XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Exciting news, the new droid top is a plus and I see a newer more accurate Death Star Helmet.

I find it really sad it took Lego this long to make the Queen Amidala fig (not counting the Padme in the podracer sets). But with all the wait, she looks wonderful.

-Omi

Yes! Brilliant!

A new Stanard TIE is one one thing I've actually wanted a re-vamp of for a long time, and that is beautiful! The set doesn't disapoint at all - lovely re-design with new printed cocpit, wings use light bley instead blue (finally!) and comes with a lovely selection of great figures :cry_happy:

Thats the most happy I've been with a new Star Wars set in a long time.. Will probably sell my 7263 (Had actually been looking to buy 2 more 7263's until now, I had nearly given up on new well done OT sets), and buy 3 of these new ones. The extra figs will go well into the death star :wink:

Ahhh.. Thankyou TLG!

New Queen Amidala too? :wub::cry_happy: If she is released in a Naboo Cruiser type set, Next year may be one of the best years for SW lego in a long time (to me) :wink:

Just as I was starting to 'get over' star wars lego, they finally ge their act together. I'm stoked! :sweet:

..Now they just need a UCS TIE and next year will be absolutely perfect :laugh:

Edited by Legoman

How do you know were getting Endor BP's?

I'm guessing that's the two sets he can't talk about.

Of course, you could always hint, right? Cold? Hot? UCS Lando?

The Tie and its minifigs look great. Although with 4 minifigs I'd expect it to be a little expensive.

So...So happy! :classic: I need to know what the other sets are though. No clone wars sets yet? Odd.... Thanks for the news!

-JPS97

What's strange to me about this is there is only going to be 6 sets in this first wave. Now don't we usually get 11 or 12? This is confusing me, are they trying to spread sets more over the year by dividing the traditional waves into two smaller ones so they have 4 launches? Or are they trying to wind down the SW line and ween us off it? Or is it just a mistake and they only have fully developed 6 sets? But that would be pushing it quite close to the January deadline I think. Hmm it's definitely something to think about... :sceptic:

What's strange to me about this is there is only going to be 6 sets in this first wave. Now don't we usually get 11 or 12? This is confusing me, are they trying to spread sets more over the year by dividing the traditional waves into two smaller ones so they have 4 launches? Or are they trying to wind down the SW line and ween us off it? Or is it just a mistake and they only have fully developed 6 sets? But that would be pushing it quite close to the January deadline I think. Hmm it's definitely something to think about... :sceptic:

I'm guessing there's more sets... including retailer exclusives... that Lego has yet to announce. Plus the Feb release of TPM/3D may have jumbled their release schedules; it did for Hasbro.

That Tie is certainly a big departure from any previous models. I really was expecting the old Tie with a new colour scheme and the same wobbly wings. I wonder if this version fixes that issue, and will the other Tie variants be released along the same design cues as this one? It's design almost seems to be a bit too chunky to be carried over to an Interceptor, although it could work for the advanced prototype.

As for the minifigures; Well they are always interesting to see and I am quite impressed with the new helmet for the DS Trooper. The previous one was wrong, being a AT-ST pilot helmet in black. And finally a new Amidala. And this time as the queen, something we've all been waiting for for a very long time. With all the costumes the queen had in the movies, a whole boxset could be released. Another Padme is long overdue and will be a most welcome addition to my collection if released next year. Theed Palace playset, anyone?

Queen Amidala BP FTW! :laugh:

I hope we get more clone based sets/vehicles. I've been getting into the clone army building and I'd like to up my arsenal as well. Also, more clone BPs would be just fine by me too. :sweet:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Wow. That TIE fighter is epic. I mean, I never thought I'd see something like that from LEGO. Except the cockpit ball definitely needs some work. Also, the new minifigs are great. I wonder what set Queen Amidala will come in. But I still hope for a little bit of Clone Wars, even though it's good to see that it isn't hogging the spotlight for once. And maybe it means that this summer we'll be getting AOTC sets? :look:

Either way, it's time to start a 2012 topic! :devil:

Edited by brickbuilder

So...does no one care that they made the new TIE wings much too thick? I mean, I like the look from the side, but the 2001 design is still more accurate than this design.

So...does no one care that they made the new TIE wings much too thick? I mean, I like the look from the side, but the 2001 design is still more accurate than this design.

I guess it's just you and fallenangel :laugh:

Seriously though, it just looks too awesome to notice, and it doesn't even look that bad.

My first thought was $50 as well. I think LEGO likes to shoot for 1 minifig for every $10 in price for larger sets, and on top of that you have to add the Star Wars mark-up. That would put it at the same price as the 6212 X-Wing, although that did come with 6 minifigs so maybe this will be a bit less.

I dont think I can add much here, other then a big thank you to everyone who brought us these pictures!

Im excited for the new figure designs myself, I dont really care about the ships themselves. So, blue or gray on the Tie doesn't matter to me much.

I'm guessing there's more sets... including retailer exclusives... that Lego has yet to announce. Plus the Feb release of TPM/3D may have jumbled their release schedules; it did for Hasbro.

Indeed. The retailer's catalog this year included only six sets.

As I said before, the old wings are only a half a plate thinner.

Can anyone identify the sloped piece on either side of the cockpit shield piece?

It looks like it should be a 3x1 slope, but if there were two, it would stick out and yet the curve seems to end after 4 studs. It could be that there's just a cheese slope, but that would look assymetrical and wreck the curve.

Could it be a new part? *oh2* (Or is my eyesight just bad?)

Overall, it is a FANTASTIC looking set and the figs are sooo ripe- :blush: - I mean, awesome. I will definitely be getting this one.

EDIT: Corrected the link.

post-12490-131148805419.jpg

Edited by Oddibossity

Your eyes do not deceive you, young padawan, it's indeed a 1x4 curved slope, but it's not really a new part. It's this piece from the Cars sets. :wink:

And yes, that new TIE does look fantastic except for that odd window, and so does Amidala! Like everyone else, I'm curious to see what kind of set she will come in.

Oh, wow. That's very nice indeed. I was just hoping that we'd get a new TIE Fighter after finishing The Force Unleashed the other day. :classic:

If those four minifigs are included with the TIE, that's great.

Amidala looks great too, and it looks like she gets a new skirt piece! Exciting news.

The new tie looks great and I love how they did the wings! Queen Amidala looks absolutely fantastic! We could not have hoped for a better fig. I just hope they do give us her in her Royal Starship, that would be the icing on the cake. :cry_happy:

If those four minifigs are included with the TIE, that's great.

This pic tells us they do. :sweet:

img_5386.jpg

I still prefer's Anio's version (below) but it's really nice to see the official TIE moving closer to that level of quality.

MOC+UCS+TIE+alt+oblique+%2528WM%2529.jpg

To be fair, however, I suspect I paid quite a lot more to source the parts for Anio's TIE than I'll have to pay for the new official version, so maybe it's not a fair comparison.

Nice job, LEGO !

D.

I like the fact they're making queen Amidala (herself :tongue:). The TIE looks great, except the very odd window piece :wacko:

And yes, that new TIE does look fantastic except for that odd window....

The TIE looks great, except the very odd window piece :wacko:

I don't see whats wrong with the new window piece? It seems like it's just on an odd angle in a couple of those pictures, but it'll look right when it's completely folded down?

I don't see whats wrong with the new window piece? It seems like it's just on an odd angle in a couple of those pictures, but it'll look right when it's completely folded down?

Agreed. I'm excited! We're finally having a new cockpit window piece that doesn't rely on fragile clips and unrealistic lasers... I bet it was just because TLG can now add flick-fire missiles :grin:

I'm sure it will all work out, and if it doesn't- hey! That's what MOD-ing is for.

(HOW MOD-ing will work for such a necessarily printed piece I don't know, but TLG still has a few more months.)

Intresting pictures, im gonna get that TIE Fighter atleast. Im exited to see the offical pictures of the sets.

Captain Becker