpg

Also I have reworked my smartgunner parts and made a new set of molds for them. It's the first time I can offer a Vasquez Smartgunner custom figure here in the thread. As you can see on the pics Vasquez gear is removable, just like the Marines gear.

Vasquez2_zpsaa6df66f.jpg

Vasquez_zps08affff4.jpg

Vasquez3_zps22622986.jpg

Available 03/2013:

10 colonial marines Custom figures - 13,95 Euro each

1 Smartgunner "Vasquez" - 15,95 Euro

Edited by Blacktron

Update:

10 8 colonial marines Custom figures - 13,95 Euro each

1 Smartgunner "Vasquez" - 15,95 Euro sold

Hi there,

I got my marines in the mail, and they look really great. Vasquez and Drake look like they've been through a few wars together.

I feel like I have to be very careful with them - are they really fragile?

Anyway, fantastic work. Are you working on your next project?

Thanks,

slopemodified

Thanks very much for your feedback, slopemodified. :thumbup:

I'm happy the marines arrived savely in australia.

Well, the parts are made of Resin, so they are a little more fragile than legos ABS Plastic parts. But don't worry, they are not that fragile. If they should fall from your desk, I would'nt worry about them. The marine helmets, marine armors and weapons won't break easily. I've put some metal parts from paper clips into the shoulder lamps and smartguns to make them stronger. The only very fragile parts might be the eye pieces and headsets of the smartgunners. Yours are one of a kind and I'm still looking for a perfect, stronger solution for these parts. All the other parts are pretty strong. And if you ever should need some replacement parts - just contact me.

Next project? Hmmm - I don't know. What do you wish for? Maybe there will be some kind of marine 2.0 with different details and some new parts to mix with the first version to get some more indiviuality. But other than that, project colonial marines is pretty much completet for me. But I'm very open for suggestions. :classic:

Edited by Blacktron

You're welcome. Thanks for your reply.

The only things I can think of is the motion tracker that the marines used in the movie and a minifig version of the dropship pilot, Cpl. Ferro.

aliens_pilot_ferro_160x225boxart_160w.jpg

Other than that, you're free to do characters from another movie or video game. Another James Cameron film - characters from Terminator 1 and 2 perhaps?

Edited by slopemodified

I already did a motion tracker and the Drop ship pilots Ferro and Spunkmeyer. But I'm not satisfied with the motion tracker. Maybe I should do an improved version. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Blacktron

I got 7 regular colonial marines still available. Also I have these 4 movie characters available right now.

Corporal Hicks:

HicksEuro_zpsd7475ec0.jpg

Private Hudson:

HudsonEuro_zps06f5c9a0.jpg

Private Dietrich:

DietrichEuro_zps08a4a2b1.jpg

Smartgunner Vasquez:

VasquezEuro_zps7d7124f3.jpg

7 Generic colonial marines: 13,95 Euro each

1 Corporal Hicks: 14,95 Euro

1 Private Hudson: 14,95 Euro

1 Private Dietrich: 14,95 Euro

1 Vasquez (Smartgunner): 15,95 Euro

Hicks, Hudson and Dietrich are some kind of colonial marine 2.0. Chest armor, shoulder lamp and helmet with soft cover are new parts. If I build new marines they will all feature these new parts in the future. That's why I reduce the price of the 7 older type marines.

Also I changed the prices from Euros to US$, because most of the inquirys I get are not from europe.

Available right now 05/2013:

7 Generic colonial marines 1.0: 13,95 Euro $14 each

1 Corporal Hicks: $17 sold

1 Private Hudson: $17 sold

1 Private Dietrich: $17 sold

1 Vasquez (Smartgunner): $20 sold

Update 05.31.13: Only the gereric marines are still available. The prominent movie characters are sold out right now. I start my work on a new wave. Some more of the movie characters will be available in 1-2 weeks.

Type 1 Marines:

10marines_zpsef9e6fec.jpg

Edited by Blacktron

The new colonial marines are ready. I've build the entire squad from the movie (or two squads, to be precise).

GroupShot_zps0663538c.jpg

Apone:

Apone_zpsbbc59bac.jpg

Hudson:

Hudson_zps9f5e5301.jpg

Hicks:

Hicks_zpsa2830828.jpg

Frost:

Frost_zpsb31addec.jpg

Dietrich:

Dietrich_zps4716420e.jpg

Wierzbowski:

Wierzbowski_zpsedc223c6.jpg

Crowe:

Crowe_zpsb141a6a6.jpg

All the movie marines are $17 each. I'll add the 2 smartgunners to the group as soon as they are ready.

Edited by Blacktron

Update 07/2013:

Available right now:

3 Type 1 Marines (the generic ones): $14 each.

7 Movie Character Marines (Hicks, Hudson, Apone, Dietrich, Crowe, Wierbowski and Frost) $17 each.

2 Smartgunners (Vasquez and Drake) $20 each.

Vasquez_zpsefd92716.jpg

Drake_zpsb7a00d8c.jpg

Selling to canadians? Hmm - I really don't know... :sceptic:

...just kidding - of course I would sell to canada. :laugh: Just write me an email at RomeVox@web.de when you're ready.

I really need to update the thread. The latest marines I've made are selling faster than I had expected. Maybe I have to build some new ones soon.

Update 09/2013:

Available right now:

1 Smartgunner Vasquez $20

2 Smartgunners Drake $20 each

2 Hicks $17 each

1 Frost $17

1 Dietrich $17

1 Hudson $17

1 Wierzbowski $17

1 Crowe $17

If you want something that is not on the list right now, please ask via PM oder Email (RomeVox@web.de)

Edited by Blacktron

Quick update about the figures:

Right now, almost everything is sold out. All I got left is 1 Drake. I'm in the process of making new ones. I'll update soon, when I got pictures of them. :classic:

Edited by Blacktron