XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Loving the lot.

The Battlepacks (especially the Clone Wars one) are awesome. Finally, a Battlepack vehicle I won't just cannibalise for parts! That cannon looks like something I'd actually keep around.

X-Wing looks different enough from the 6212 that I'd probably pick one up... or three.

TIE Fighter is the improvement we always knew was coming.

Geonosian Cannon is probably the weak link here. It's one of those sets you'll probably just pick up once and only for the minfigs. The cannon looks forgettable.

I got it. (These are just in my head right now) Kamino w/ Slave I & Jango. Geonosis w/ Solar Sailer & Dooku. Coruscant w/ Something & Palpatine. Thats not that unbelievable right now with the new Lobot.

The new sets look awesome but for yet another X-wing and Tie fighter. Getting very bored with Lego releasing the same old ships with slightly newer pieces! :sceptic:

The new sets look awesome but for yet another X-wing and Tie fighter. Getting very bored with Lego releasing the same old ships with slightly newer pieces! :sceptic:

Better X-wings and TIE fighters than this rubbish.

Edited by fallenangel309

Better X-wings and TIE fighters than this rubbish.

I totally agree ! :grin:

I have an answer to the problem of the astromech.....rotate R2's head 90 degrees...done his visual sensor is then forward. :wink:

great to come back here when fresh pics have been released. Battle packs have some great figs included, will definitely mean multiple purchases. The Geonosian cannon looks a lot better than some of the pre-lim pics aswell.

Looks like some of the new planet sets is what Jedi news was referring to, at least series 2 has a better set of figs included.

I totally agree ! :grin:

I have an answer to the problem of the astromech.....rotate R2's head 90 degrees...done his visual sensor is then forward. :wink:

His visible legs would still be the wrong way. If we turn the pilots head 90 degrees it doesn't change the direction he's sitting.

I'm more surprised that Fallen supports this change. I feel like TLG could work this in correctly if they cared more about it. Putting him in sideways is the easy way out.

His visible legs would still be the wrong way. If we turn the pilots head 90 degrees it doesn't change the direction he's sitting.

I'm more surprised that Fallen supports this change. I feel like TLG could work this in correctly if they cared more about it. Putting him in sideways is the easy way out.

:laugh: Get over it.

It's a toy and the whole Star Wars Universe is nothing more than a mere fantasy.

If it annoys you that much, then MOD it and show us how you think they should have done it.

How come the first post hasn't been updated? These pics don't have the 'confidential' stamp on them, so shouldn't they be in the first post?

:laugh: Get over it.

It's a toy and the whole Star Wars Universe is nothing more than a mere fantasy.

If it annoys you that much, then MOD it and show us how you think they should have done it.

You're setting a disappointing precedent by saying that everyone should "get over it" when voicing dissatisfaction with a set decision. I think we have the right to complain about a set just as much as we praise a good set.

The fuselage could stay roughly six-wide (closer to seven, but...) if the 45-degree slopes on the sides are SNOTed and tiles are placed to cover up the legs of the Astromech.

And the helmet of the ARF seems to have a shorter visor and no fin on the back.

That's because the ARF is basedc on the season 4 look, and not the season 3 look. This is obvious because in season 3, these ones didn't have stripes on their arms, but in S4 and on the mini-figure, they do.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110616180948/theclonewiki/images/c/c9/Phase2wolfpackclones.JPG

You're setting a disappointing precedent by saying that everyone should "get over it" when voicing dissatisfaction with a set decision. I think we have the right to complain about a set just as much as we praise a good set.

I'm with KimT, it is a toy and as much as we love them, they do a great job in getting these sets out when they are working under the constraints of deadlines and budgets.

For every one AFOL that doesnt appreciate how they have done it there will be a thousand kids that love it.

If we're not happy with stuff then we can mod our own. It may have sounded a bit harsh but it is the truth.

Okay, now I have compiled the 'official' set list.

First wave 2012:

Anakin's Jedi Interceptor

Y-wing

X-wing

ARC Trooper vs. Commando Droid BP

Rebel vs. Stormtrooper BP

TIE Fighter

Naboo Pilot and Naboo

Sebulba and Tatooine

TIE Fighter Pilot and Death Star

Second wave 2012:

Jek Porkins, X-Wing, and Yavin 4

AT-ST Pilot, AT-ST, and Endor Moon

Lobot, Twin-pod Cloud car, and Bespin

Felucia Fighter (I'm assuming that this will be from TCW S3 Felucia episodes)

TOR Fighter(Unlikely)

AT-ST(Planet set, see above)

Twin Pod Cloud Car (Planet set, see above)

Saesee Tiins Jedi SF

Jabba's Palace

Desert Skiff

Unknown

Unknown

So, the total is:

OT: 10

CW:3

PT:3

EU:1

Unknown:2

For a grand total of: 17 sets.

Edited by darthnihilius

I'm with KimT, it is a toy and as much as we love them, they do a great job in getting these sets out when they are working under the constraints of deadlines and budgets.

That's nice and all, but I will continue to voice my displeasure with elements of a set like anyone else. I will not "get over it", and am frankly offended that a moderator would want to silence any conflicting viewpoints. It's my opinion, and I'm welcome to voice it when the topic is brought up. I'm not the only one who doesn't like certain sets (far from it) and I'm not the only one who questions TLG decisions from time to time.

I will not "get over it", and am frankly offended that a moderator would want to silence any conflicting viewpoints.

I don't think he would actually "force" you to be silent, he put this emoticon: :laugh: before his sentence, after all.

But I do agree that despite LEGO sets being toys, there are things they could easily improve without problems with the budget/deadline. The cannons of the snowspeeder, for example, should have been replaced with a brick-build solution ages ago (I have no idea why they changed the '04 design); the way R2 is placed inside the X-Wing, however, isn't as important as something as visible as the cannons, so I understand why TLG didn't make this as accurate as possible. You can't expect them to get everything right, at least the shape is improved and the cannons are finally long enough.

Edited by Emperor

I'm wondering if this "Felucian Fighter" might be sort of like the "Battle of Naboo" and "Battle of Geonosis" sets from this year, but much larger, and with more vehicles/figures etc depending on size.

Although, if it is a big ship, maybe it is this Trandoshan one:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110321234308/starwars/images/e/e6/TrandoshanCruiser.jpg

I do believe that the name will change in future though, as there is no record of any Felucian Fighters so far. This either means it will be in S4 of CW, or that it is a stand-in name for something from the finale of S3. Preferably the latter for me...

Okay, now I have compiled the 'official' set list.

First wave 2012:

Anakin's Jedi Interceptor

Y-wing

X-wing

ARC Trooper vs. Commando Droid BP

Rebel vs. Stormtrooper BP

TIE Fighter

Naboo Pilot and Naboo

Sebulba and Tatooine

TIE Fighter Pilot and Death Star

Second wave 2012:

Jek Porkins, X-Wing, and Yavin 4

AT-ST Pilot, AT-ST, and Endor Moon

Lobot, Twin-pod Cloud car, and Bespin

Felucia Fighter (I'm assuming that this will be from TCW S3 Felucia episodes)

TOR Fighter(Unlikely)

AT-ST(Planet set, see above)

Twin Pod Cloud Car (Planet set, see above)

Saesee Tiins Jedi SF

Unknown

Unknown

So, the total is:

OT: 8

CW:3

PT:3

EU:1

Unknown:2

For a grand total of: 15 sets.

Jabba's palace ? desert skiff?

The list is more like this:

Wave 1 (Winter 2011)

9489 Endor Battle Pack: 2 Rebel Troopers, Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper

9488 Clone Wars Battle Pack: 2 Commando Droids, ARC Trooper, ARF Trooper

9490 Droid Escape: C-3P0, R2-D2,2 Sand Troopers

9491 Geonosian Cannon: Geonosian Warrior, Geonosian Drone and Commander Gree

9492 TIE Fighter: Death Star Trooper, TIE Pilot, Imperial Officer, and R5-J2

9493 X-Wing: Luke, R2-D2, Porkins, and R5-D8

9494 Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Interceptor: Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, Nute Gunray, Mustafar Droid, and a Security Battle Droid

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader: Dutch Vander, R5-F7 and Princess Leia

Wave 2 (Summer 2012)

xxxx Desert Skif:

xxxx Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter: ?

xxxx Felucian Fighter: ?

xxxx The Old Republic Starfighter: ?

xxxx Jabba’s Palace: ?

Others (UCS Games etc)

3866 Battle of Hoth LEGO Game: ?

10227 B-Wing Starfighter: ?

10225 R2-D2: ?

Planets Sets

9674 Naboo Starfighter: Naboo Pilot

9675 Sebulba’s Podracer: Sebulba

9676 TIE Interceptor: TIE Pilot

9677 X-wing Starfighter: Rebel Pilot

9678 Twin-Pod Cloud Car: Lobot

9679 AT-ST: AT-ST Trooper

Edited by Mr Man

The list is more like this:

9489 Endor Battle Pack: 2 Rebel Troopers, Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper

9488 Clone Wars Battle Pack: 2 Commando Droids, ARC Trooper, ARF Trooper

9490 Droid Escape: C-3P0, R2-D2,2 Sand Troopers

9491 Geonosian Cannon: Geonosian Warrior, Geonosian Drone and Commander Gree

9492 TIE Fighter: Death Star Trooper, TIE Pilot, Imperial Officer, and R5-J2

9493 X-Wing: Luke, R2-D2, Porkins, and R5-D8

9494 Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Interceptor: Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, Nute Gunray, Mustafar Droid, and a Security Battle Droid

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader: Dutch Vander, R5-F7 and Princess Leia

xxxx Desert Skif:

xxxx Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter: ?

xxxx Felucian Fighter: ?

xxxx The Old Republic Starfighter: ?

xxxx Jabba’s Palace: ?

3866 Battle of Hoth LEGO Game: ?

10227 B-Wing Starfighter: ?

10225 R2-D2: ?

9674 Naboo Starfighter: Naboo Pilot

9675 Sebulba’s Podracer: Sebulba

9676 TIE Interceptor: TIE Pilot

9677 X-wing Starfighter: Rebel Trooper

9678 Twin-Pod Cloud Car: Bespin Guard

9679 AT-ST: AT-ST Trooper

Damn! I forgot the UCS and the game. But you put all the 'figs, which makes the list WAY too long. Also, why won't you people listen! The 'fig with the Twin-Pod Cloud Car is LOBOT! If it was a Bespin Guard, he would be BLUE! And the fig with the X-wing and Yavin is either Jek Porkins or a Rebel Pilot, not a Rebel Trooper!

Edited by darthnihilius

Also, why won't you people listen! The 'fig with the Twin-Pod Cloud Car is LOBOT! If it was a Bespin Guard, he would be BLUE! And the fig with the X-wing and Yavin is either Jek Porkins or a Rebel Pilot, not a Rebel Trooper!

Opps :blush:. It's not not listening, I just forgot to change the list I wrote from the first one when we first herd the 2nd wave of planets rumours a few pages ago. So I edited my origional list OK :classic:.

Edited by Mr Man

Forgot those two, though Desert Skiff is probably a Series 3 Planet set. Updating.

The desert skiff was a standalone system in the past, it isn't surprising they would make another. I doubt theyd revisit Tattooine in the planet sets so soon as well, lots of other planets to make.

It’s not so much supporting it as tolerating it. As I’ve stated multiple times, the decision to put the droid in this way has enough positive aspects that it’s acceptable.

Like this.

Agreed.

Thanks for these great new pictures.

I've been a bit dark on EB as of late, but I've been catching snippets of these upcoming releases and I'm generally impressed. I really like the range of host of new figures and the conventional boxed models (save from the battle packs) seem well thought out, accurate and with a nice compliment of minifigs. The ever dominant accuracy discussion is stills goes on of course but at the end of the day LEGO is LEGO and you can MOD 'til the cows come home. :classic:

I'm not really sold on the planets though. The idea of collecting plastic planets is great if you're buying one of each and intending to stick them on you wall or ceiling. But beyond that I don't really see the point. There's just not a whole heap of use/function in them. Originally, I thought they'd act as clever packaging, with the LEGO contained within... but... no. O well. A new Lobot sounds promising. :wink: