XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Well according to Jamie Berard it's just red :sceptic:

I'm saying that maybe they have a new mold in the works, but when they made these pics, they hadn't even gotten as far as mold prototypes, and all they had were stand-ins, made from bricks already in production.

I don't know if everyone's seen the Jedi Interceptor, so here's a link: http://imgur.com/34fZi

This looks like a good set - a vast improvement over the 2005 versions, mainly because R2 can fit in the wing without being decapitated :laugh: It also looks to include the floating platforms that Obi-Wan and Anakin duel on!

What I don't understand is... why is it green? Last time I checked, Anakin's Interceptor was yellow :wacko: And the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures look to be the Clone Wars versions *disapointment*

Edited by George G.

I don't know if everyone's seen the Jedi Interceptor, so here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzF1Lhvw8Fg&feature=related

This looks like a good set - a vast improvement over the 2005 versions, mainly because R2 can fit in the wing without being decapitated :laugh: It also looks to include the floating platforms that Obi-Wan and Anakin duel on!

What I don't understand is... why is it green? Last time I checked, Anakin's Interceptor was yellow :wacko: And the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures look to be the Clone Wars versions *disapointment*

You might want to check that video link there, buddy!

You might want to check that video link there, buddy!

I sorted that, I was showing that video to my brother earlier and must have missed when I clicked "copy" on the interceptor link. :tongue:

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but the link directed me to Taaj from Come Fly with Me, stating his favourite films in "reversalogical" order :laugh:

Try it now :blush:

I don't know if everyone's seen the Jedi Interceptor, so here's a link: http://imgur.com/34fZi

Old news. The color was explained a long time ago.

As linked to above, the colour is green because Anakin had a green interceptor while going to Mustafar. Also, the Clone Wars figs are just place holders for the newly designed figs that will actually be appearing in this set.

Honestly, this set and the escape pod are the only sets that really stand out for me in this wave.

Honestly, this set and the escape pod are the only sets that really stand out for me in this wave.

I find the Escape Pod to be a rather shallow set- especially seeing as I already have the old Pod. The new 3P0 is ugly, making the only reason to buy it is to get some dirtier Sandtroopers. It's a pass for me.

I find the Escape Pod to be a rather shallow set- especially seeing as I already have the old Pod. The new 3P0 is ugly, making the only reason to buy it is to get some dirtier Sandtroopers. It's a pass for me.

But you should remember that these are only prelim pics :)

There's a difference between a stand-in and a prototype. The former is just made up of existing pieces in whichever color the designers had handy, I believe.

Correct they often use pieces in different colors that already exist as stand ins, they also can use clay as we have seen for really rough prototypes.

Well according to Jamie Berard it's just red :sceptic:

I have heard otherwise. But red is definitely the most common.

In the background of the picture, can I see Anakin and Obi wan's fight in ROTS?

I can't wait for these sets to come out!

Oh by the way the video is still broken. :P

Jedi News has an article which has what it claims is a very preliminary list of SW sets for August 2012. I have never heard of anyone having a list this far out, so take this with a massive grain of salt.

Desert Skiff

Cloud Car

Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter

Felucian Fighter

The Old Republic Starfighter

AT-ST Endor

Jabba’s Palace

Link to article:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/

Old Republic Starfighter? Is this attached to the MMO game or a hint of whispers about future Star Wars Movies to come? Who knows?

Edited by djmangunz

Jedi News has an article which has what it claims is a very preliminary list of SW sets for August 2012. I have never heard of anyone having a list this far out, so take this with a massive grain of salt.

Desert Skiff

Cloud Car

Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter

Felucian Fighter

The Old Republic Starfighter

AT-ST Endor

Jabba’s Palace

Link to article:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/

Old Republic Starfighter? Is this attached to the MMO game or a hint of whispers about future Star Wars Movies to come? Who knows?

All of those sets sound possible, except for the Felucian Fighter and the Old Republic fighter. Jabba's Palace would be nice. Other thatn that, tis list isn't that impressive. Hopefully there will be more, better sets closer to the release.

The fact that none of those sets would realistically include Queen Amidala makes this sound less plausible to me.

But then again, maybe TLG is planning for it to be an exclusive and is doing a remarkably good job of keeping it secret after showing the minifig off at SDCC. I haven't seen an incorrect list on JediNews yet, so...

Desert Skiff - Perhaps a new Sail Barge on the horizon? Please, make it wider and PLEASE include a Skrilling and/or Weequay.

Cloud Car - Last time they made this Cloud City wasn't far behind. Foreshadowing? Please give us Lobot and a CC pilot.

Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter - Good for the Starfighter collectors.

Felucian Fighter - Meh.

The Old Republic Starfighter - Really? Ugh.

AT-ST Endor - We still have those on the shelves! AT-ST pilots are rare, though.

Jabba’s Palace - Needs Jabba, Bib, Rancor, and some rare aliens. Please don't throw in the whole gang. If you must pick a Leia, give us her Boushh disguise. Please don't design this set like Hoth Echo Base.

If these are right, I hope we get an updated cloud city Lando and Lobot. Jabba would be great if they gave him some printing, also, give me a Twi'Lec dancer.

Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter - Good for the Starfighter collectors.

I hope it will be an Eta-2 instead of the unoriginal, uninspiredly-designed Delta 7B shown in TCW. :sick:

250px-SaeseeTiin%27s_Delta7B-CR.jpg

I hope it will be an Eta-2 instead of the unoriginal, uninspiredly-designed Delta 7B shown in TCW. :sick:

[snip]

I first thought of his modified Delta-7. But that's not very likely.

As much as I am pleased by the fact that The LEGO Group is releasing small sets again (Weequays! :tongue: ), I find it unusual that Jabba’s Palace appears to be the only large set of this line. Unless the ‘Felucian Fighter’ and ‘The Old Republic Starfighter’ turn out to be $60+ each...

The Old Republic is italicized, so my guess is that the set will feature a new fighter from the game, which seems like an unusual move for The LEGO Group considering how past attempts (7672, 8087) were received. It may even be one of these...

We’ve had quite enough of those! :laugh:

Hopefully the predicted Eta-2 will be this one...

Tiin_fighter.jpg

New astromech prints are always welcomed, are they not? :grin:

We’ve had quite enough of those! :laugh:

Hopefully the predicted Eta-2 will be this one...

Tiin_fighter.jpg

New astromech prints are always welcomed, are they not? :grin:

Yeah, and since the CW series is already shifting to Phase II, and with the upcoming release of Anakin's Eta-2, it makes it more plausible for TLG to release Saesee's green one. And a yellow astromech sounds good. :sweet:

Yeah, and since the CW series is already shifting to Phase II, and with the upcoming release of Anakin's Eta-2, it makes it more plausible for TLG to release Saesee's green one. And a yellow astromech sounds good. :sweet:

But Anakin's Eta-2 that's being released is green(prelim pics already out). Can't imagine they would release 2 green Eta-2 in 2 consecutive waves to sit on the shelves simultaneously?

Clanure

The list sounds pretty plausable.

Cloud Car - Looking forward to this since set design has come a long way since the last one. Hopefully we'll see a new Lobot or Bespin Guard. A new Leia would be nice too since the Bespin Gown figure needs an update and the Bespin Escape version has yet to be made, and somehow I doubt the inevitable Cloud City set will give us both versions. Bespin Lando will probally be saved for a future Cloud City set.

Saesee Tinn's Starfighter - not much to say other than it follows the trend of a new JS each year. New astromech to look forward to, another Tinn and hopefully a new character like Adi Gallia. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't she and Jocusta Nu the only 2 Jedi left that haven't been done yet?

AT-ST Endor - Meh. We got one not long ago in the Battle of Endor set. Really depends on how much different it is from the last one and what comes with it. Last time we got Chewbacca so hopefully this will come with an AT-ST driver. A new Ewok would be nice, or an updated version of one of the main heroes.

Desert Skiff and Jabba's Palace - Like TPM sets this year I expect these to give us all the core characters rather than random aliens. Since the palace will probally have an average of 6 standard minifigures my predictions are Luke, Boussh Leia, Bib Fortuna, Oola, a Gammorrean guard and Chewbacca. The skiff will likely come with Han, Lando and Boba Fett - if we're lucky a weequay guard too. I'm guessing a rancor will also be included this time - something along the lines of the Wampaa and Hulk figures. Slave Leia will probally be saved for a future Sailbarge set.

About the Queen Amidala figure, I'm betting she'll be in the Toys R Us exclusive for 2012. They're always getting a big set exclusive in the second half of the year and seeing how there's no flagship vehicle in the list (like the Falcon, Turbo Tank, Gunship etc) chances are it will be the Royal Starship or a Trade Federation vehicle. I just can't see Lego releasing 2 big playsets in the same wave but no big vehicle.

But Anakin's Eta-2 that's being released is green(prelim pics already out). Can't imagine they would release 2 green Eta-2 in 2 consecutive waves to sit on the shelves simultaneously?

Clanure

Yeah you're right, I forgot that the upcoming Anakin's Eta-2 will be green (I always think of his Ep.III yellow one), so I guess Tiin's will be of a different color scheme. Their possible appearance in TCW series will probably shed some light on the color changes.

Hmm, plausible. But a Felucian Fighter? Old Republic Starfighter? I don't even know what those are referring to.

I was initially hoping that we'll see some of those Felucians from The Force Unleashed, but it's more likely that they'll be those turtle-like ones in the series.

I'm not sure what the Old Republic Starfighter is, but I hope it's this:

RepublicStarfighter-Timeline6.jpg

And maybe it'll include Republic Troopers! :classic:

As for the others, they sound good. I'll probably skip the AT-ST, unless if there's a difference or if there are Ewoks included.

The standalone Cloud Car does seem to hint towards Cloud City, because it's a bit odd by itself. Either way, it's very early for this news to surface.

Edited by Delta 38

Wow! New 2012 LEGO Star Wars Summer sets! :cry_happy: All of these seem plausible. Hopefully we get a Weequay or two with the Desert Skiff and a redesigned Lobot in the Cloud Car. Jabba's Palace is the one to watch out for. Question is: Is it a Battle of Endor or a Hoth Echo Base? :wink: