XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Again,sorry I'm just getting impatient.

Dose anyone know if the Phase 1.5 cone trooper will have a closed visor or an openned one?

Lego will have to change the 7655 molds anyway since the Clone Troopers simply can't see through the helmets because the position of the hole in the helmet is too high, so it doesn't match with the position of the eyes of the head. Of course they could use black studs to solve this problem, but I don't think that this will happen.

Since it will be a Clone Wars set, and since the ARC Troopers are clones, and since it can be seen as certain that Lego will use printed Clone Trooper standard heads, and since an "open visor helmet" would make visible parts of the printed standard heads which is simply not the way how ARC Troopers (or other Clone Troopers) look in the TV show, I'd say that it is quite reasonable to expect helmets with a "closed visor".

I'd suppose the probability that they will make helmets with an "open visor" to be as high as the probability that the sun won't rise tomorrow: of course we can't totally exclude the possibility that it won't happen, but due to everything we know, that's not how the universe functions.

To me, the more interesting question is how they will make the helmets fit to the armor: will the armor be integrated like the Snowtrooper's backpack is integrated into the helmet, or will they find another solution. If they found another solution the breathing tubes of the helmets will have to be more horizontal because otherwise it simply cannot be combined with an armor. But more horizontal breathing tubes seem to be a significant change of how the helmets look; I suppose that the significant parts of the helmets will be smaller and closer together. All in all, this seems to be an interesting problem, and I'm looking forward to see the solution.

Edited by Brickadeer

As to your second point, I highly doubt that trends can be predicted based on two sets. You could just as easily say that LEGO releases new Republic Gunships every six years, because one came out in 2002 and another in 2008. You just can't jump to that sort of conclusion. Besides, why don't you count the Republic Cruiser in 2007, the System Tantive, and the recent Republic Frigate? I'm sure we would all love another capital ship, but there is no rumor of it and no evidence to go by.

I agree, the only logic order of releasing the same kind of sets was in the BP's, with OT vs. PT and CW.

Not that we'll get both OT and CW BP's in one year means there isn't much logic left there either.

Lego will have to change the 7655 molds anyway since the Clone Troopers simply can't see through the helmets because the position of the hole in the helmet is too high, so it doesn't match with the position of the eyes of the head. Of course they could use black studs to solve this problem, but I don't think that this will happen.

Since it will be a Clone Wars set, and since the ARC Troopers are clones, and since it can be seen as certain that Lego will use printed Clone Trooper standard heads, and since an "open visor helmet" would make visible parts of the printed standard heads which is simply not the way how ARC Troopers (or other Clone Troopers) look in the TV show, I'd say that it is quite reasonable to expect helmets with a "closed visor".

I'd suppose the probability that they will make helmets with an "open visor" to be as high as the probability that the sun won't rise tomorrow: of course we can't totally exclude the possibility that it won't happen, but due to everything we know, that's not how the universe functions.

To me, the more interesting question is how they will make the helmets fit to the armor: will the armor be integrated like the Snowtrooper's backpack is integrated into the helmet, or will they find another solution. If they found another solution the breathing tubes of the helmets will have to be more horizontal because otherwise it simply cannot be combined with an armor. But more horizontal breathing tubes seem to be a significant change of how the helmets look; I suppose that the significant parts of the helmets will be smaller and closer together. All in all, this seems to be an interesting problem, and I'm looking forward to see the solution.

My guess is the heads will just be black, or will look like this:

6099619516_7232dd35aa.jpg

That'd mean they don't have to close the visors, but I think they will, to fit in with the regular CW Clones.

I think the armor will just be printed, and if they include pauldrons, they're probably plastic.

A backpack is accurat aswell, I hope that'll be loose from the helmet aswell, thought I don't see Lego doing two 'neck accesories' at once. Maybe we get to chose which we put om :tongue:

Lego shouldn't have a problem with designing the helmets, various customizershave made ARC 1.5's already.

My guess is the heads will just be black, or will look like this:

6099619516_7232dd35aa.jpg

I do not believe so.

In the original triology, the faces of imperial troopers were never revealed. This fact is reflected by the "black stud" policy regarding troopers of the OT. The current strategy of Lego, however, is to add more details to the minifigs. This strategy is reflected by the new TIE pilot: if I remember correctly, it is the first imperial trooper (OT) that has a real face. With this minifig, Lego clearly trancends the actual content from the OT and adopts to the demands of their customers.

In CW, the faces of troopers are displayed relatively often. Consequently, Lego used "real" heads right from the start and did never rely on black studs. Since the current strategy of Lego is to add more details, introducing black studs or semi-black studs would be quite a step back that is inconsistent with the overall strategy.

The ARC Trooper design will probably be a new helmet part with closed visor and antenna holes on the sides, so that the helmets are more in line with the Phase I TCW helmets. The backpack will be independent from the helmet. The two pieces are different colors and it would just tank playability for kids when their super kool ARK Trooper can´t even look slightly to his left without turning the entire body.

Another possibility would be that the backpack is made from regular pieces entirely. Sandtroopers and Endor rebels use this technique, I can see this work. Especially when the backpack looks exactly like the sandtroopers one.

OH! Sandtroopers get a release next year in the escape pod! As mentioned LEGO goes the realistic route so replacing the brickbuilt backpacks of the Sandies would be on their To-Do-list and when they can use the backpack on multiple figs it seems very likely that they do it.

Then the pauldron will be a cloth piece like the Sandtroopers have it because two plastic neck pieces are probably not going to happen.

also don't forgot the original 1999 EP1 Battle droids had brickbuilt back packs aswell which I still like to use on all my droids today.

I received my lego Shop catalogue today and found the Super Star Destroyer picture very interesting. Could gray colour B-wing and X-wings outlines be the rumored new sets? Something very similar happened like this with the old 10131 Tie Collection back in the very early days of Eurobricks if I remember correctly.

x-wing-b-wing.jpg

I received my lego Shop catalogue today and found the Super Star Destroyer picture very interesting. Could gray colour B-wing and X-wings outlines be the rumored new sets? Something very similar happened like this with the old 10131 Tie Collection back in the very early days of Eurobricks...

Good find! I think that's very good confirmation, although it's mostly confirmed anyway, that the b-wing rumor is true, along with the x- wing and y- wing. Can't wait for pics! :classic:

What eles could they put in the background fighting around the SSD? This is still not conformation for me but could be good news.

Surly it can only be days away now when we will see the first pics of the 2012 line. The suspence :cry_happy: .

I received my lego Shop catalogue today and found the Super Star Destroyer picture very interesting. Could gray colour B-wing and X-wings outlines be the rumored new sets? Something very similar happened like this with the old 10131 Tie Collection back in the very early days of Eurobricks if I remember correctly.

'snip'

Great find Mutley!

Also, they don't show the Y-wing and (correct me if I am wrong) Y-wings were in the Battle of 2nd DS.

So if Y-wings were in the Battle of the 2nd DS then....

...The Y-wing is not confirmed.

or

...The Y-wing was in that battle scene at the time :laugh: .

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

What eles could they put in the background fighting around the SSD? This is still not conformation for me but could be good news.

While that does sound logical, generally box art and promotional images like this don't really include anything in the background.

Though the X-Wings and TIE Fighters may just be generic ships, the B-Wing is interesting. It's been five years since the last B-Wing, so the reappearance is interesting. The grey silhouettes are also interesting, because you wouldn't expect that in normal box art.

This pretty much confirms the B-Wing rumour, I think, but it also seems to imply that the B-Wing will not be UCS.

This pretty much confirms the B-Wing rumour, I think, but it also seems to imply that the B-Wing will not be UCS.

While I agree that this is confirmation of the B-wing, the fact that there is only one and many of the Tie's and X-wings, also suggests that it is UCS.

While I agree that this is confirmation of the B-wing, the fact that there is only one and many of the Tie's and X-wings, also suggests that it is UCS.

LOL. While I want a new B-Wing as much as anyone else, this is a pretty flimsy reasoning to suggest UCS.

LOL. While I want a new B-Wing as much as anyone else, this is a pretty flimsy reasoning to suggest UCS.

As I've said before, we already know that it's a 10XXX number, which (taking into account he size of a B-wing relative to a minifigure) implies that it will be UCS. Nothing new with this box art.

I just found this on Brickwiki

60741710-2.JPG

I don't know wether it's real or not tough :hmpf_bad: probaly not. Sorry of it has been p[osted before in advance :wacko:

Edited by Brickviller

Well, 'Brickviller' we all saw that a week or so ago, and many of us say....FAKE ! (unless we hear from Lego it's real.....yeah, right ! :laugh: )

Well, 'Brickviller' we all saw that a week or so ago, and many of us say....FAKE ! (unless we hear from Lego it's real.....yeah, right ! :laugh: )

Thanks, I already tought that. The forum here is so large that it would take to much time for me to check every page to see if it was discussed :classic:

I just found this on Brickwiki

*Snip*

I don't know whether it's real or not tough :hmpf_bad: probably not. Sorry of it has been posted before in advance :wacko:

Yeah it's fake sorry :classic:.

This might help convince a few of the sceptics. The front of the magazine had next years Tie pictured on it! :thumbup:

falcon-tie.jpg

This might help convince a few of the sceptics.

Wait. People are sceptic that the TIE is being released? Did they think the comic con thing was a joke?

This might help convince a few of the sceptics. The front of the magazine had next years Tie pictured on it! :thumbup:

falcon-tie.jpg

What?! Of all the 2012 sets they could have pictured on the catalog, they put the TIE that we have already seen! :laugh:

Anyway, good find. And it's pretty late for still not seeing prelims. It should be any day now.

Wait. People are sceptic that the TIE is being released? Did they think the comic con thing was a joke?

No, the TIE's appearance on the front is proof that there are some hints to future releases in the catalog, which makes the speculation that the B-wing silhouette inside confirms the B-wing set more believable.

What I mean is this is not the first time TLC has shown a up and coming set in art work for present sets. As I said in the very early days of Eurobricks the 10131 Tie collection was first shown this way. Alot of members here won't remember that though. :classic: So the new X-wing and B-wing UCS will be in art work with the Super Star destroyer one day.

No, the TIE's appearance on the front is proof that there are some hints to future releases in the catalog, which makes the speculation that the B-wing silhouette inside confirms the B-wing set more believable.

I got the VIP catalogue today, too.

Initially i was a little sceptical about the silhouettes shown above being any hint at a future B-Wing. Since the two page wide pic of the SSD only shows fighting TIEs, X-Wings and one B-Wing in the background, i have come to the conclusion that TLG only shows items they are about to sell in the upcoming waves.

Personally, i would prefer a system B-Wing. I simply have no interest in an expensive UCS set without minifigs and play features.

EDIT:

x-wing-b-wing.jpg

One sidenote:

I just recognised one difference:

In the German version of the VIP catalogue, the starfighter silhouettes in the background are arranged differently.

The B-Wing being chased by two TIEs is below the SSD, the dogfighting Xs vs. TIEs are below, too, on the right of the minifig manifest.

Above the nose of the SSD there are two firing X-Wings.

Edited by Ki-Adi-Mundi