XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I'm really impressed with all the new and exciting things included in the Clone vs. droid battlepack. New Arf, awesomely detailed Arc, commando droids, and a neat artillery unit, THIS SET IS AWESOME!!! The other one That has peeked my interest is the Jedi Starfighter, I'm not 100% on it yet, but I'm definitely gonna be watching it now. The last one I'm looking at is the escape pod, but thats only for the storm troopers so it might not be worth it.

The Interceptor looks great. Minifigures are also great, but Obi-Wan looks a little... odd.

Hopefully that's the first of many Interceptors to come.

So, looks like the ARC's pauldron and kama are both cloth. The pauldron I can live with, but it's really annoying that the kama is cloth when we've got plastic versions before.

There might be hope though. Rangefinders (and other Clone accessories) are never packaged individually, so we'll probably get a bag of Clone gear as well.

They might also be in red, considering the red rangefinder. :classic:

And finally, those sandy Sandtroopers are great. I might just have to buy two of the Droid Escape set.

This just made my day! The new Jedi Interceptor set looks absolutely fantastic, as do all the other. The new Gunray... ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The new Anakin is fantastic as well (printing galore!), as is the new Obi-Wan Kenobi. Do we know where it will be exclusive to yet?

My wallet will be empty for most of next year!

Tell me about it, my wallet has already started to grow into my thigh muscle from too much stress :laugh:

Lego continue to impress me with the minifigs. I didn't think I would be picking up many of these new sets, now it looks like I will be getting most of them :p

I'm over the moon about all these new sets, I'm so impressed with both the sets and especially the minifigures. I'be been pretty clear on buying all the OT sets of the line, but I assumed I would be able to ignore getting the new Jedi Interceptor as it seemed to be another Clone Wars set, but as it seems to be a revenge of the Sith, it'll fit in really nicely with Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle.

Along with the City sets, next year seems to be getting expensive for me right off the bat, unlike this year where many of the spring sets were not as interesting.

Damn..That green Jedi Interceptor looks like a beauty!

It's not clone wars, it has three amazing looking new mini figures, and the ship is a beauty! :wub:

That's a win!

The 1.5 phase clone commando looks very nice as well as everything else! :wub:

I was only going to buy OT Lego, but it seems LEGO knew and is trying to draw me back! It's working! :laugh:

Updated the first post with these hi-res images! :sweet:

Looks like this will be the first time I'll be buying the whole line-up of a SW wave, all of them appeals to the OT and CW fan in me, and thank goodness there are no "Meh! sets" like last year's T-6 shuttle, Bounty Hunter Gunship, and Mando BP. And looks like TLG's move of putting additional figs (4 each) on these sets will work wonders for them as they really make these line-up very enticing to get.

:wub: :wub: :wub: Definitely diggin' the new Anakin, Obi-Wan, and C-3PO minifigs! :cry_happy: I was hoping so badly for a decent Anakin minifig... But if the side of his face with the black eyes is supposed to represent his good side, I think that it's not quite well.

Is it me or are C-3POs eyes printed?

I do believe that the eyes are printed! That is truly awesome, although it will make all the previous protocols look way less cool.

I missed the previous droid escape set so I'm excited to get this new one even if it does seem REALLY over priced.

that's not the ral nexs though..... I am GEEKED for the Eta-2. The only way it could get better is if it was an all black "Sith Version" for the newly cyborg'd Vader .... That said, the green is amazing, the wild eyed, sick w/guilt and jealousy/overcome by the darkside AniVader head is DAMN nice. Throwing in the final duel Mustafar platforms is just icing on the cake!

The interceptor is hot! Anakin looks evil and true to his movie counterpart. The other new figures are great as well.

The clone battlepack is good, but I'm still disappointed about the Arc trooper, it's hard to make a squad for army purposes if they all look the same... It's not like it's a generic soldier.

WOW!!!!!! :sweet: the jedi interceptor looks justs incredible,Anakin and Nute are stunning and the fighter great

I love the battle packs so much with the cloth clone gear and the new minifigs,the rest is good too, a good wave.

I don't see the planet sets,geonosian cannon and still no Y-WING :angry: hopefully more pictures and news to come.

Edited by North Lego Star

A thought hit me while drooling over these pictures again. When rumors of the winter sets first started hitting a month or so ago, wasn't the Jedi Interceptor rumored to be a Special or Limited Edition set? But in these pictures it doesn't say that anywhere on the box like all previous Special and Limited Edition sets have. So does anyone know if this is still going to be a store exclusive or is it going to be part of the main line-up and available at all stores?

The Interceptor turned out really great. I think this design improves in about every way I wished for. The X-wing now looks... really good :laugh:. I am surprised but I think the clearer pics help the set a lot. The engines keep looking a bit small but the additional detail help them come out more prominently. Also, the laser cannons are now longer and way better this time around. The wings seem to be able to fully close this time around. Really happy with what I can see. Now, where is that Y-wing?

Hot damn! *oh2* All of these sets look FANTASTIC. In my opinion, this year sets were kinda "meh" for me and the only ones I bought were the battle packs and V-Wing. Now I see this lineup and I want to buy every single set. All of the designs and figures are completely fresh, no hint of any staleness that may have been present in recent years.

I know people say this every year, but 2012 is definitely one of the highlights for Star Wars Lego, between these pictures, the planet sets and the rumored summer list.

This poor art student just got poorer.

-Derek

Hmm. Any reason why they made the Interceptor green and not yellow?

You could read 145 pages of this forum to find out :wink:

But basically, it's because Anakin rode a green one to Mustafar

Hmm. Any reason why they made the Interceptor green and not yellow?

Because they figured people wouldn’t buy another yellow one?

Nice Large HR images of some of the new SW sets without the watermark in my Brickshelf folder.

Warning pictures are 2000+ pxl.

On second thought I may as well link'em BS is taking forever to clear folders these days! :sceptic:

9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack

b_9488_box_side_800.jpg

s_9488_scene_800.jpg

9489 Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack

b_9489_box_side_800.jpg

9490 Droid Escape

b_9490_box_side_800.jpg

s_9490_scene_800.jpg

9492 Tie Fighter

b_9492_box_side_800.jpg

s_9492_scene_800.jpg

9493 X-wing Starfighter

b_9493_box_side_800.jpg

s_9493_scene_800.jpg

9494 Anakins Jedi Starfighter

a_9494_box_front_800.jpg

b_9494_box_side_800.jpg

c_9494_detail_1_800.jpg

h_9494_anakin_1_800.jpg

i_9494_anakin_2_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

Yup, it's The Padawan Menace.

I think we've got a dedicated topic on it somewhere.

Glad to see it in a different language than English.

That means we'll be seeing it all over and not only in the US.

HERE

Nice Large HR images of some of the new SW sets without the watermark in my Brickshelf folder.

Warning pictures are 2000+ pxl.

Neads to go public! hope Kevin does it soon!

Ooooooh! :wub:

Ok, the sets in my view

X-wing Looks good, better than the old one, Porikins looks great. Buy

Clonewars battle pack The minifigs look good. Buy 1 or 2

Endor battle pack Yay more commandos. Buy 2 or 3

TIE fighter Minifigures look great and the design is really good putting the old TIE fighters to shame. Buy 1 or 2

Jedi interceptor Design looks reasonalbe, the new anakin looks better than the clone wars one :laugh: . Gunray seems the real prize but with the othe sets it depends on my wallet. probale buy

Geo cannon I need some geos and gree looks good, its a wallet if. Might buy

Bespin planet set LOBOT!!! Buy

Edited by Jedi master Brick

First post has been updated with the new pics grogall has found and shared.

Yay, a big thanks to grogall for these crispy pics. :thumbup:

The closer i look at 9490, better i like the set. The dirty Sandtrooper printis utterly awesome!

Good to see that TLG did recolor the Endor BP tree thingy. I guess they would do well with my Kingdoms sets, too. :classic:

We can already see that there will be a bunch of dreaded stickers. I'll really never like them. Hope that this has (a reduction) effect on the pricing.

On the BPs: Despite their attractiveness, i cannot see anything to justify more than 15 euros for them.