Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Morrigan

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

6006545068_301ccbfc15_z.jpg

Morrigan is the pinnacle of air warfare engineering. Built on the mysterious island of Hynys, long time opponents of the Lion Empire. They have fought to retain independence and have learned well from their many years of battle. Emerging from the near permanent mists that shroud their homeland, the pilots of Hynys sought to assist the other Free State islands in their unexpected war.

Here we see Captain Arian, squadron leader of the Falcon Squad, ready to join the skirmish.

This plane was very fun to build. A second go at making something middle sized and for a single crew member. Of all the recent planes, this one has actually been built the longest!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow, weird! I love your little planes and especially that they are mostly piloted by females. Go LEGO females! I love the torso you used here. Is that a Rock Raiders torso? They made some good torsos for that line, suitable for space, steampunk, lots of things! I love the unique shape of this plane. I'm immediately reminded of a drop ship type shape. I think you could easily make a larger multi-troop drop ship with a similar configuration to fly in the same fleet. That's a very clever use of canopy pieces to make the cockpit. Awesome guns and great use of those modified slopes: the engine thingies that greeble up the top.

Also, this is my favorite backstory yet. Can we please see more from the mysterious island nation of Hynys? :cry_happy: Pwease!!!

Glad you like this one, It's been sat there ages while I pondered posting it. The torso is indeed a Rock Raider one, Jet's to be precise. As for future builds, there are some in the works once I get my final castle built (awaiting parts). Thinking about castle's means I am not thinking planes :laugh:

Love it! :wub_drool: That's a crazy awesome design (as Quarry might say :blush: ) - it looks high-tech yet plausible; something the military might be working on in secret.

I think we could do with a fancy logo for the Sky-Fi stuff - I'll get working on it.

Cool build. I really like the look of the engine, but it's the interresting design of the cockpit that I like best. Great work!

Love it! :wub_drool: That's a crazy awesome design (as Quarry might say :blush: ) - it looks high-tech yet plausible; something the military might be working on in secret.

I think we could do with a fancy logo for the Sky-Fi stuff - I'll get working on it.

Oooo Fancy Logos :wub: don't forget the tag sized version :wink:

Cool build. I really like the look of the engine, but it's the interresting design of the cockpit that I like best. Great work!

That was pure experimentation. I am very pleased that I bought the Lime Green and the Red Tractor sets, the windscreens came in very handy :grin:

For me this build needs something to lift the greyness factor Pep. The back wings look nice and smooth (SNOTty) whilst the front look like they were attached as an afterthought. If the front wings were equally angle upwards and snotted like the rear ones then I think it would look amazing, almost butterfly-like. Perhaps some blue or dark blue featuring as well?

The engines look nice and greeblie as well and the cockpit is a great obtuse shape. Keep em coming I say.

AWESOME 'Peppermint', the design takes points from WWII aircraft and modern day fighter jets with the swept-back wings. :thumbup:

Keep them rolling off your production line and Brick On 'Peppermint_M' ! :grin: