slovakiasteph

Camper mod

indexed.gif V-LV-34B & V-LV-34C

I decided to play around with my camper a bit-- I like the design overall, but it doesn't give much "play" space.

lego_033.jpg

So, I took out the chairs... and made my own. Opens up more space for movement.

lego_035.jpg

They chairs recline! Like all good camper chairs. :wink:

lego_036.jpg

Here's one outside so you can see what it looks like.

I also changed the color scheme back to blue and red from the white, grey, and green.

ETA:

Been playing around some more and decided to edit this as such... wanted to mod my little camper a bit too.

lego_038.jpg

Not sure if I like the lights on the side. Also, I had to work with the pieces I had, so that's why the blues are a bit weird.

lego_040.jpg

Inside: a bed. This tiny camper really can't fit more than one person.

lego_041.jpg

This bed doesn't fold up, though. Sorry the minifig's face is blurry!

Edited by Phred

Not a bad idea there 'slovakiasteph', just the dark bluey grey doesn't fit and the cab roof is now out of alignment with the rest of the vehicle.

Also no sink....but it's understandable - not much room to move eh ? :wink:

Brick On Holiday On ! :grin:

Nice idea, Steph. I thought about elongating my camper but this is better. :classic:

Neat mod 'slovakiasteph'. I always wondered why TLG hasn't given us a camper with a bed. Don't minifigs need sleep, too? default_laugh2.gif

Great job, anyway!default_classic.gif

Not a bad idea there 'slovakiasteph', just the dark bluey grey doesn't fit and the cab roof is now out of alignment with the rest of the vehicle.

Also no sink....but it's understandable - not much room to move eh ? :wink:

Brick On Holiday On ! :grin:

The cab roof was higher than the rest of the body before... now it's lower... either way, no one wins! :laugh: I like the way it looks higher anyway.

I need to get some white plates to use for the floor... don't have any now!

Thanks, everyone!

Not a bad improvement at all. I've always liked this set but agree that its lacking in detail. There is very little room for adjustments but I think you did a nice job on it. I may actually pull mine out and see what I can come up with.

Not a bad improvement at all. I've always liked this set but agree that its lacking in detail. There is very little room for adjustments but I think you did a nice job on it. I may actually pull mine out and see what I can come up with.

We can have a camper mod group! :cry_happy: Well, if you do, please post pics or comment here so I can take a look! I've been looking at other Lego campers all day now...

I like the stacking of the surf board and car on top as LEGO suggests, but I wonder if there is a good way to tack them on to the front or back of the vehicle. I'll have to experiment with some of my creations.

Thanks for the MOD inspiration.

I like the stacking of the surf board and car on top as LEGO suggests, but I wonder if there is a good way to tack them on to the front or back of the vehicle. I'll have to experiment with some of my creations.

Thanks for the MOD inspiration.

On some of the older camper versions, there's a C-clip on the back to attach the fork of the bike. Not sure what else you could do with the surfboard, though. Time to get creative! :)