Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Belville Mafia: Day 5

banner.jpg

Day 5

01.jpg

Cornelia wasn't so much trying to sleep as just waiting, after her husband got killed she'd had trouble sleeping, and this Night was no exception.

02.jpg

What was different though, was that this Night her waiting was not in vain, a certain mysterious figure entered her room and pulled a gun at her. "Well Cornelia, it seems you're about to join your husband, wherever he may be."

04.jpg

"Well, think again scumbag! I have a little surprise for you!"

03.jpg

"Oh, you mean that gun of yours that I emptied out earlier and filled with blanks? Yeah, really scary that one." Blam! And then Cornelia was as dead as her husband.

04.jpg

"Okay people, this is the situation: Amy who you voted off yesterday was Loyal, and my sister Cornelia was also Loyal. So unless you guys are really clever today I fear we'll all be dead soon. Now, get to work."

Rules (stolen mainly from Hinckley this time):

1. Each player has been given a character to play, who is either Loyal or Not Loyal. To win the game, the Loyal must kill off all the Not Loyals, while the Not Loyals needs to outnumber the Loyals.

2. Each day you will vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, un-voting is to be done in the format; Un-vote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted, and please note the use of bold text. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. When a majority vote is reached the Day ends. Un-voting after the majority has been reached won't be counted.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 48 hours. You may not vote in the first 16 hours. After the day has concluded, a Night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 24 hours.

4. If a Day ends without someone being convicted there will be a random death among the non-voters (yes, this means it's technically possible to have a Day end without someone dying, but that's unlikely)

5. The alignment of lynched players will be revealed at the beginning of the next Day, as well as those that died during the Night.

6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but only in your own words. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

7. The usage of any form of communication outside the Day threads are strictly forbidden (except for the Not Loyals which have their own writeboard for this)

8. You may not edit your posts. 1st offence: stern warning, 2nd offence: The untimely death of your character, the end of your game, and endless ridicule.

9. You must post in every day thread. One day without a post and your character will be killed with extreme prejudice.

10. There are no clues in the pictures or the text accompanying them. Any attempt at using them as such will result in instant death of your character, no warnings, no exceptions, no second chances. The only clues you'll get in the opening post for the Day is whether a person who was killed (either during the Night or convicted the previous Day) was Loyal or Not Loyal.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

00_quentin.jpg

Quentin de Belle-ville, head of the Belle-ville family (NPC, host character)

played by Quarryman

Players:

03_fuchsia.jpg

Fuchsia de Belle-ville - married to Daniel

played by Fugazi

05_richelle.jpg

Richelle de Belle-ville - married to Tammo

played by Ricecracker

06_rupert.jpg

Rupert Spalkowa - son of Irena and Sammy, brother of Amy

played by Rufus

08_petra.jpg

Petra Steinethaler, only child of James and Cornelia

played by def (replaced Peanuts)

13_tammo.jpg

Tammo de Belle-ville, second son of Quentin from his first marriage, married to Richelle

played by Captain Tamamono

The Dead

09_sammy.jpg

Sammy Spalkowa, married to Irena, father of Rupert and Amy

played by Sandy, voted off on Day 1 Loyal

10_henry.jpg

Henry de Belle-ville, oldest son of Quentin from his first marriage, married to Dragana

played by Hinckley, killed during Night 1 Loyal

01_irena.jpg

Irena Spalkowa - only child from Quentin's second marriage, married to Sammy, mother of Rupert and Amy

played by Shadows, voted off on Day 2 Not Loyal

11_james.jpg

Jacob Steinethaler - married to Cornelia, father of Petra

played by JimButcher, killed during Night 2 Loyal

02_dragana.jpg

Dragana de Belle-ville - married to Henry

played by Dragonator, voted off on Day 3 Loyal

12_daniel.jpg

Daniel de Belle-ville - youngest son of Quentin from his first marriage, married to Fuchsia

played by dannylonglegs, killed during Night 3 Loyal

07_amy.jpg

Amy Spalkowa - daughter of Irena and Sammy, sister of Rupert

played by iamded, voted off on Day 4 Loyal

04_cornelia.jpg

Cornelia Steinethaler - younger sister of Quentin, married to James, mother of Petra.

played by CorneliusMurdock, killed during Night 4 Loyal

On Day 5 it takes 3 votes to convict.

What?? *huh* I certainly didn't expect this. I thought we were doing good yesterday, but I was completely wrong about Amy. I'm sorry for that, although you must admit that the evidence against her was compelling.

So what now? I'll go back to my notes and see if there's a solution to this mess.

Oh. My. God.

We are on the verge of losing things here, folks. There are five of us, and only one scum has been taken out. That puts us in a bad position. I suspect there are two scum left. The one thing we have going for us is that even a blind vote is statistically more likely to have good results.

I'd like you to consider this to start the day: Rupert and Tammo have a 0/4 voting record, voting only for townies. Fuchsia voted for townies twice, and was a late voter for Irena.

I'll have to exempt my own voting record, since I've been under due stress and have been erratic. I'm feeling much better now, and capable of properly helping the family :sweet:

What an idiot I am! I knew I shouldn't have voted for her! :wall: And poor Aunt Cornelia! She was the only one left that I trusted. :cry_sad:

We are on the verge of losing things here, folks. There are five of us, and only one scum has been taken out. That puts us in a bad position. I suspect there are two scum left. The one thing we have going for us is that even a blind vote is statistically more likely to have good results.

That's true, I wouldn't expect the scum to start off with any less than three, and there were more than two left, the game... of life would be over by now. In any case, I think it's pretty obvious that we're toast if we don't vote off a scum today.

I'll be going over my notes and what's happened the last few days, and I'll come back with theories in a little while.

Oh, shit. I was so sure about Amy, and I was certain we'd be waking up today with a good chance of getting through this. I can't believe we were wrong about her, after her behaviour yesterday.

I agree with Petra that it's likely there are two scum left, so it's lynch or lose today. However good the odds might be for catching a scum with a random vote, though, we must be careful to avoid rash decisions.

I'll have to exempt my own voting record, since I've been under due stress and have been erratic. I'm feeling much better now, and capable of properly helping the family :sweet:

That's easy to say, but just because you're feeling better doesn't mean you've switched sides! We had already raised a suspicion over your voting record; I'll be looking at that again today.

What an idiot I am! I knew I shouldn't have voted for her! :wall:

Then why did you? And how did you 'know'? Personally, I was certain we'd caught a scum.

That's easy to say, but just because you're feeling better doesn't mean you've switched sides! We had already raised a suspicion over your voting record; I'll be looking at that again today.

Some townies are townier than others, and some townies are more gullible. I'll try not to fall for that business.

I'm pretty positive either you or Tammo are scum, if not both of you.

Then why did you? And how did you 'know'? Personally, I was certain we'd caught a scum.

I suppose I phrased that wrong; 'I had a feeling she was town' would be a bit more appropriate. I was back and forth a lot on whether or not to vote for her yesterday, and while it's true that I did vote for her in the end, I regretted that decision almost immediately.

I'm still no closer to figuring out who the scum might be, but I just had a horrible thought that I wanted to share right away.

When the time comes for us to vote, please make sure that you have discussed your options thoroughly before casting a vote. We're all assuming that there are two Not Loyal among us, right? If only one Loyal casts his vote for another Loyal by mistake, all the two scum will need to do will be to quickly bandwagon on that vote and the day will be over -- and the game too (figuratively of course).

So yeah, no rash decisions and tentative votes today, please. :cry_sad:

I'm still no closer to figuring out who the scum might be, but I just had a horrible thought that I wanted to share right away.

When the time comes for us to vote, please make sure that you have discussed your options thoroughly before casting a vote. We're all assuming that there are two Not Loyal among us, right? If only one Loyal casts his vote for another Loyal by mistake, all the two scum will need to do will be to quickly bandwagon on that vote and the day will be over -- and the game too (figuratively of course).

So yeah, no rash decisions and tentative votes today, please. :cry_sad:

Well, who is on your list? Admitting suspicions will give us more to work from.

Amy was Loyal!? I thought we'd finally gotten another scum. :sceptic: And Cornelia, too. :cry_sad:

For what it's worth, here are my quick thoughts on everyone:

Petra - Most suspicious. Changed her vote last minute to Irena, etc. As well, she's been high on many Loyal, deceased suspect lists.

Fuschia - Seems fairly straight-headed, aside from her suspicion of Amy yesterday. Doesn't seem like scum to me.

Rupert - I don't know. :sceptic: While speaking up more than me, he does seem to be flying under the radar somewhat. Not sure if he's scum, though.

Tammo - Also seems fairly trustworthy. Helps come up with theories, though he could be trying to distract us.

Petra - Most suspicious. Changed her vote last minute to Irena, etc. As well, she's been high on many Loyal, deceased suspect lists.

Let me assure you, I am loyal. I simply haven't been applying myself as well as I could. Particularly, the bickering with Dragana was quite pointless.

Unfortunately, so far, everyone's been so focused on the people out front, and for the most part, that's been a huge mistake. I really am thinking Rupert or Tammo is the best choice today. They haven't been helpful, and have consistently voted wrong.

Unfortunately, so far, everyone's been so focused on the people out front, and for the most part, that's been a huge mistake. I really am thinking Rupert or Tammo is the best choice today. They haven't been helpful, and have consistently voted wrong.

I would point out that there's been only one opportunity to vote 'right', and I have already explained ad nauseam why I voted for Amy on that day. Not knowing who was scum, I voted for whom I thought was the most suspicious.

Let's not forget that you changed your vote inexplicably on that day. I said yesterday that I thought you or Amy were scum. Amy, it transpires, wasn't.

As to who the other scum might be, I think Tammo or Richelle is most likely. Tammo, who backtracks too heavily after voting for loyals (today is not the first time she's done it, if I remember correctly, but I will check); and Richelle, who speaks little and contributes less.

Well, who is on your list? Admitting suspicions will give us more to work from.

At this point, I'm suspecting all of you.

Petra, because you defended Irena when she was under fire,

Tammo, because your pro-activeness could be a cover,

Richelle, because you weren't of any help yesterday,

and Rupert, because I'm suspecting all of you. :tongue:

Seriously, Petra and Richelle seem like the most scummy to me, but I've been wrong before.

At this point, I'm suspecting all of you.

Petra, because you defended Irena when she was under fire,

Tammo, because your pro-activeness could be a cover,

Richelle, because you weren't of any help yesterday,

and Rupert, because I'm suspecting all of you. :tongue:

Seriously, Petra and Richelle seem like the most scummy to me, but I've been wrong before.

With my case, please consider who I was the days before this... I was acting cautious and paranoid beyond what was helpful to everyone. But, I am Loyal to this family. Always have, always will.

I suppose it's possible that Richelle, knowing Amy was innocent, didn't throw a vote down on her to show her "towniness".

I am at a loss of sorts, but I can say that if you vote me out, the family will be lost :cry_sad:

With my case, please consider who I was the days before this... I was acting cautious and paranoid beyond what was helpful to everyone. But, I am Loyal to this family. Always have, always will.

I hope you understand that that isn't really convincing.

I suppose it's possible that Richelle, knowing Amy was innocent, didn't throw a vote down on her to show her "towniness".

No, I just didn't really think Amy was scum.

Ok, I have been trying to work this out for half a day, trying to figure out who are the bad guys here. The strongest clue I have is Petra's dubious voting pattern and apparent connivance with Irena. It's not much, but I doubt there will ever be anything else.

Therefore I vote Petra Steinenthaler (def).

Unvote Petra Steinenthaler (def).

Fascinating.

:devil_laugh:

Don't read too much into that vote of Irena. I voted for Irena after you, and before Amy. I think I was simply lacking confidence in myself and went with the crowd. On the other days, I didn't even vote at all! What was I thinking?!

Of course, good scum would not miss voting three out of four days like I did. It's too suspicious. Scum likes to be right in the middle of the pack, that is the best game play.

I'm leaning toward Tammo. He is the most 'middle' family member right now.

Lord, I wonder if we have any specials left. :cry_sad: Even if we manage to get this vote right, I'm not confident that we'll get the next one.

Alright, I've gone over what's happened the last few days, but I still can't make heads or tails of it. My gut says Rupert, but I'm still not sure...

Ok, I have been trying to work this out for half a day, trying to figure out who are the bad guys here. The strongest clue I have is Petra's dubious voting pattern and apparent connivance with Irena. It's not much, but I doubt there will ever be anything else.

Therefore I vote Petra Steinenthaler (def).

Unvote Petra Steinenthaler (def).

Fascinating.

:devil_laugh:

I think I understand what you were doing, and let me just say that I was only going to reply to call you a hypocrite for voting so early after you told us not to be rash.

After I voiced my vote, I studied all of your reactions. You were all around, it was a convenient time.

I don't know if Petra is scum or Loyal. All I know is that if she's Loyal, scum will flock to vote right after me and end the day. If she's scum, there will be no quick reaction.

One of you turned to one other, had a secret conversation, was about to say something. Seeing that Petra might be in danger, I unvoted her. The person stopped before we had a chance to hear what she was going to say.

Want to guess who I'm talking about?

Scum likes to be right in the middle of the pack, that is the best game play.

I'm leaning toward Tammo. He is the most 'middle' family member right now.

Are you stupid or something? By that definition of 'middle', Rupert should still be high on your list.

After I voiced my vote, I studied all of your reactions. You were all around, it was a convenient time.

I don't know if Petra is scum or Loyal. All I know is that if she's Loyal, scum will flock to vote right after me and end the day. If she's scum, there will be no quick reaction.

One of you turned to one other, had a secret conversation, was about to say something. Seeing that Petra might be in danger, I unvoted her. The person stopped before we had a chance to hear what she was going to say.

Want to guess who I'm talking about?

Richelle possibly? I was also going to say something, but like I said before, I was going to accuse you of being scum for voting so early.

Are you stupid or something? By that definition of 'middle', Rupert should still be high on your list.

He is on my list. I put both of you there in the first thing I said today. The thing that puts you a little higher is that Rupert started the vote on Amy yesterday, which is a less 'middle' thing to do. There was a lot of suspicion about her floating around, so it would be a safe vote for scum to start...

If I were scum, and I wanted to seem pro-active, starting a vote on Amy would be a safe way to take action.

But, still, Tammo is the absolute middle of the pack.

I too saw Fuschia vote, and wondered what the hell she was doing. As she herself said, we mustn't get this wrong.

So what did you discover? We need to be open about this, if we want to get it right. Or are you just playing us all for fools?

Rupert was the one who reacted strangely to my vote. What were you about to say when you saw me accuse Petra? And what made you change your mind and stop in your tracks?

Vote Rupert Spalkowa (Rufus).

Tomorrow the surviving Loyals should give a thought at lynching Richelle. She's the one Rupert turned to when I cast my vote. It's interesting to see that she replied so quickly to my voting/unvoting Petra when she normally barely says a word all day. Maybe someone poked discreetly her into action?

Rupert was the one who reacted strangely to my vote. What were you about to say when you saw me accuse Petra? And what made you change your mind and stop in your tracks?

Vote Rupert Spalkowa (Rufus).

Tomorrow the surviving Loyals should give a thought at lynching Richelle. She's the one Rupert turned to when I cast my vote. It's interesting to see that she replied so quickly to my voting/unvoting Petra when she normally barely says a word all day. Maybe someone poked discreetly her into action?

While I too suspect Rupert, this is still no way of finding a scum. You've pretty much set up a situation in which anyone who relies after you vote is bad, which makes you look extremely scummy in my eyes. That coupled with the fact that I've had a very strong gut instinct that you're scum since Day 1 almost seals it for me.