XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Something strange is happening to me, and I only recently noticed it. While I was excited for the new releases initially, I am actually pull away from LSW. It almost seems like they are becoming that dreaded word, <insert that tiresome argument>. While I was initially thinking about picking up Jabba's Palace as my large purchase this year, I am beginning to think a large assortment of basic System would be more satisfying.

Am I the only person who is dissapointed with Malevolence Padme?

It is CW though...

Welcome to the club :hmpf:

Officially the most ugly SW minifig ever IMHO

Something strange is happening to me, and I only recently noticed it. While I was excited for the new releases initially, I am actually pull away from LSW. It almost seems like they are becoming that dreaded word, <insert that tiresome argument>. While I was initially thinking about picking up Jabba's Palace as my large purchase this year, I am beginning to think a large assortment of basic System would be more satisfying.

I think it has to do with The Clone Wars being a kid show and the writers/designers/whatever not making much effort into it to appeal to a wider audience (although that's another debate). The basic design of every new ship from the show seems to have more and more parts that move around one way or another without it having any sense or purpose to do so, just so they would appeal to younger audience (at least that's my guess). Honestly, I think TLC is making a great job capturing the look and "functionality" of each of them (with some really inspired building technique, I might add) but it's the original material itself that I find sorely lacking.

Anything from the movies, on the other hand, keeps getting better and better with each new rendition.

And those ships from The SWTOR game are absolutely fantastic.

Now if only we could get some pictures of the UCS B-Wing. That R2D2 looks interesting but a little on the small side to me...

Is it on bricklink already?

just check Bricklink :wink:

Are you saying that all this time you have been under the illusion that Lego Star Wars were toys made for adults? The main target audience has always been kids just like the main target audience for the Clone Wars series has always been kids too.

just check Bricklink :wink:

Are you saying that all this time you have been under the illusion that Lego Star Wars were toys made for adults? The main target audience has always been kids just like the main target audience for the Clone Wars series has always been kids too.

I am not saying that in the least, but that now that I have had a chance to actually examine 2012's offerings, I am much less impressed than I was initially.

Are there any news regarding the new Darth Maul promo fig?

Is it on bricklink already?

Just had a quick look and the answer is no

Am I the only person who is dissapointed with Malevolence Padme?

It is CW though...

He mouth print is too low. Compare where her mouth is to Anakin in this picture. So I would assaume that getting her mouth higher would fix the look. :sweet:

6865466777_aac7f821e3_z.jpg

Not all people have mouth in the same height.

But in this case I agree it should be higher.

I just went and looked at all of my "The Clone Wars" figures, I have most of them, and the mouths are all in about the same place.

He mouth print is too low. Compare where her mouth is to Anakin in this picture. So I would assaume that getting her mouth higher would fix the look. :sweet:

Oh my god :sick:. I hadn't seen that before, that has to be the worst looking fig ever (even worse than Kai-Adi), poor Padme fans, waiting so long for a new version and this happens :laugh:.

<..> poor Padme fans, waiting so long for a new version and this happens :laugh:.

Nah, we could always replace this head with the PoP one we got in The Podracers :hmpf:

I think the eyes need to be closer together, too. Plus, the eyes appear to be too horizonal, the outer angles need to be slightly higher (I think that's why she looks a bit retarded).

At least she is not friends!

The new Padme looks really ugly, suprised lego didn't do a better job on her.

I was looking Over the First Page and I noticed there were no prices below the new sets, so here are the prices of the new sets I know for sure...

Saesee Tinn's Jedi Starfighter-29.99$

Republic Stricker-44.99$

Gungan Sub-69.99$

Furry Class Interceptor-89.99

I don't know the prices of the other three sets for sure but I believe these are there prices...

Skiff-24.99$

Malevolence-119.99$

Jabba's Palace-139.99

Every set seems to be overpriced except for the Skiff and Malvolence.

Dose anyone know if the knew UCS R2-D2 can move, it sure would be great if he did and from the image it looks like he might be at the far end of the table for a reason.

Yeah like that would make her much wors than this demonic thing :sceptic:.

Eyes are the wrong shape, too far apart, the mouth is too big and too low down, and the hair looks like it was made for a man or something with huge ears.

The new Padme looks really ugly, suprised lego didn't do a better job on her.

I was looking Over the First Page and I noticed there were no prices below the new sets, so here are the prices of the new sets I know for sure...

Saesee Tinn's Jedi Starfighter-29.99$

Republic Stricker-44.99$

Gungan Sub-69.99$

Furry Class Interceptor-89.99

I don't know the prices of the other three sets for sure but I believe these are there prices...

Skiff-24.99$

Malevolence-119.99$

Jabba's Palace-139.99

Every set seems to be overpriced except for the Skiff and Malvolence.

Dose anyone know if the knew UCS R2-D2 can move, it sure would be great if he did and from the image it looks like he might be at the far end of the table for a reason.

Jabba's Palace was already confirmed to be $119.99 still a bit overpriced but worth it.

Eyes are the wrong shape, too far apart, the mouth is too big and too low down, and the hair looks like it was made for a man or something with huge ears.

I'm just happy to be getting a Clone Wars Padme, finally. If the face does turn out like this and its not just a miss-print then I will swap it for another head. The body stays though I'm pleased with that.

I am especially curious to see if it will be possible to add power funtions to R2-D2. While the design looks great, I can definitely see some possibilities for even more customization. And I am curious how many R2-Q5's will be created once the instructions are out? It seems like a great set to tailor to specific wants and needs.

Hmmm....Padme looks kinda weird but I suppose you could swap her head like other members have said.

And why does Anakin have the Season 3 body? I thought the Malevolence was in Season 1 :sceptic:

Hmmm....Padme looks kinda weird but I suppose you could swap her head like other members have said.

And why does Anakin have the Season 3 body? I thought the Malevolence was in Season 1 :sceptic:

Probably because they no longer make the old one. Every set from now one will almost certainly have the new one.

Frankly, I would have preferred that over this. default_sceptic.gif

Screenshot2012-02-19at002841.png

I don't understand what you guys are complaining about? :shrug_confused:

Correct eyes? - Check

Big mouth? - Check

Huge ears? - Check

I'd say that it is a 95% accurate representation of the character. What would have made it 100% is if Lego would have printed the red gloves on her wrists.

If you wish to blame someone then blame LucasArts for drawing her that way.

Edited by legolandia