XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

The desert skiff was a standalone system in the past, it isn't surprising they would make another. I doubt theyd revisit Tattooine in the planet sets so soon as well, lots of other planets to make.

Like Hoth. Oh wait the 30th anniversary of ESB is over. Why wouldn't they revisit Tatooine? To them, it's a matter of selling stuff. And face it, people would buy more Tatooines for some rare figure. Plus, the PT is coming out in 3-D, not the OT, so why put so much stuff from the OT in 2012. I, personnaly, would rather have AOTC sets over another skiff.

The 'fig with the Twin-Pod Cloud Car is LOBOT! If it was a Bespin Guard, he would be BLUE!

Well, Cloud Car pilots have white uniforms with some yellow here and there. It is still likely Lobot, but I'd rather have the pilot since Lobot will likely be included in a future CC set whereas a pilot would probably not.

Like Hoth. Oh wait the 30th anniversary of ESB is over. Why wouldn't they revisit Tatooine? To them, it's a matter of selling stuff. And face it, people would buy more Tatooines for some rare figure. Plus, the PT is coming out in 3-D, not the OT, so why put so much stuff from the OT in 2012. I, personnaly, would rather have AOTC sets over another skiff.

I think if they wanted to revisit planets, they would have have planets be a random grab bag of figures/vehicles to sell more of them in the first place. Maybe they will go back to sell more, who knows. I just don't think its likely but the planets are new so there's no history to fall back on what TLG will do. Just saying the skiff has been done as a cheap set before, and with the Droid Escape set coming out it's more likely were getting a small 20-25 set for the summer.

As for the lack of PT sets for the 3D rerelease, that puzzles me as well. I expected a lot more. We do know Queen Amidala will find her way into some set this summer though.

Edited by StoutFiles

Well, Cloud Car pilots have white uniforms with some yellow here and there. It is still likely Lobot, but I'd rather have the pilot since Lobot will likely be included in a future CC set whereas a pilot would probably not.

As for the lack of PT sets for the 3D rerelease, that puzzles me as well. I expected a lot more. We do know Queen Amidala will find her way into some set this summer though.

Somehow I'm beginning to suspect that our Queen is going to be in an eclusive. Maybe she is the builder of UCS R2-D2? Hey, they have done it before in Toy Story! :hmpf:

I wonder if the Felucia and Old Rebublic Starfighter are CW.

I highly doubt TLG would ever do 2 EU sets in a single wave. I think they are going to be featured in the upcoming CW season.

I wonder if the Felucia and Old Rebublic Starfighter are CW.

I highly doubt TLG would ever do 2 EU sets in a single wave. I think they are going to be featured in the upcoming CW season.

There is also the chance they are just stand-in names at the moment. The "old Republic" was a period many, many years before the CW. I hope they are CW sets.

"I find your lack of CW sets in 2012, disturbing".

You're setting a disappointing precedent by saying that everyone should "get over it" when voicing dissatisfaction with a set decision. I think we have the right to complain about a set just as much as we praise a good set.

That's nice and all, but I will continue to voice my displeasure with elements of a set like anyone else. I will not "get over it", and am frankly offended that a moderator would want to silence any conflicting viewpoints. It's my opinion, and I'm welcome to voice it when the topic is brought up. I'm not the only one who doesn't like certain sets (far from it) and I'm not the only one who questions TLG decisions from time to time.

So now you're offended? *huh*

Slow down please - I did use an emoticon to indicate that the sentence was said with "a smile".

I don't think I've ever said not to complain or censored people who did. - I'll leave the judging of that to the

members.

How can I set a dissapointing precendence by telling you to "get over it" with a smile? It's not like I'm all over the place telling people to "get over everything", am I?

I do NOT take lightly though that you claim that I "would want to silence any conflicting viewpoints".

That's a little too much martyrdom and I'll have none of that here please.

You're not a victim - you just forgot that not everything written on the net is meant as an offence.

This is our hobby - remember to act and treat it accordingly - it's all just fun and having a good time.

You're entitled to your opinion - so is everyone around here.

I've always appreciated discussion and argumentation - I actually dislike when we (the community as a whole) are too kind to each other, telling each other that a MOC with 3 different 2x4 bricks is "A supercool Death Star it just needs a little work!" :laugh:

The list is more like this:

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader: Dutch Vander, R5-F7 and Princess Leia

How did you get these minifigs?

'Mr Man's list starting 8 January sets contain four ANH sets, one ROTS, one ROTJ and two CW.....though it's the release of Ep.1 in 3-D...odd ? :wink:

There is a thing called timing and Lego Star Wars seems to be out of timing with film/TV releases ? :wink:

Besides, the Y-wing we haven't seen yet so if it's true....it will be TRU for sure ! :laugh: (just a guess :blush:)

xxxx Jabba’s Palace?

I hope it will include a new printed Jabba and Gamorrean Guard(s)

I hope it includes this:

rancor.jpg

That would be great if it had this!!

Jamie

I hope it includes this:

*Rancor Piccie*

That would be great if it had this!!

Jamie

Something tells me LEGO won't miss an opportunity to give us a Rancor this time... :wink:

Like this.

From a play perspective, putting in R2D2 sideways doesn't seem quite as annoying as having to remove his legs. Either one is a compromise, so it's not like that is really "more" accurate.

I've noticed some things about the new ARC Trooper fig that I'm curious about:

His pauldrons are not the same as Palpatine's shoulder pads, so what are they? They look to be a new cloth piece.

What is on his back? It looks like one of those clip parts, but does he have something else back there?

His antenna is red. Is this just prelim? (I believe it is not, but just unsure)

Something tells me LEGO won't miss an opportunity to give us a Rancor this time... :wink:

I hope not! I really like the design of the Rancor in the pic before! But, at the same time, I wouldn't mind one that is brick-built either:

rancor_face.jpg

Which do others perfer, brick-built or molded?

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

It'd be molded in several parts similar to the Hoth Wampa but bigger. Having something as complex as the Baron's Rancor would cost A LOT. Too much for a production set. Still, I love the Wampa. Very curious as to what a LEGO Rancor might look like in the same style. Hopefully find out soon.

Edited by pedro

It will probably be molded. I can't wait for pics of Jabba's Palace. :classic:

I concur. The TLG guy said there was something in the '12 line that can't be missed, and won't be seen again. My guess is a large molded Rancor.

I got it. (These are just in my head right now) Kamino w/ Slave I & Jango...

I like the thinking there!

Something tells me you are going to be dissapointed. The only possible way for a Rancor is if:

A. The set is Home 1-esque, with the throne room and the Rancor pit side-by-side.

B. The set is a UCS, which is highly unlikely considering that TLG never makes more than 2 UCS per year, and we already have news of those.

So the most likely is A., but the Rancor would probably be molded with the new Dino wave's articulation system.

From a play perspective, putting in R2D2 sideways doesn't seem quite as annoying as having to remove his legs. Either one is a compromise, so it's not like that is really "more" accurate.

It’s less about the position of the droid than how it affects the rear fuselage. Artoo’s legs are bulkier in LEGO than they should be, so attempting to fit all that in results in an oversized droid socket and/or gaps. By removing the legs, you get a better approximation of how big the droid ‘should’ be relative to the ship and are thus able to more accurately represent that area.

Edited by fallenangel309

Something tells me you are going to be dissapointed. The only possible way for a Rancor is if:

A. The set is Home 1-esque, with the throne room and the Rancor pit side-by-side.

B. The set is a UCS, which is highly unlikely considering that TLG never makes more than 2 UCS per year, and we already have news of those.

So the most likely is A., but the Rancor would probably be molded with the new Dino wave's articulation system.

Um...I'm failing to see why those two reasons are "the only possible way" to include a Rancor.

If TLG wants to include a Rancor, they'll do it. There's no requirement to include a Rancor pit or make it a UCS set in order for that to happen. Although, I wouldn't argue one bit about the second option. :wink:

Edited by The_Chosen_1

I agree with The_Chosen_1, just look at the Hoth Wampa Cave. :classic:

It’s less about the position of the droid than how it affects the rear fuselage. Artoo’s legs are bulkier in LEGO than they should be, so attempting to fit all that in results in an oversized droid socket and/or gaps. By removing the legs, you get a better approximation of how big the droid ‘should’ be relative to the ship and are thus able to more accurately represent that area.

The legs can be kept and still have a similar look:

post-11254-131856455921.png