XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

We can't trust all of those planet sets....

... Endor was a moon :tongue:

So was Yavin IV. The Death Star is man made. It should just be "Large Circular Sets".

wow how funny Jedi News gives us a summer list

and two get confirmed with actual pictures a few posts later :laugh:

Overall we are still missing the Queen Amidala set and Captn Kirks "must have" maybe it is Jabba's palace? or another exclusive :oh:.

So was Yavin IV. The Death Star is man made. It should just be "Large Circular Sets".

Your right.....'That's no moon......it's a space station.' :wink:

The big question is we see six circular sets....what other planets (circular things) could Lego release in the future and how long for ? :wink:

I don't think so, the helmet would still be wrong for both of them :sad:

I know Dack Ralter never flew an X-wing (or did he?), but the helmet on the X-wing planet set looks like Dacks 2 blue Rebel logo markings on the helmet :sceptic:

Does this mean we will get Dack or a generic pilot?

Have a look at his helmet.

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

Your right.....'That's no moon......it's a space station.' :wink:

The big question is we see six circular sets....what other planets (circular things) could Lego release in the future and how long for ? :wink:

Well, there is Hoth with either a Snowspeeder and a Rebel Pilot or a AT-AT and a driver, Geonosis and a Gunship, Mustafar and Padme's ship with a pregnant Padme, Kashyyk with a wookie and a catamaran, Utapau and Grievous's wheelbike, and maybe some stuff from the CW (but hopefully the planet sets will stay strictly to the movies).

I know Dack Ralter never flew an X-wing (or did he?), but the helmet on the X-wing planet set looks like Dacks 2 blue Rebel logo markings on the helmet :sceptic:

Does this mean we will get Dack or a generic pilot?

Have a look at his helmet.

According to Wookieepedia, Dack did fly a T-65, replacing Bigg's spot in Red/Rogue Squadron.

And the double blue Alliance logo is the standard-issue helmet pattern.

Hello Chaps,

Looks like the Planets Set have the following mini figures.

Pod Racer - Sebulba

Naboo Fighter - Naboo Pilot

Tie Fighter - Tie Pilot

X-Wing - Jek Porkins (GREAT!)

AT-ST - AT-ST Driver

Cloud Car - Flesh Lobot (GREAT!)

2012 will be great for Original Trilogy Fans!

I hope for the mini figure for Hoth Planet will be Wes Janson (Wedge's gunner during Battle of Hoth) or General Rieekan. Cross my fingers.

Edited by Snowspeeder Pilot

Still hard to see the shoulder armor of ARF is cloth or actual piece. I really hope that's actual piece so that I can just buy a bunch of them and repaint whatever color to go with the squadron instead of changing arms like now :hmpf:.

Armor and Kama are cloth. The helmet looks much better than that one of the ARC painted in the catalogue. Although I'm still not convinced by the shoulder part, I have to admit that the ARC is pretty cute.

LSW is looking better than ever. I really like the minifigs in battle packs. The new X-Wing is a bit different than 6212, especially on the nose, but it looks good.

Those little planet mini sets look interesting as well. They may be well worth the price if they come with minifigures if Snowspeeder Pilot is right.

These look great. Wonder how they've turned up so early?

Anyhow, the female Jedi in the Geonosisan cannon set (Bariss Offee?) seems to have a dark blue cape and hood.

This looks good.

The escape pod set is my favourite, mainly because of my Stormtrooper fetish. It's about time TLG gave the stormies as much love as they give the Clones, even though in the films they're based on variation is minimal. It's a step in the right direction,though I'm hoping that there will be a set with standard Stormtroopers available soon- but with the printed legs so they match. Can anyone tell if the basic torso design has changed, or if it's just the most recent design with a few scuffs and whatnot printed on too?

Edited by Rocketbilly

I for one am certainly not impressed with these sets. These all look like half hearted efforts. I'm really hoping that the Mini X-Wing comes with Porkins, because it would give me absolutly no incentive to buy the larger model. And the escape pod still is completely unappealing. The summer sets don't sound much better, except for the Palace.

Armor and Kama are cloth. The helmet looks much better than that one of the ARC painted in the catalogue. Although I'm still not convinced by the shoulder part, I have to admit that the ARC is pretty cute.

I really wish TLG had went with cloth to begin with, other than plastic being more durable for "play".

Thanks ALOT for the pics! :cry_happy:

My overall opinion on those sets says we as AFOL's can be satisfied. Most of the vehicles are great, so are the figs. We see some improvided stormtroopers, new astromech droids and those six, sweet planet sets. I can't wait for the day I'll order the BP's and all the planet sets at one time. :moar:

My thoughts on those sets:

Droid escape: Great set. Two new stormtroopers and the espace pod itself looks so much better than the first one. Although most of us already have an army of R2-D2's, I don't blame TLG for including him in this set, as he just belongs in this scene. Not so sure about the new C3-PO though, I'll just have to see a more detailed shot of him.

Geonosion cannon: Sweet. Neat figures, nice cannon. Good to see the geonosians have their own blasters now.

X-wing Starfighter: Meh. The only one I don't really like. The X-wing is just too much of the same as the previous version. Why not a new B-wing instead? The new astromech droid is neat though. :wub:

TIE Fighter: Cool! Way better than the previous versions, very accurate and I really like the new cockpit piece. It gives you way more freedom when MOC'ing a TIE and doesn't limit your imagination as the first TIE cockpit piece did.

Endor battlepack: Sweet! I like the new Endor troopers and I can always use another stormie and scoutboy. And some foliage can't be wrong, right?

Geonosion battlepack: :drool: New clones? Check. New droids? Check. Armory included? Check. As for the droid's legs, I'll just replace 'em with regular dark bley droid legs.

Planet sets: Another '' :drool: ''. Very nice stuff. Easy way to get a new figure and some parts. I don't think I'm going NOT to buy any of them.

Edited by Hollander

Great to see final packing at last :thumbup:!!! I can't say I am terribly excited just yet. Sure, there are some really nice sets this wave but some of my most anticipated left me cold. The TIE Fighter re-design is clearly the top set of the January wave, it not only has great minifigures but is also the best looking in both, design and accuracy (Or as close as you can get to something like that in a LEGO set). The X-wing, in the other hand, is completely underwhelming. The whole ship doesn't improve much and is another lost opportunity to correct does horrificly sized engines. The designer decided to extend the overall wingspan and ship nose but forgot to re-size the engines. They now look even worse than the last issued. All the rest of the sets are good, especially the Droid Escape, which, although a small one, is a piece I would gladly buy in the correct price-point. Nowdayas, I don't buy sets with the same frecuency I used to do so; some members in these forums even know me from years now, but I have sadly grow apart from my original hobby :sad:. That is probably the main reason of why I am loving this little mini-ship concept. All of them look appealing to me and I will happily get them all, small collectibles that will keep me away from completely drifiting apart of a beloved hobby I once strongly supported. Just a last note to anyone who knew me years before I stopped posting frecuently; I didn't stop collecting LEGO SW because I don't like them anymore but, as the time passed on, new experiences and hobbies started to surface and the budget begun to shrink. I still visit Eurobricks every days, just to follow the latest discussions and of course to see how all of you guys are doing :wink:.

I think the Clone battlepack is a big win as it is, The clones look amazing and new droids are always cool, plus the little artillery unit is cute! :wub:

The Endor one is a little meh for my tastes, sure you get endor troopers, but a new speeder bike is so last year.

Droid Escape is okay I guess, I'm not a fan of just getting an escape pod as a set, but the two stormtroopers and the swoop bike kinda makes up for it. C-3PO's new torso reminds me a lot of the robot from metropolis

Genosian cannon, a pretty lame set in my opinion, partnered with some cool, yet forgetable figures, makes this a pass

Tie Fighter- Aesome! Will most likely pick it up if the budget allows

X-wing looks okay but I would need to see some up close pics to really see how much it's changed

PLanet sets look cool to, I'm mostly interested in the tie-interceptor, x-wing, cloud car, and maybe the AT-ST

I can't help but laugh that they actually re-made Droid Escape.

Oh well, I loved the original, so no complaints seeing a new one. Besides, it's nice to see a re-make of an obscure set rather than yet another AT-AT or the like.

I don't really buy SW sets anymore, so I probably won't be getting any of these. I'll have to see them out of the box and read/watch reviews.

Kalhiki

Do I see a new ammo clip piece in the endor battlepack?

If by "new ammo clip piece" you mean the same old binoculars we've had since the beginning of Lego Star Wars, then yes. :tongue:

I think that Lobot just convinced be to start collecting the planet sets.

I'm still hoping to see better quality pictures of the '012 sets before I pass any judgment, but I don't see any reason to complain. The rumored OT sets sound great, and well, I guess that's all I can at this point. While I loved how 6210 contained nearly the entire Carkoon battle in one box, having the skiff in a separate set makes me hope the next incarnation of the Sail Barge will be able a larger-sized model (so similar price point, but the sets entire budget would go to the Barge. I think I explained that right :wacko:)

*oh2* I just noticed the ARC Troopers leg is bent backwards! He has a new kama! Look carefully, and you will also see that his legs seem to be black or dark red with some white printing on the front. He is definitely the coolest clone fig yet! I wonder if his face will be special, like with stubble or anything, so as to distinguish him from basic troops?

SWEET !!! More than 3 planets already annouced. Hopefully more than 2 series will come out.

Can't wait to see August wave on pictures...

After looking at those boxes it looks like in reallity we will be getting 4 battle packs. The droid escape and Genosian cannon both have two goodies and two baddies just like the new battle backs and are in a similar sized box. They will contain more parts and will be a higher price but it still seems like a larger battle pack which I think is interesting. Also Ive noticed over the last few years we are getting more minifigs randomly thown in to sets for desirability and playability, not complaining though as I love the minifigs. :sweet:

So the list on Jedinews looks true then. I cant wait to see the Jabba's palace. This will be the most antisipated set since the Hoth Base but we are all hoping it will be much better.