XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I think that they may be replacing sand green with olive green. Sand green was the last remaining sand color.

How many brightly-colored characters (aside from Clones, stormies, etc) are there in SW? Not many.

Ahsoka

Aayla Secura

Gungans

Shaak Ti

Almost every Astromech Droid

Princess Leia

Boba Fett

So yeah, not many. I'm not sure about Sand Green being replaced by Olive Green though, since the Sand variant is used in the 2011 Hogwarts Castle. :sceptic:

I'm really sad that there is no Rancorn in this set but well, It looks pretty awesome without it. The desing of roof is magnificent. I also like that "pulling system" which makes moving of Jabba's... sofa? Yeah, maybe.

What about Mavolence (this epic blue ship :P )? If it is cheaper than Jabba's Palace, It will be smaller. And (I think) that this Palace is not too big. Oh... :< I was really waiting for that set.

I'm really sad that there is no Rancorn in this set but well, It looks pretty awesome without it. The desing of roof is magnificent. I also like that "pulling system" which makes moving of Jabba's... sofa? Yeah, maybe.

What about Mavolence (this epic blue ship :P )? If it is cheaper than Jabba's Palace, It will be smaller. And (I think) that this Palace is not too big. Oh... :< I was really waiting for that set.

Jabba's Palace has been comfirmed to be somewhere around 800 pieces (Ridiculous for a $140 set, IMO) and Malevolence around 1,000, so I thinkt that the Malevolence will, in fact, be bigger than the Palace.

Jabbas Palace is looking fantastic! So much better than the prelims. :thumbup:

Thanks for the video link, was just gonna say that it looked like Oola was hidden under Jabba :laugh:

Really does look like Lego would be able to make a Rancor Pit set down the line as well, would sit right under the palace....

Oooh just noticed a printed 1x1 round tile for the thermal detonator as well!

This is still a prelim, so I don't see how it's much better besides having more finalized figs...

Nonetheless, I think this set is amazing. They accomplished something that I thought could be the hardest part to pull off, which is including the bare minimum interior while maintaining the exterior profile, as they did effectively in Hogwarts Castle two years ago. It is a pity that the Rancor Pit isn't included, but I suppose that might've added to the already-likely-to-be-outrageous price.

Thank you very much for the links, pics and information, Brickfigurines, CaptainCRO and arima30! :classic:

Jabba's Palace is indeed :wub: :wub: !

The exterior as well as the interior and the minifigs look all very realistic. :thumbup:

The only three things I don't like are that the entrance is again that small, that there's no prison cell and that the price - if informed correctly - will be usury. :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

The price is rudiculous...but it's the same piece/price ratio as for home one, isn't it?

Edited by CaptainCRO

Man, Jabba's Palace is actually a good looking set. I was secretly hoping it would be bad so I could easily pass on it and wouldn't have to pay the high pricetag this set is rumored to have. Oh well, maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list this year and cross my fingers that Santa gets it for me. :tongue:

I am a little bummed that they seem to be counting Han's carbonite block accessory itself as a "minifigure" now. Would have been cool to have gotten an actual 10th minifig of a new alien or something, but hey, can't complain too much since this thing is already packed to the gills with new minifigs. :wub:

The price is rudiculous...but it's the same piece/price ratio as for home one, isn't it?

Home One didn't sell very well and even when LEGO clearanced it on S@H & B&M stores, it took awhile to sell off inventory. I foresee Jabba's Palace overcoming the poor piece/price ratio and selling well regardless.

Granted Wookies all look the same,

They don't at all. They have different colour fur to start with. :wink:

This set really looks nice and I can't wait to see all the details on the minifigs! Though it's quite a bit pricy - by the size I think it should be around the 100€ (it looks just a bit bigger than the POTC Whitecap bay to me) but guess all the figures lift the price up more than I thought they will ):

As far as I know is going to be GB£120 so I would expect the European price to be more like 140 euro or so.

Jabba's Palace is looking great. If it were cheaper, I'd definitely go for it, but it seems rather pricey for such a small set. Granted, of course, it's loaded with new minifigures, with a few great features, but other than that it's too expensive. A rancor might have made it worth it, though.

As for the whole Christmas issue, these sets do should come out in Augest, as always. You'll notice the more expensive sets always get put in this wave, because Christmas is not that far from Augest, and people are thus willing to spend more, and in addition most people would rather find large rattling boxes than small ones. It's all business, really.

:wub: That set looks incredible. All the minfigs look great...except for Salacious and Jabba. Something about them seems...wrong. I guess I just don't really like the style of printing they've used for Jabba. Nevertheless, I think it's an improvement over the old one. This set's a definite buy for me.

They don't at all. They have different colour fur to start with. :wink:

As far as I know is going to be GB£120 so I would expect the European price to be more like 140 euro or so.

I expect the price to be EUR 139,99 or EUR 149,99. I think that there will be huge discount, so that the set will be available for EUR 100-110.

:wub: That set looks incredible. All the minfigs look great...except for Salacious and Jabba. Something about them seems...wrong. I guess I just don't really like the style of printing they've used for Jabba. Nevertheless, I think it's an improvement over the old one. This set's a definite buy for me.

I immediately thought that Jabba looks a lot like a TCW figure.

How many brightly-colored characters (aside from Clones, stormies, etc) are there in SW? Not many.

Skyhopper Pilot, numerous Rebel Pilots (Green & Orange), Greedo, Royal Guards, Bespin Guards, Senator Palpatine, R-3PO to name a few.

I'm genuinely really impressed by the new photos of Jabba's Palace, it's a vast improvement on the earlier prelims. My favourite part is the shape of the roof! :wub::wub: I just hope that it's not going to be over £100; it looks similar to (7879) Echo Base which is £92 for 768 pieces & 8 minifigures so it should be around this?

I can see this being an exclusive.....but perhaps I'm being too pessimistic :laugh:

I think crumb will probably be similair to Rota, will have some small articulation. But really all I remember seeing him do is laugh.

I think crumb will probably be similair to Rota, will have some small articulation. But really all I remember seeing him do is laugh.

I think he teases C-3PO. Then, he is shot by R2-D2 and jumps up to something. He than hisses down to R2. At least, that is what I remember (and I haven't seen the film for a couple of years).

Exactly. I think it's the eyes, they shouldn't be as open as they are here. The half circle shape isn't accurate either. Of course, it's still much better than the previous mold, and the head turning is a huge plus.

Jabba's set looks great I was hoping I could keep myself from wanting this set but now I think I must have it lol.

Thought I'd share this with you guys:

Queen_amidala.png

EDIT: Even more! BWAHAHAHA!

SKIFF.png

GUNGAN.png

This one is sort of bad, but you can just barely make out Padme and a green astromech, along with the Jedi with pointy ears..

SWFigs2012.png

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

After I have watched this video for 219412431542 times, I think Jabba looks quite wierd. I actually preffer the design of old Jabba, except the new one has printing and movable head so it's obviusly better in that aspect.

Thought I'd share this with you guys:

Queen_amidala.png

-Sci

Great find! Thank you!

That is one BEAUTIFUL minifig.

Wow, thanks! Does anyone recognize the gun of Boba?

I can't seem to focus on it, my eyes keep drifting to his legs. :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

It looks like a scoped pistol with a black lightsaber handle on the end.

Jabba's Palace looks quite nice! Bib Fortuna is as creepy as ever, with a new torso, it looks like! :cry_happy: I don't really like the Gamorrean Guard, they look slightly Clone Wars-ish. Oola looks great! I wish I could see her front, though. Jabba is fantastic! Love the printing on this! I like Salacious, though he's a bit, um, boring? :sceptic: Leia is perfect! But who is the Unidentified Minifig? It's still quite a small set.

How much will the Gungan sub cost? Scrub looks awesome by the way! :wub: But the set he comes in is too expensive! I don't get it, why such a price?

Will any of these figs have the CW style face?

Edited by Otherworld