XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

@Brickdoctor, this was a great chance to do something special with all those ot sets related with episode IV.

They did, they gave us a x-wing, y-wing and tie fighter. There is still the summer wave

The Y-wing sounds great, and a celebration leis not wasting a DK book exclusive figure :sweet:

2012 is a great year :thumbup:

All of this sounds very nice, especially the minifig selections sound promising.

However, I'm not sure where the dark green Eta-2 Jedi starfighter (Anakin Skywalker's) rumors came from,

but I hope that it's just missing from the list and that we're still getting it. Would be nice to finally have a new ep.3 Anakin and Obi-Wan

as we haven't had those for a while.

All in all, I'm looking forward to this year - looking at the figures from the TIE Fighter, I'm sure the rest will be excellent as well!

Glad to have all these OT sets comin' out. :classic:

~ General Magma

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader. Included Minifigures are: Dutch Vander, R5-F7 and Ceremonial Princess Leia.

Dang. Another Y-Wing is the last thing I need or want... but it sounds interesting. Curious to see pics, and even more curious to see price.

Thanks for the info Mirandir-- and ready whenever you are for more disclosure over on the City thread, haha

@Brickdoctor, this was a great chance to do something special with all those ot sets related with episode IV.

That doesn't answer my question. Did you even expect this much OT before we got any 2012 rumors? Because I know this is more than I ever dreamed we'd get in 2012. Besides, the big sets nowadays aren't Winter releases, so if we did get an ISD in this wave, it'd probably be a Mini or Midi, of which we've already gotten both recently.

I just wanted to make a list of the new sets please correct me if there are any mistakes....

9674 Naboo Starfighter and Naboo Pilot

9675 Sebulba’s Podracer and Sebulba

9676 TIE Interceptor and TIE Pilot

9488 2 ARC Troopers(with small republic cannon) vs. 2 Commando Droids battle pack

9489 2 Endor Rebel(with commaand tree) vs. Scout Trooper & Stormtrooper

9491 Geonosian Cannon with geonosian warrior,geononsian drone and commander gree

9490 Droid Escape with C-3P0, R2-D2,2 sand troopers and escape pod

9492 TIE Fighter with tie pilot,imperial oficer,r5 droid and death star trooper

9493 X-Wing with Luke,Porkins,R2,Porkins R5 droid

3866 Battle of Hoth LEGO Game

I really like this list of sets,

with the CW battle pack dose anyone know if the clones are phase 1.5 or phase 2

will the geonosian cannon be the one that came the first geonosian fighter just bigger and better and is that one 24$ or 30$

I really hope the droid escape comes with a new dewpack

These sets sound great

I wonder if the jedi interceptor is and the one episode 1 set are limited edition sets

Looking forward to the battle packs. I wonder if they will use the same print from the Battle of Endor set for the rebel commandos.

Not excited about anything else really.

Hey, Mirandir, now would you like to disclose whom your source(s) is, now that the cat is out of the bag (for non english readers - now that all secrets are revealed)? Be as non descriptive as you want - Lego Employee, CEO, etc., or if you would not like to, just say so, it's totally understandable, no one doubts you any more.

Mixed BPs annoy me. I don't really have much money to buy SW and for example last year I only got one Snowtrooper BP, I don't think I would have spent that money on it if it only had two rebels and two snowtroopers. I mean, who wants rebels? They are a tad boring and have funny costumes.

What boring sets.

Surely everyone has atleast one x wing, not a single 'new' set,

You see, whenever there are no 'new' sets we get that complaint. But then TLG try to make a real new set like the Echo Base and everyone starts complaining about how the set was a bad idea and it is not possible to recognize it.

Edited by vexorian

Geonosian Cannon? Didn't we just get one of those? :wacko: Still the list looks okay. I hope the prices for the planets aren't too much. It also looks like I'll be buying two of the same battle pack from now on if the rumors are true....

Geonosian Cannon? Didn't we just get one of those? :wacko: Still the list looks okay. I hope the prices for the planets aren't too much. It also looks like I'll be buying two of the same battle pack from now on if the rumors are true....

No we got a proton cannon. They need an exuse to realise Gree :hmpf:

Now THIS ia a great list of sets :cry_happy:! Finally the TLC is stepping up in the game with new sets for all the audiences. The majority of OT sets is impressive considering the scarcity of the last years. Even thought I own every version of the sets listed, I am extremely excited for the new ones. I especially want to see the new Y-wing. The vehicle is great and a new version can only improve in the last outing which was awesome to begin with :laugh:.

No we got a proton cannon. They need an exuse to realise Gree :hmpf:

I'm not saying Gree is a bad thing. The name just seems to close to the old one. :wink:

Looking forward to the battle packs. I wonder if they will use the same print from the Battle of Endor set for the rebel commandos.

Most likely.

Geonosian Cannon? Didn't we just get one of those?

We got a Proton Cannon that isn't confined to Geonosis. I assume 'Geonosian Cannon' is a sonic cannon from Clones, and is the first of the Clones sets the same way Battle of Naboo was the first of the Menace sets.

Most likely.

We got a Proton Cannon that isn't confined to Geonosis. I assume 'Geonosian Cannon' is a sonic cannon from Clones, and is the first of the Clones sets the same way Battle of Naboo was the first of the Menace sets.

But a Commander Gree fig comes with it , so sadly , probaly not a AOTC set...

and comes with a zombie geonosian, and cw Bariss Offee

Edited by nrg

You see, whenever there are no 'new' sets we get that complaint. But then TLG try to make a real new set like the Echo Base and everyone starts complaining about how the set was a bad idea and it is not possible to recognize it.

The set wasn't a bad idea, the execution was. Good parts pack but that's it. Remakes are always welcome assuming they fix old problems, add new features that should be there, and make it more accurate. The new TIE did this more or less.

But a Commander Gree fig comes with it , so sadly , probaly not a AOTC set...

:wall: I forgot about that. :blush:

The set wasn't a bad idea, the execution was. Good parts pack but that's it. Remakes are always welcome assuming they fix old problems, add new features that should be there, and make it more accurate. The new TIE did this more or less.

Agreed. I don't mind remakes if they're good improvements.

Ooh, a remake of Droid Escape. I need that one, dont have the original. Maybe they'll throw some Sand troopers and a new dewback into this set, perhaps?

A new Y-wing too? Going to be really hard to resist these ships even though I've got all the previous models. They are appealing to the OT fan in me...

I am, however, pretty annoyed they're including a swoop bike in Droid Escape. Yeah, it's in the SE of IV, but it had nothing to do with the scene. This was a perfect opportunity for a new dewback.

I agree with you here. I'm a big fan of sets based on Tatooine, and this would have been a great chance to give us a new Dewback, Jawas, Sandpeople, or even a brick built Krayt Dragon skeleton. A swoop is a welcome addition, but it would have been more at home in a Mos Eisley set (something else that I'd really like to see).

That said, it does sound like a great set. I'll definitely be buying.

Excellent, so we have lots of Episode IV sets for 2012 :classic:

The 9490 Droid Escape is a definite purchase for me, as I missed the original one. It’s a shame they aren’t including a Dewback & a Stormtrooper or two, but I guess you can’t have it all!

I live in hope that Lego will do a new Cloud City one day (or even re-issue the original one!); surely they must know that it would be a guaranteed hit?

It seems I'm late to the party...

They're actually making a new Droid Escape? That means I was right. :tongue: Let's hope the droids can get out this time.

A MINI fighter with a minifigure, and Sebulba's pod... it's interesting how the most unlikely of our speculations turned out correct.

Dutch Vander is finally recognized by The LEGO Group!

Remakes are always welcome assuming they fix old problems, add new features that should be there, and make it more accurate. The new TIE did this more or less.

Yes. The Y-wing is a Special Edition set, though, so I don't expect anything too drastic... my money is on a better-looking X-wing.

I can confirm that that is the list of sets that I have plus two (The Special Edition sets weren't included in that list).

The new concept is called "Build the Galaxy" and consists of a planet, a display stand with a mini and a pilot minifig. The planet also comes with a "hanger" so you can it from the roof or whatever. I estimate that the planets are about 8-10 studs in diameter.

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader. Included Minifigures are: Dutch Vander, R5-F7 and Ceremonial Princess Leia.

Just What I thought with the planet sets.

The new Y-Wing sounds great as I missed the last one.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

I do wish we were getting something different for the Tatooine "Build a Galaxy" set. I was under the assumption that these would include new minifigures. A different Podracer would have been fantastic (ie. Ody Mandrell, Teemto Pagalies, etc.)!

Then again I have a feeling that Lego is testing the waters with these, and we might see brand new minifigures made if this first wave is profitable.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

I do wish we were getting something different for the Tatooine "Build a Galaxy" set. I was under the assumption that these would include new minifigures. A different Podracer would have been fantastic (ie. Ody Mandrell, Teemto Pagalies, etc.)!

Then again I have a feeling that Lego is testing the waters with these, and we might see brand new minifigures made if this first wave is profitable.

I would actually prefer a Boontha Eve Race set :tongue:! Sure, getting Sebulba in another set that just came out isn't the most exciting prospect but I would like the TLC to release more complete podracers in the future. This kind of vehicles are really great looking, it is a shame TLC just seems to care about Sebulba and Anakin's ones. Mirandir, have you seen the size of this sets? Are they MINI scale like those in the Advent Calendar? I would like a cross between MIDI and MINI for these ones.

Dutch Vander is finally recognized by The LEGO Group!

According to BL he's been done as a minifig before, even though his name wasn't listed on the box.