XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

This will also look very odd if placed next to another TLG designed TIE Advanced, TIE Bomber, or TIE Interceptor as well since they all use a similar design and have similar widths.

I agree. To me it looks just "ok", the grey detailing is cool but I'm definitely not liking the half-circle cockpit. It sticks out way too much!

Personally, I think the new canopy on the TIE/ln sticks out too far, but everything else looks pretty great. Huge improvements over previous versions. I was planning to do a TIE MOC using that technique for the edges of the wings, so I'll probably pick this up if the price is good for both the minifig and the pieces.

And Amidala's gown base of a 4-wide round plate is genius. Far better than the printed slope other dresses have.

Rebelscum:

Those minifigs looks awesome!!! I'm curious to know,what in what sort of set they will add Queen Amidala?!

Well the Tie-fighter looks ok,don't like the canopy at all but i see a lot of usefull pieces :devil:

Edited by Superkalle
Removed pics from quote

Thanks for the photos MightyMegs

The Death Star Trooper looks great, finally with a correctly-shaped helmet! This will be worth buying just for him :wub: I’m not too sure about the shape of the new cockpit window though, but I guess that's being a bit too picky! A definite improvement on the earlier versions, especially the colours.

Oh my goodness, that TIE is amazing, other than the cockpit of course. I really like the new Astromech, but I think the DS trooper's helmet is a bit too detailed for Lego IMO.

From the looks of that round piece, the cockpit ball of the new TIE/ln is going to need some work.

Am I the only one that hates the thickness of the new TIE wings? 3 plates thick! 4 to 5 if you count the tubing! The original was just 1 plate thick, 2 plates if you count some of the outside plates. TIE wings should NOT be this thick.

Actually, I too would have preferred that the wings be thinner (the border could have been done in this fashion). I'll be changing the wing panels anyway, so this doesn't bother me too much. Not only that, but these come in useful.

Personally, I think the new canopy on the TIE/ln sticks out too far, but everything else looks pretty great.

From the looks of it, there's just enough space for a 6-wide radar dish. :sweet: Or just scrap the ball altogether and use Robo Man's solution. I think that printed hemisphere piece might work well for a Scimitar assault bomber, though.

And I'm not usually one for minifigures, but I couldn't help noticing the great new R5-series head. :excited: It's too bad it isn't red, or it would have been perfect for a Red Leader X-wing.

Edited by fallenangel309

The new TIE and figs look fantastic! I think the biggest reason the cockpit looks bad in those pics is because it's open a click or two. I'll bet if it were closed all the way it would look a bit better.

Actually, I too would have preferred that the wings be thinner (the border could have been done in this fashion). I'll be changing the wing panels anyway, so this doesn't bother me too much. Not only that, but these come in useful.

From the looks of it, there's just enough space for a 6-wide radar dish. :sweet: Or just scrap the ball altogether and use Robo Man's solution. I think that printed hemisphere piece might work well for a Scimitar assault bomber, though.

You do realize that that solution is only thinner by a half a plate, right? And that if you count the studs, it's the same thickness? And if you count the LEGO written on each stud, it's actually thicker?

Stop it! :angry: You're giving away all the things I was working on for my next MOC! :tongue:

And I'm not usually one for minifigures, but I couldn't help noticing the great new R5-series head. :excited: It's too bad it isn't red, or it would have been perfect for a Red Leader X-wing.

There's going to be more R5 units in various colours. Lego isn't going to make a useful mold like that without reusing it.

Too bad these look really ugly.

The new TIE and figs look fantastic! I think the biggest reason the cockpit looks bad in those pics is because it's open a click or two. I'll bet if it were closed all the way it would look a bit better.

You maybe right. The TIE looks great in this pic: http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FLego_Panel&pic=IMG_5385.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Edited by simonjedi

I'd love to get a grey TIE- especially as I don't have a normal fighter yet- but that looks big, and thus expensive. Here's to hoping for a Theed plaset with Amidala.

Well, nice Tie fighter, though I agree the good doctor the canopy sticks out too far. :wink:

At least we have had a sneek peak at minfig's for next year......Queen Amidala will look totally AWESOME ! :grin:

Now back on to the Tie, it's not a UCS is it ? :look:

You do realize that that solution is only thinner by a half a plate, right? And that if you count the studs, it's the same thickness? And if you count the LEGO written on each stud, it's actually thicker?

Stop it! :angry: You're giving away all the things I was working on for my next MOC! :tongue:

I gotta start remembering to count stud thickness. :blush:

Oh? I'm looking forward to seeing this next MOC.

There's going to be more R5 units in various colours. Lego isn't going to make a useful mold like that without reusing it.

:sweet:

Too bad these look really ugly.

Eh, I don't mind the studded look too much.

@lightningtiger: Judging by the size of Anio's UCS TIE/ln, I'm guessing this new TIE is a System set.

Oh? I'm looking forward to seeing this next MOC.

@lightningtiger: Judging by the size of Anio's UCS TIE/ln, I'm guessing this new TIE is a System set.

It's still in the conceptual stage. I had ordered some parts for it, but I got sidetracked and about 75% of the parts ended up on my T-16 and AT-ST. :blush: Anyways, back on topic...

Plus it has a minifig in it. And far from the details required for a good UCS. (though minus the cockpit, if it was a UCS it'd be a lot like 10026 :sick: )

The TIE show some great improvements. But I would have liked to see them drop the oversized 6x6 inverted slope. The new cockpit look like a new print of the RGS canopy,

50747pb05.gif?1 it could look better if integrated 1 stud inside the cockpit.

The Weapons look like the old electric, light bulb cover 4773.gif Does that mean they will light up? Or is this just for the prototype and it will not make it trough production? That piece was last seen in a set in 2005 so I doubt it will come back as it is.

The exterior of the wings is the big plus with some greeblings and the Pylons show some roundness that was missing in the old renditions.

The gray instead of blue is the last improvement I see, But all my TIE were already converted to it. :classic:

The increased size, I don't mind it... If they redo the Tie Interceptor, the Tie bomber, the Tie advanced, the Tie Crawler, the Tie Defender and add a scimitar assault bomber for good measure with the same scale and wings design.

Last point, the last rendition was a $20 set, this one I fear it will be more than $50, I mean OK it's bigger and raw material price is not the same as in 2005 but for more than $50 I will not replace my already Black/gray Tie collection.

The Weapons look like the old electric, light bulb cover 4773.gif Does that mean they will light up? Or is this just for the prototype and it will not make it trough production? That piece was last seen in a set in 2005 so I doubt it will come back as it is.

It's this piece.58176.gif Edited by Brickdoctor

That make more sense, I had never seen that one before.

So no light up weapons then. And wait! No flick fire missiles? (happy dance)

But where is our supposed last UCS for 2011?

Aw, doc....I was going to post that too ! :laugh:

Anyway, how come the Tie pilot must go though the front.....we all know the pilot enters and exits the craft though that top hatch ! :wink:

So no light up weapons then. And wait! No flick fire missiles? (happy dance)

I wouldn't speak too soon. The piece I just mentioned is a common flick-fire tip, and the gun mounts definitely look like they could hold flick-fires. It looks to me like the set carries two flick-fires at the least. (though at least they're in a logical place)

Last point, the last rendition was a $20 set, this one I fear it will be more than $50, I mean OK it's bigger and raw material price is not the same as in 2005 but for more than $50 I will not replace my already Black/gray Tie collection.

I think you're grossly over estimating the price. $50 is Bounty hunter gunship money. I'm guessing 24.99 (30.00 at the most)

It looks to me like the set carries two flick-fires at the least. (though at least they're in a logical place)

Are you saying flick fire headlights aren't logical? default_look.gif

So this is all the 2012 stuff seen at ComicCon, right?

Anyway, how come the Tie pilot must go though the front.....we all know the pilot enters and exits the craft though that top hatch ! :wink:

Actually, the main ingress/egress hatch was intended to be in the back. :wink:

I wouldn't speak too soon. The piece I just mentioned is a common flick-fire tip, and the gun mounts definitely look like they could hold flick-fires. It looks to me like the set carries two flick-fires at the least. (though at least they're in a logical place)

Edited by fallenangel309

Very impressed with the new TIE Fighter. At first glance I assumed it was a UCS set.

The new minifigures look great too, especially the new astromech and Queen Amidala. Wonder if this means we're getting her starship next year?

The new minifigures look great too, especially the new astromech and Queen Amidala. Wonder if this means we're getting her starship next year?

I highly doubt it, because of both the chrome and the shape. Plus Amidala didn't wear the Throne Room gown on the starship during Menace, and the minifigs that make the most sense on the Royal Starship have already been released in this year's sets. (primarily in the Scimitar) My best guess is some sort of Theed playset.