XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I am only excited for Jabba and Leia in Boushh uniform because Oola is like I said pretty similar to Aayla and Salacious will probably be one wierd piece.

Remember these are prelims. Jaba was quite clearly unpainted and Oola was most likely just a photoshopped Aayla Scura. That doesn't mean the final version will be like that, it's just the closest thing they had to demonstrate what the set will look like.

I'm not super excited about any of these sets though, the Palace will be a bit too far out of my price range and I thought Old Republic was a plain awful game. The Skiff seems like a good way to finally get a Jedi Luke though (and Boba Fett, for those who don't have him) and at this point I feel I have to own all of the Jedi Starfighters :laugh:

The Skiff seems like a good way to finally get a Jedi Luke though (and Boba Fett, for those who don't have him) and at this point I feel I have to own all of the Jedi Starfighters :laugh:

Well he isn't actually a Jedi at that point, but he could double as one.

Well he isn't actually a Jedi at that point, but he could double as one.

Then, according to you, Ahsoka is not a Jedi. Nor was Obi-Wan in Ep.I. Or Anakin in Ep.II. Or any other Padawan.

Then, according to you, Ahsoka is not a Jedi. Nor was Obi-Wan in Ep.I. Or Anakin in Ep.II. Or any other Padawan.

Luke: Then I am a Jedi...

Yoda: No. Not yet. One thing remains. Vader. You must confront Vader! Then, only then, a Jedi will you be.

If Yoda says you aren't a Jedi, then you probably aren't a Jedi.

Luke: Then I am a Jedi...

Yoda: No. Not yet. One thing remains. Vader. You must confront Vader! Then, only then, a Jedi will you be.

If Yoda says you aren't a Jedi, then you probably aren't a Jedi.

The OT never made any distinction among Padawan, Knight, and Master. I think Yoda meant Jedi Knight.

The OT never made any distinction among Padawan, Knight, and Master. I think Yoda meant Jedi Knight.

The OT was a simpler time where you either were a Jedi or you weren't. Don't try to connect the OT back to PT retcons. Luke wasn't a Jedi, he was learning to become one. Being instructed by a Jedi does not make you a Jedi. It's like going to medical school, you may be referred to as a doctor while training, but until you finish, you are not actually a doctor.

As for Episode I Obi-Wan, Lucas doesn't even know what he is. He is constantly referred to as a Padawan, but the title crawl calls him a Jedi Knight.

Edited by StoutFiles

The OT was a simpler time where you either were a Jedi or you weren't. Don't try to connect the OT back to PT retcons.

Am I missing something? The OT does mention the separate titles of "Knight" and "Master". Nothing was retconned by adding the term Padawan into the mix.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from Toy Fair this coming weekend! We should finally see some good shots of finished products.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from Toy Fair this coming weekend! We should finally see some good shots of finished products.

Finished? Haha! The sets are almost never finished and almost always have preliminary parts, if they're new parts, in them. Sorry to rain on your parade. But we'll, hopefully, get better pictures of those lovely new minifigures. :wub:

Am I missing something? The OT does mention the separate titles of "Knight" and "Master". Nothing was retconned by adding the term Padawan into the mix.

It clearly does when people think that a Padawan is a Jedi, and not a Jedi-in-training. You are either a Jedi or you aren't. Yoda specifically says he is not a Jedi, and anything that would counteract that would be a retcon. He becomes a Jedi after fully resisting the dark side in the throne room. If learning the Force under a teacher makes you a Jedi, then he would be one in Episodes IV and V, and that is both false and laughable.

Finished? Haha! The sets are almost never finished and almost always have preliminary parts, if they're new parts, in them. Sorry to rain on your parade. But we'll, hopefully, get better pictures of those lovely new minifigures. :wub:

I hope so. Last year's summer wave had hardly anything changed after Toy Fair.

It clearly does when people think that a Padawan is a Jedi, and not a Jedi-in-training. You are either a Jedi or you aren't. Yoda specifically says he is not a Jedi, and anything that would counteract that would be a retcon. He becomes a Jedi after fully resisting the dark side in the throne room. If learning the Force under a teacher makes you a Jedi, then he would be one in Episodes IV and V, and that is both false and laughable.

I hope so. Last year's summer wave had hardly anything changed after Toy Fair.

A Jedi is a member of the Jedi Order.

A Jedi is a member of the Jedi Order.

There wasn’t many Jedi left towards the end of Episode VI, if my memory serves, so I doubt if there was still an order (or a need for one!!) But I digress....

Anyway, after seeing the most recent photos etc it could be a cheap(ish) year for me after all. I quite like Jabba’s Palace (or at least what I have seen of it) although £100+ for a 700-800 part set does seem rather pricey. I think that I’ll wait & see what the UCS R2 & B Wing look like before making a final decision...I really hope that these are going to be worthy of a UCS status :wub::wub:

Edited by Lobot

I think if you have the Force and are at least a Younglin you're a jedi...lets get back on topic though.

I was looking at the Star Wars Prototype topic and I noticed two Mandilorian Fighters on the display case... I believe one of those will be very similar to Pre's Fighter, which reminds me, do we know if the Pre's Fighter is a Walmart or Toys R Us limited edition set? I have a strong feeling the Fighter will be Toys R Us set(due to it size) and Palapatines' Arrest will be a Walmart set very similar to Lukes Landspeeder(5 minifigs, small speeder)which was also a Walmart set.

Can't wait to see good pictures of the final versions of the new sets this week!

Just looking back at those prelims, I really hope Jabba's Palace has more in it...that is quite disappointing.

The palace is about as good as it's going to get, whether you like it or not this set is about the rerelease of retired figures and new exclusives that have been in demand by fans and it is this aspect where this set excels

I too am looking foward to what we'll learn this weekend at the NY Toy Fair. I'm hoping to see more of Jabba's Palace as it looked very good in the Padawan Menace. I know it was all CGI but at least it showed LEGO was already thinking about it.

I am only excited for Jabba and Leia in Boushh uniform because Oola is like I said pretty similar to Aayla and Salacious will probably be one wierd piece.

Oola and Aayla are of the same species(are they not). So, of course they're going to look alike.

Oola and Aayla are of the same species(are they not). So, of course they're going to look alike.

They are the same species (Twi'lek) but they could do different Leku positioning (although I doubt they will). I think it's great to get a new shade of Twi'lek. With most Alien species, we have one mold in one set color, so it is very hard to do a MOC with more than one of a lot of alien species. Granted Wookies all look the same, but it was really nice to get a new Rodian headpiece IMO, and I am really looking forward to Oola.

On brickipedia there are pics of malevolence jabbas palace old republic sets planet set plus seasee starfighter

Also support the jedi temple Coruscant It has over 80 supports

Link.http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6878

It

looks like a cool idea

Edited by Brickfigurines

I don't know if someone mentioned it before, but there will be a new LEGO Star Wars film (like Padawan Menace) in summer, probably July2012.

I hope that in this film we can see some hints for Sets 2013...(-;

BTW: R2D2 is supposed to be released in June2012, 10227 B-Wing in September.

Still no more information for the B-Wing yet...

Greetings. Hendrik

Jabbas Palace is looking fantastic! So much better than the prelims. :thumbup:

Thanks for the video link, was just gonna say that it looked like Oola was hidden under Jabba :laugh:

Really does look like Lego would be able to make a Rancor Pit set down the line as well, would sit right under the palace....

Oooh just noticed a printed 1x1 round tile for the thermal detonator as well!

Edited by smokebelch