XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I've not been thinking about a 4" Rancor. Personally, I'm thinking more along the lines of the 8962 Crystal King, with molded head/torso and brick-built appendages. That means they could get the scale about right while being cost effective. And you could stick a figure in his gob. Maybe.

That set was AWFUL! I could barely stand to see the horrible, unposable appendages. Eventually I just scrapped it. I don't want to do that to my Rancor! :sceptic:

I think that something along the lines of what we saw in the Padawan Menace would do the trick. Anything else just wouldn't look right. :sadnew:

Well after seeing the new T-rex from the new Dino line, I think a Rancor around the same size is not out of the question at all.

Am I the only one who is really pissed that the 2 Geonosian Warriors were dropped for 1 and a crappy Geonosian zombie drone. :thumbdown:

First post has been updated with latest info and pics.

Well after seeing the new T-rex from the new Dino line, I think a Rancor around the same size is not out of the question at all.

Am I the only one who is really pissed that the 2 Geonosian Warriors were dropped for 1 and a crappy Geonosian zombie drone. :thumbdown:

Good for those who's already purchased the Geonosian Fighter, got wings for the warriors and the new variation Zombie. And I'm not pissed at all, I love zombie :laugh:.

Not sure how much I like that SNOT. Why not use this? Then again, the wings would probably interfere with the hinges being able to open to remove or insert an astromech.

The droid socket sits just forward of the engines, so there wouldn't be any interference.

what if Jabba's palace turns out to be CW? and we get an animated Jabba :laugh:

Edited by Macoco

Well, you've just managed to ruin this rumor for everyone. :laugh: I really, really hope not. That Rancor wasn't shown in the CW. (unless I'm wrong?) At least, we'd get than friggin' awesome 'V' printed translator droid, possibly Greedo, and even Sy Snootles.

Then again...Boushh, Boba, Han, Slave Leia...I'd still prefer an OT one. But I'm glad you brought that up.

Ah, please don't shock an old man to death! *oh2*

But fun aside, i have been lurking and checking frequently. Up to now i didn't want to comment on wild rumors. Now that KimT went a step forward to confirm, i take the things more seriously.

Overall, there's quite a lot of the winter wave i can consider to buy. Endor BP is a safe 'get thrice at minimum' for me. :wink:

In general i like bigger sets more than 'generic' smaller ones. Still, the set collection isn't the worst for an OT fan.

Of the summer wave, Jabba's Palace is virtually preordered for me already. :wub: I definitely expect a bigger set for this.

Not owning an X-Wing yet, the new one will fly to my home at full throttle as well.

I like the new prints of some minifigs (3-PO, Porkins, Sandtroopers legs etc.)

I can imagine to get a few of the planet sets just out of curiosity. That's nothing to be taken serious in any way, imo.

Well, you've just managed to ruin this rumor for everyone. :laugh: I really, really hope not. That Rancor wasn't shown in the CW. (unless I'm wrong?) At least, we'd get than friggin' awesome 'V' printed translator droid, possibly Greedo, and even Sy Snootles.

Then again...Boushh, Boba, Han, Slave Leia...I'd still prefer an OT one. But I'm glad you brought that up.

hehehehe :innocent:

I do think an OT one could be great with the figs you mentioned, as long as we get a printed arms/legs Boba so he is different from the Slave 1 fig. Also TLG don't forget he wears a green cape in Jedi. :snicker:

Edited by Macoco

Just checked out 9494 on that German toy store website - double side Anakin head :wub: - looks like this will be my son's birthday present next year...he :wub: that scene from ROTS ! :grin:

Plus for the purist's it's NOT CW ! :laugh:

Oh, yeah the new ARC troopers look just AWESOME, neat cannon too ! :grin:

All of these pics are AWSOME! The new ARC :wub:

Anakin is amazing! I'm upset that they have used the CW hair for both Anakin and Obi-Wan, but the faces and the figs in general make up for that! I love the alternate faces, even if the evil one kinda just looks like he is high.

The new Stormtroops are great! I can see many Tatooine (or just battlefield) based MOCs in the future thanks to these two guys! Also, 3P0 is really great!

I'm upset there were no up close pics of Obi-Wan or Gunray. I'm really happy they have done the continuation of the Jedi tunic onto Anakin's legs. I've thought that they have needed to do this for a long time.

Thanks for the pics!

:wub:

Copying and uploading to our flickr in seconds.

Thanks Oky!

Wooot! Printed legs on the clone in the BP and the awesome printed legs on the stormtrooper in Droid Escape - pure win.

Lemme just deeplink those pics.

6244907358_968a828366.jpg

6244387085_1142cf4e19.jpg

6244907054_1d62bd55f7.jpg

6244906756_f71e539f86.jpg

6244906336_8281fd4538.jpg

6244906046_ff40cb7c16.jpg

6244385517_869378f6d8.jpg

6244904968_37ab4398d4.jpg

6244904700_260d403e2a.jpg

6244384141_57e9f7cbba.jpg

6244903882_c4ff1a0693.jpg

6244383465_71321cd5a9.jpg

6244383045_435e3c7998.jpg

To see the better resolution of the pics, visit our flickr

:wub_drool:

Thanks, Oky! Droid Escape is a definite buy. I would buy it just for the Stormies. Everything else is a bonus.

The site wouldn’t let me embed the image for whatever reason, so I reuploaded it to my Brickshelf folder:

9494.jpg

The wings of the new Eta-2 appear to be one stud wider and one stud longer than those of the previous rendition – that should help the overall proportions. It’s slightly disappointing that the gaps around the cockpit bulb have gotten larger, though. The new ion cannons don’t look as good as the old ones, but that’s a quick fix, and in any case black lightsaber hilts are nice to have. (It's about time I gave Vader one in the right color. :tongue:)

And then of course there’s the inevitable full socket, as well as the fact that the cockpit interior appears to be completely yellow. :wacko:

EDIT: KimT beat me to it.

No printed headset this time. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by fallenangel309

and in any case black lightsaber hilts are nice to have. (It's about time I gave Vader one in the right color. :tongue:)

Personally, I think that nothing beats the look of the chrome hilts.

Taking a closer look, is that the same graphic of the three pursuing TIE/lns on the T-65 artwork as the one on 6212?

Taking a closer look, is that the same graphic of the three pursuing TIE/lns on the T-65 artwork as the one on 6212?

The image is mirrored and the colors subdued, but yes, it appears to be the same one.

Wow! *oh2*

These pics are fantastic! I am very impressed with how the Clone/Droid battle pack came out. Colored rangefinder, cloth gear, and loads of printing! Hopefully the colored rangefinder will lead to colored vizors ect. for those like Cody who need them! I'm disappointed, however, by the fact that a clear support is needed for the cannon thing to stand...

The printing on the Sand troopers is impressive. I'm of too minds on the dirt however. It's a bit too much for my tastes. C-3po's new printing is growing on me, in high res, it looks pretty good! The escape pod is...nothing special, but not horrible/bad either...

The Tie fighter looks great. Not much to comment on though as we've had good pics of this set for a while now...

The X-wing looks pretty good: detailed engines, more refined than the previous version, still not perfect though. Not sure what those white things are right below the cockpit on the sides are. They were added after the preliminary pictures, so this is a minor change from what we'd seen previously...

Wow! First clear pics of the Jedi Interceptor! I'm hoping that they fix the problem that Obi's (most recent one) had: where the cockpit would flip open when turned upside-down. I'm still curious to see how they've incorporated R2 and how much he interferes with the sleekness of the ship. Looks like Ani and Obi get they're CW hairpieces, but brand-new faces and torsos (and printed legs for Ani) and Gunray gets a ROTS revamp with a colored version of his CW headdress....

Looks like we've got a bunch of goodies coming this winter! I'm just curious as to why they had the Jedi Interceptor (an exclusive), but not the Geonosian Cannon which we've seen pics of all along. I really want to see what they've done to Barris (in other words: should I pick up the Swamp Speeder, or wait for her CW rendition if it's not too horrid...), Gree (who looks great!) and the Geonosians (Zombie vs. Normal. There seemed to be a slight difference in pattern in the last pics, and their wings also seemed slightly different too...)

The X-wing looks pretty good: detailed engines, more refined than the previous version, still not perfect though. Not sure what those white things are right below the cockpit on the sides are. They were added after the preliminary pictures, so this is a minor change from what we'd seen previously...

I’m not sure, but I believe those are the slopes from 7877 in white. The white things below those are what I thought were flick-fire missiles (to represent the proton torpedo launch tubes, which is a fun improvement over 4502) but which now appear to be minifigure cups, faucets, or even telescopes.

This just made my day! The new Jedi Interceptor set looks absolutely fantastic, as do all the other. The new Gunray... ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The new Anakin is fantastic as well (printing galore!), as is the new Obi-Wan Kenobi. Do we know where it will be exclusive to yet?

My wallet will be empty for most of next year!

:wub: :wub: :wub: Definitely diggin' the new Anakin, Obi-Wan, and C-3PO minifigs! :cry_happy: I was hoping so badly for a decent Anakin minifig... But if the side of his face with the black eyes is supposed to represent his good side, I think that it's not quite well.

Is it me or are C-3POs eyes printed?

Edited by johnnyvgoode

I really like these sets a lot more than I thought I would! My favorite set is definitely the cw battle pack, I just love the arc and new arf troopers as well as the commando droids, but I have one question: Does the Arf trooper have a rifle?

EDIT: do I see a new piece on the legs of the cannon?

Edited by halomaster96

Man, I was on the fence for most of these, but now seeing the high-res photos I WANT THEM ALL! I thought the Clone Trooper battle pack was going to be an easy pass for me, but those two clones! :wub: And I'm a mostly OT guy and I still want those clones!

I give TLC major props for actually giving us a new Nute Gunray. They could have easily just repacked the old one and called it a day, but no, he's all new!

So what I'm saying is that all my money is going to be gone again next year.