XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Wow, thanks for the pictures, eos512 :sweet:

Loving the battlepacks even more, now.

And I'm thinking of getting the TIE fighter and the Escape Pod as well.

Also, the planet sets with the mini vehicles were supposed to contain minifigs as well, right?

Regards,

Mitch

More Planet sets!!!

9677 X-wing Starfighter & Yavin 4

9678 Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin

9679 AT-ST & Endor

Is that...Lobot I see in the Bespin/Cloud Car planet pack? :thumbup:

Also does anyone think that the Cloud Car and AT-ST listed in the new rumor list really meant these small planet sets and not actual sets? I mean, it would be weird for LEGO to release a mini-Cloud Car with Lobot and a System scale Cloud Car with Lobot at the same time, right?

Gosh, I want 4 sets and all those Planet sets already from Winter wave. This is a feeling I didn't have since... (walks away)

Cloud Car and Bespin and ... (Lobot, Bespin Guard?) = yay!

Then, the rumours for summer, well I always say, Jedinews was always correct. I said that pretty often already. I say it again.

Desert Skiff= need it

Cloud Car = want it

(I have those 2, but come on, we have 2012 then, they gonna be sweet!)

AT-ST = I take a look, I am happy with the one from Endor

Jabbas Palace = Listen, TLC. Look at the sales numbers numbers for Endor and Echo Base. Both 100€. Look at the sets. You get it? No? Look again. Yep, there you go. One is terrible, the other one great. And now get me a nice Palace, will you??

Thank you very much for these pics, eos512, and for this information, nrg! :classic:

TLG did a good job with giving the tree in the Endor BP finally a brown and not a grey color. :thumbup:

I'm really disappointed that the Cloud Car will only be a Planet set and not a regular set. :sadnew: Nevertheless at least we have the chance to get a Bespin Guard.

Combining all this, I think the OT fans under us can await following sets for summer 2012:

9677 Planet set: X-Wing Starfighter & Yavin 4 Rebel Trooper - 9,99 Euros

9678 Planet set: Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin Guard - 9,99 Euros

9679 Planet set: AT-ST & Endor Rebel Trooper - 9,99 Euros

xxxx Desert Skiff - 26,99 Euros

xxxx Jabba's Palace - 149,99 Euros

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

9677 Planet set: X-Wing Starfighter & Yavin 4 Rebel Trooper - 9,99 Euros

9678 Planet set: Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin Guard - 9,99 Euros

9679 Planet set: AT-ST & Endor Rebel Trooper - 9,99 Euros

Cloud Car has Lobot. If it was a guard the minifig uniform would be blue. There's just a generic pilot with the X-wing.

Cloud Car has Lobot. If it was a guard the minifig uniform would be blue. There's just a generic pilot with the X-wing.

Jek Porkins is with the X-Wing. Look at his face :wink: .

Looks like I jumped to conclusions with the sets. :blush:

Right, so the Cloud Car, AT-ST and a previously unknown X-Wing are actually the next wave of planet sets. It's not too exciting though, just like the Y-Wing, another lost opportunity to get a Cloud Car or possibly-new AT-ST.

If that actually is Lobot, then that does hint towards a Cloud City, but that's not the best way to create a Cloud Car Army. :tongue:

Thanks for the pics eos512 :thumbup: I was already looking forward to the planet sets - now I'm totally hyped by them :grin::grin::wub:

Talkin' about the Planet sets.

I think darthnihilius means the x-wing in the planet sets and the face does look a bit Porkins-ish on these pics but the helmet is just generic which makes me doubt that it is him. Shame.

Any chance the pilot could be Biggs or Wedge? We really need an updated version of both of them.

I don't think so, the helmet would still be wrong for both of them :sad:

Wow, this C-3PO looks more accurate! :wub: It even has the wiring on its torso... Now we only need a chrome version of it. :grin:

Love the new astromech droids. Unbelievable: I decided to concentrate my spending on minifigs, and I'm still on red numbers. :wacko: And it looks like next year is not going to change that. :laugh:

I don't think so, the helmet would still be wrong for both of them :sad:

They're probably keeping it blank to build our hopes up! :thumbup:

And then the final pictures come out and it's Zev Senesca.....

.......again :cry_sad:

OK, so I think it's safe to assume that the Cloud Car and Endor AT-ST from the Jedi News list are the Series 2 Planet sets that we see in these new pictures. I don't think we'll be getting Minifig-scale version of these vehicles since we just had an AT-ST in the Endor Battle set, and I don't think they would release a cloud car in the same wave as the Desert Skiff since they're sets of approximately the same size.

Either way, we're getting a new Lobot, and that's all I need to know! :sweet:

Still hard to see the shoulder armor of ARF is cloth or actual piece. I really hope that's actual piece so that I can just buy a bunch of them and repaint whatever color to go with the squadron instead of changing arms like now :hmpf:.

They're probably keeping it blank to build our hopes up! :thumbup:

And then the final pictures come out and it's Zev Senesca.....

.......again :cry_sad:

"This is Rogue Two. I've found it. Repeat, I've found it."

"Yeah, the Death Star is pretty big Zev."

"Cut the chatter!"

Still hard to see the shoulder armor of ARF is cloth or actual piece. I really hope that's actual piece so that I can just buy a bunch of them and repaint whatever color to go with the squadron instead of changing arms like now :hmpf:.

No it uses the same cloth pieces from Palpatean :thumbdown:.

Loving the rumored sets! Ever since that Padawan Menace movie, I've been thinking there'd be a Jabba's Palace. Lego does like to put sneak peeks into the short films. I doubt we'll get tons of aliens to fill it though, normally a big set like that covers the main characters (Jabba, Leia, Han, etc) and fills in with only one or two obscure characters (like Wald in the Podracers set). I think we'd get something like Jabba, Leia (Boushh or slave), Han w/ Carbonite, Bib Fortuna, Gammorean Guard and a Rancor (If we're VERY lucky). With the Skiff get different figures such as Luke, Lando, another Gammorean and some form of other alien; since four seems to be the going rate of minifigures for a $25 set. If the Skiff is built simply enough, maybe the Sarlacc could be included. Regardless, I'd love to see this theme explored; it's always been one of my favorites.

If the Series 2 Mini and the rumored Cloud Car aren't the same I'm guessing it'll have Lobot with it as well....though, one could really hope for a Lando :wink:. If you follow the way they're releasing the Planet Minis, most of them are current or pre-existing Minifigure scale sets already, and include a figure from that set (probably to save on costs). It's very much the same way the Polybagged sets are released.

I'm still holding out for the Queen's Starship, though it seems like it'd be released as an Exclusive. It's the kind of set that's not popular enough amongst kids (since they ARE the target audience) to see a normal retail release, but could really thrive as an exclusive at LBR stores.

Edited by Artoo Detour

Lego....you cheeky you-know-what's....series one and two planet sets, if it works for the collectable minifigs and you can find a way to stick it to Haspro do it ! :laugh:

Remember Lego lost to Haspro in court over the minifig saga 10 years ago because they figure packs without any building - now you build a micro-spaceship....ah, problem solved ! :grin:

So that means a new series of sets, might buy some for just the figures and chuck the parts into my spares boxes. :wink:

Those pics are great!

Now, for my thoughts:

Escape Pod: Awesome! I could tell this set was gonna be great! 3P0 looks nice with an updated torso, and the Stormies look fantastic! My only gripe with this set is the swoop bike looks a bit squished and small.

Geonosian Turret: Better than I had expected! Gree looks really great, and so does... well, all the other figs! :laugh: The canon itself is a major improvement from 2003's version.

X-Wing: I must say, my least favourite of the wave. It only has a few minor changes. Unless there is some great unseen improvement, it just seems OK. As for the R4 unit :wub:

TIE Fighter: Wow! What an improvement! It looks perfect, and the cockpit screen doesn't jut out or anything! Also, with all those great figs (well, they would all be new to me), how could I not get this!

BPs: These BPs have great figs, but OK builds. The ARC is by far (at least for me) the star of the wave! :wub: Also, those Commando Droids look really great and will be an awesome addition to my Sepparitist army. As for the Endor one, it is nice to see a new version of the Rebel Commando, but other than that, I could probably build the set myself. That being said, I will probably get two of each set (I'm one of those army builders who is really unhappy if I have uneven groups of soldiers, so I would need two ARCs and two new Rebels.)

Planet sets: These are just really cool. I will get all of them, just so I can have the planet itself. The ships are cool, and some of the figs are really great (particullarly Lobot and the new AT-ST driver).

Overall, this wave is gonna be better than I had thought! :thumbup: