XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Hmm

XXXXX B-Wing Starfighter

and

XXXXX R2-D2

I don't know :sceptic:. The first is more likely but the second sounds a bit odd.

Still they sound better than a UCS Lobot :laugh:.

Edited by Mr Man

Considering the design of the craft in that area, I'm skeptical as to whether one would be able to incorporate a gear system while maintaining the shaping around the midsection. Pretty much every B-wing MOC I can think of uses click hinges as S-foils.

It seems "Ultimate" does not mean anything anymore today. :/

A B-Wing UCS MUST have a mechanism. Like a X-Wing, an Imperial Shuttle or an ARC would.

I don't care if it is hard to design. :o

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

Edited by Anio

UCS R2-D2?

Maybe they're bring back Lego Star Wars Sculptures?

My guess is that it will be a motorised R2-D2, maybe with some sound bricks.

Both sound nice but I probably won't bye either, I am o. The fence if these are true or not but I don't :Shrug:

Erm what?

Erm what?

I think what he is trying to say is, "Both sound nice, but I probably won't buy either one of them. I am on the fence if these are true or not, but I don't know".

PS: Last I checked, there is no ":Shrug:" emoticon :wink:

XXXXX B-wing? The detective novel guy was telling us the truth, right down to the set number. This makes the rumor (which seemed far-fetched at the time) at least a little more likely...

The list finally surfaced, I see. Not to the last number, but the most interesting set titles are out. Nothing else SW till 10231 (which is Shuttle Expedition already in sale), so I guess one of the SW sets could be in September 2012 (such as UCS IS last year) and one in November 2012 (such as Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter last year). This year's Executor is too expensive, so I guess that is why there will be only one SW UCS this year.

Edited by BudhaBoss

Well, check out this topic ! It says that the set numbers and names were removed by request from LEGO! I think that's some good evidence right there. Also, it says both sets are released January 1st 2012. Maybe that compensates for the fact that we aren't getting a second Exclusive for 2011?

Anyway, both of the sets don't sound interesting to me. The only UCS sets I have are the ISD and the Imperial Shuttle. Probably the only other things I would buy are a Venator, some kind of separatist frigate, a Nebulon B, a Rebel Transport, AT-TE, RGS, or, a UCS Republic Frigate. :wub:

Well, check out this topic ! It says that the set numbers and names were removed by request from LEGO! I think that's some good evidence right there. Also, it says both sets are released January 1st 2012. Maybe that compensates for the fact that we aren't getting a second Exclusive for 2011?

Anyway, both of the sets don't sound interesting to me. The only UCS sets I have are the ISD and the Imperial Shuttle. Probably the only other things I would buy are a Venator, some kind of separatist frigate, a Nebulon B, a Rebel Transport, AT-TE, RGS, or, a UCS Republic Frigate. :wub:

Yes, the "removed by Lego's request" is more or less direct confirmation that the sets are real. However I doubt that they'll be coming january first as I used google translate on the Brickshop.nl site, before the sets were removed, and the set descriptions said that the price and release dates were unknown so the january first 2012 date was just a placeholder.

I think the second exclusive was replaced by the MF. so we got plus one big summer set in place off another exclusive set...

Maybe MF was originally the E set but it was put to the summer sets , i think......

UCS B-WIIING !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::wub::thumbup:

Well seeing as the Super Star Destroyer Executor is not yet released then it would be very strange for TLC to also release a UCS B-wing this year too. Not impossable but I would bet for this to be a next year set. If it is confirmed of course! :laugh:

Youmay be right. I was thinking on the line of "last year we got two Ultimate sets, so why not", but it's also true that the B-Wing seems something that wouldn't fit into the 100€ range (like the overpriced JSF) due to its complexity.

I think the second exclusive was replaced by the MF. so we got plus one big summer set in place off another exclusive set...

Maybe MF was originally the E set but it was put to the summer sets , i think......

Wow, that's actually a logical idea! I never thought of that, but I was always wondering what the MF was all about, since it was a random and expensive 7th set in the summer wave, and we usually get 6. For now, I'm just going to assume that is the case.

Considering the design of the craft in that area, I'm skeptical as to whether one would be able to incorporate a gear system while maintaining the shaping around the midsection. Pretty much every B-wing MOC I can think of uses click hinges as S-foils.

They could use smaller gears in the wings and then put the larger gearing into the engine. It'd stick out a bit, but that's the only thing I can think of.

They could use smaller gears in the wings and then put the larger gearing into the engine. It'd stick out a bit, but that's the only thing I can think of.

i thought about extending the wing roots with lift arms and having a crank in the engine section to open and close the wings, gears just won't fit nicely.

Still they sound better than a UCS Lobot :laugh:.

I'd prefer a UCS Lobot myself.....Ok, I do realise that I'm probably in the minority on this one! :laugh: In all seriousness either of these sets sound great; I guess that we'll just have to wait & see.

Call me crazy, but I still don't think there's enough evidence to put a 'confirmed' stamp on any of them.

Crazy :tongue:

Mkay, please don't use the numbers for those rumored sets again.

I'd hate to have to "comb the desert" to swipe those 2 previously mentioned 2 sets' numbers in the 10XXX area.

So what about those rumors on a UCS B-Wing and R2D2 - you think they're reliable? :grin:

of course their reliable, Lego will release sets with those numbers it just depends on what they will be....

why can't we mention the set numbers have the Lego police called??

Maybe we nailed the correct numbers, and TLG asked to leave them alone just to stop Google from indexing them, and consequently "spreading the word" about the leak.

Yeah, I notice the number and name for the Kingdoms Joust set were removed by Bonaparte, too, so I'd say that's pretty good confirmation.

I say too little too late, but what's the harm.....this is the rumours page right ? :wink:

Just wondering if this UCS B-wing does come out :wink: would it have minfigs with it and if so which ones would be suitable ? :wink:

Call me crazy, but I still don't think there's enough evidence to put a 'confirmed' stamp on any of them.

The mist is clearing.......

I can see a big "I told you so" in your future....

:laugh:

I say too little too late, but what's the harm.....this is the rumours page right ? :wink:

Just wondering if this UCS B-wing does come out :wink: would it have minfigs with it and if so which ones would be suitable ? :wink:

I am thinking that the B-wing will include minifigures and the ones that should be included are Admiral Ackbar, Ten Numb, and maybe General Madine. Either way I am really excited for this set and am interested in how they will make the wings move. Hopefully it will use the same mechanism as the 10212 Imperial Shuttle. :wink:

Edited by Kitfistonator

My guess on the UCS B-wing will be the foils/wings locked in attack position, which would look fantastic as compared to it's normal flight/landing mode.

[snip]

:laugh:I thought I recognized that X-wing!

i thought about extending the wing roots with lift arms and having a crank in the engine section to open and close the wings, gears just won't fit nicely.

I was also thinking of that, but as I said, I'm not sure whether incorporating the function would be best for aesthetics. In this particular case, I would rather have click hinges and a nice-looking B-wing than S-foils operated by gears or lift arms and a B-wing with obtrusive lumps in the middle.

Unless The LEGO Group chooses the 'ridiculously cramped attempt at playset interior' route, I doubt we'll be seeing any minifigures with this since a minifigure-scaled B-wing wouldn't justify a UCS price point (unless it was on the level of RenegadeClone's, which is hardly likely). In wishing to maintain the integrity of the UCS line, I would prefer that no minifigures come with this set...

However, if this were to come with minifigures, possibilities include Ten Numb and Ackbar.

If the B-wing were to have minifigures, I would think a new B-wing pilot, and a rebel trooper seems reasonable..

If the B-wing were to have minifigures, I would think a new B-wing pilot, and a rebel trooper seems reasonable..

The thing is, I found it ludicrous that when 10221 was revealed, people were complaining about minifigures of all things.