XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

The SWTOR sets give me hope that we will see some other stuff. But I think what we see will be limited in it's scope, size and time periods.

I would love to see more SWTOR stuff.

Cant wait for an XS Light Freighter or a BT-7 Thunderclap.

@faefrost and @Gory51: Please read the rules about posting in this thread. :classic:

1500 bricks for the B-Wing! I'm impressed and am looking forward to seeing how this was achieved. I'd have thought a few hundred extra bricks may have been needed. As for comments concerning the B-Wings lack of iconography when compared to say an AT AT in the films I think people forget that even obscure ships were planted firmly in the minds of GenXers through the release of Kenner toys in the 80's and the X-Wing and Tie Fighter computer games in the 90's. I was dying to play the B-Wing expansion pack!!! :grin:

I think 1500 bricks would be enough for a B-wing UCS scale. The wings are quite thin so they dont need that many bricks.

I think 1500 bricks would be enough for a B-wing UCS scale. The wings are quite thin so they dont need that many bricks.

I would really be surprised if it wasn't larger than minifig-scale. It's a starfighter. TLG only seems to do minifig-scale UCS sets when the set is already going to be quite massive at minifig-scale, such as is the case with the Falcon and the shuttle. (off the top of my head, I can only think of 10026 as a minifig-scale UCS fighter) And like you said, at 1,500 bricks, the model should be too large to be minifig-scale. (the wings could be very precisely-shaped SNOT with headlight bricks everywhere, which would drive part count up, but I highly doubt that)

Keep this on topic please. There is another thread for speculation on what would make a good future set. Thanks!

Keep this on topic please. There is another thread for speculation on what would make a good future set. Thanks!

Sorry about that. :blush:

EDIT: I did not realise which thread I was in when posting earlier as I was replying to a comment on SWTOR ships. Had too many threads open at the time

Edited by Gory51

Sorry about that. :blush:

EDIT: I did not realise which thread I was in when posting earlier as I was replying to a comment on SWTOR ships. Had too many threads open at the time

No problem. :classic:

Sorry about drifting a little off there :(

On a more on topic note my local Lego store dude said they will have the new R2D2's on the shelves tomorrow (I think we knew this one already) and the rest of the sets would not be until late summer :cry_sad:

Am I the only SW Lego fan that is completely un-exited about the $180 "8 bit Artoo"? :wacko:

Am I the only SW Lego fan that is completely un-exited about the $180 "8 bit Artoo"? :wacko:

I'm not that excited. I have no idea what I'd do with it. It wouldn't fit in with my other models on display; its parts aren't really worth the price if I parted it out; and I owned (before I parted it out and misplaced some pieces) the Mindstorms Artoo, which makes this one seem a lot less impressive.

I'm not that excited. I have no idea what I'd do with it. It wouldn't fit in with my other models on display; its parts aren't really worth the price if I parted it out; and I owned (before I parted it out and misplaced some pieces) the Mindstorms Artoo, which makes this one seem a lot less impressive.

At almost $200 USD one would kinda hope that it would be self mobilating, and come with the fully stocked booze dispenser from Jabba's sail barge. :tongue:

I also don't like it and also referred to it as like looking at an old pixelated low resolution video game in the R2 thread. I was actually just posting there about how blocky I think it looks. Many may like it, but I don't really.

I feel the same way about it. It's just a little too blah for me. Nothing spectacular. It seems more like a collectors piece for someone who is a die-hard SW fan but not a huge LEGO nerd like us. :tongue:

I feel the same way about it. It's just a little too blah for me. Nothing spectacular. It seems more like a collectors piece for someone who is a die-hard SW fan but not a huge LEGO nerd like us. :tongue:

...have no fear! There are plenty of sculpture fans out there! R2 will sit nicely next to Maul, Yoda and Grevious :wink:

Well, UCS R2 certainly is a very nice collector's piece and might become pretty valuable over time. I too am just a system sets collector and therefore won't go for it.

However, i keep wondering. Is Luke really supposed to come with a grey shirt in 9496? See here

The last few dozen times i watched EP VI, his tunic was plain black. So is this a preliminary torso or his final appearance?

And btw: Has anyone seen the Zuckuss minifig of 9516 yet? So Ree-Yees will be left out for sure? :sad:

Since you asked the question, put me on the side that isn't excited. I think the set looks cool but it isn't something that I want. Maybe it'll grow on me over time.

Hasbro used to make their Jedi Luke figures with a grey vest like the new Lego one. It's likely an issue with the original film where it's hard to tell what color it actually should be. I think it is actually a dark grey/brownish color, but appeared black in most scenes in the film.

Hasbro used to make their Jedi Luke figures with a grey vest like the new Lego one. It's likely an issue with the original film where it's hard to tell what color it actually should be. I think it is actually a dark grey/brownish color, but appeared black in most scenes in the film.

Looks like black with the top layer being dark grey. Linky to a known screenshot.

IMO, UCS R2-D2 looks fine,a little blocky but hey, its lego. :laugh: I wont be getting it most likely (UCS isn't really my thing) but it's a nice model none the less (for a decent price too).

More and slightly better pics!

b_9496_box_side.jpg

b_9497_box_side.jpg

c_9497_detail_1.jpg

b_9498_box_side.jpg

b_9499_box_side.jpg

c_9499_detail_1.jpg

b_9500_box_side.jpg

c_9500_detail_1.jpg

b_9515_box_side.jpg

c_9515_detail_1.jpg

b_9516_box_side.jpg

c_9516_detail_1.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by GRogall

And GRogall strikes again! Thanks a million for these pictures :sweet: It seems that anakin has his old outfit in the malevolence, probably to be show accurate I guess :sceptic: And Leia has hair in the jabba's palace set *oh2* , not necessary but its still nice.

Thanks, grogall! :classic:

I was hoping they'd change, but Bastilla's Obi-Wan's, Bib's, and CW Padme's faces still all look pretty bad. :sceptic:

The Palace is still the only definite buy for me, but, man, that sub gets more tempting every time I look at it.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

More and slightly better pics!

Enjoy!

Thank you so much GRogall :wub:.

And now for the planet sets!

b_9677_box_side.jpg

c_9677_detail_1.jpg

b_9678_box_side.jpg

c_9678_detail_1.jpg

b_9679_box_side.jpg

c_9679_detail_1.jpg

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

Now on to City sets...........

I have to say that I'm really disappointed that they used marbled plastic instead of a print for Bespin and Yavin IV. Bespin looks okay, even if the swirls are all going the wrong way, but Yavin just looks strange.

Thanks GRogall! I like the look of that AT-ST. From comparing images it looks better than the 30054 mini (though I haven't built that yet) - the legs look a lot better. The X-Wing looks a lot more similar to its polybag counterpart.