XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Hi everyone I just read on brickset that legoland Windsor are giving away a free shirtless darth maul fig with every star wars Lego purchase worth £20 or more. If this is true looks like we will be seeing much more of maul this year. Hopefully should drive down the crazy prices

I'm almost certain that the shirtless Darth Maul minifig will be given away at other venues such as SDCC or Celebration VI or both. I would wait until then to get this minifig at a more reasonable price.

The price of this minifigure will most probably drop down to the same as the white mandalorian. There's no way that I would give my money at those greedy current sellers that ask for £50+

I really like Satele Shan's outfit, I wonder why they didn't give her a new face.

250px-Satele_Shan.jpg

She looks Asiatic in her cinematic pictures so I don't think that face fits.

Edited by Otherworld

Hmm does she? Both her and Bastilla are modled on Jenifer Hale arn't they? It may be a combo of the the armour style and hair, but I dont see it. However having said that, I dont think TLG head in that pic suits her.

Hmm does she? Both her and Bastilla are modled on Jenifer Hale arn't they? It may be a combo of the the armour style and hair, but I dont see it. However having said that, I dont think TLG head in that pic suits her.

Satele was modled after Sno E. Blac.

MV5BMTgyNzIxMjc0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc1NDEwNg@@._V1_SX80.jpg

I really like Satele Shan's outfit, I wonder why they didn't give her a new face.

That may not be her head. That is a Toy Fair picture, after all.

Does anybody know if Lando is gonna be black like the older versions or a lighter black like Captain Panaka?

Does anybody know if Lando is gonna be black like the older versions or a lighter black like Captain Panaka?

I think that he will be reddish brown like the old one, though I may be wrong.

He looks reddish-brown in this pic (from FBTB):

6865174569_ac6f2ea116_z.jpg

He looks reddish-brown in this pic (from FBTB):

6865174569_ac6f2ea116_z.jpg

Did anyone else think of making a stereotypical Italian chef right after seeing Lando's face? That mustache is perfect!

EDIT: And the smile, and the eyebrows.

Edited by purpleparadox

Did anyone else think of making a stereotypical Italian chef right after seeing Lando's face? That mustache is perfect!

EDIT: And the smile, and the eyebrows.

YES! :rofl:

I kinda expected that though, considering (not to be racist) that Panka has lighter skin than Lando in the movies.

-Sci

YES! :rofl:

I kinda expected that though, considering (not to be racist) that Panka has lighter skin than Lando in the movies.

-Sci

I'm pretty sure an observation like that cant be ever seen as racist. However I would have had them about the same, but I didn't like the colour used on the Lego version of Panaka, but the One for Lando looks too dark.

I'm pretty sure an observation like that cant be ever seen as racist. However I would have had them about the same, but I didn't like the colour used on the Lego version of Panaka, but the One for Lando looks too dark.

Is this the same color they used for Panaka? I've often wondered what happened to it. It was a good brown color for darker skin: not to dark, not to light.

spd029.jpg

Image ©Brickset

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

Is this the same color they used for Panaka? I've often wondered what happened to it. It was a good brown color for darker skin: not to dark, not to light.

I checked on Bricklink and it says that Panaka's color is "Medium Dark Flesh", while that figure's is "Dark Flesh". I don't like the medium version as much as the regular version, it seems less accurate.

I hate the Dark Flesh heads. There's no hands, torsos, arms, or legs to match it. Reddish Brown works way better.

That helmet is a masterpiece. :wub:

Official images of the sets haven't popped up, right?

Only a few really tiny ones on that store website. I was hoping that larger ones would have been imminent after that, but nothing so far...

Only a few really tiny ones on that store website. I was hoping that larger ones would have been imminent after that, but nothing so far...

Yeah, and then also when we expected hi-res pictures from Grogall straight after he posted some hi-res pictures in another thread... :wacko:

Yeah, and then also when we expected hi-res pictures from Grogall straight after he posted some hi-res pictures in another thread... :wacko:

Yes, I hope Grogall can come through :wink:

Does anyone know for certain what the score with the Darth Maul and TC 14 is? I mean will these be included in promotional offers or other giveaway events?

Also, which one is a rarer figure, Maul or TC14?

Edited by legolandia

Does anyone know for certain what the score with the Darth Maul and TC 14 is? I mean will these be included in promotional offers or other giveaway events?

I'd say Maul (shirtless one) is way rarer. TC14 will be available to the public, assuming they pay the required $75 for other sets. Maul was only available in a convention, and even then, not everyone got it.

For the time being they're both pretty rare. I would say there are more Maul minifigs out on the market. However after May the 4th, TC-14 will become available to a ton of people. I bet we'll see the Maul minifig given away at SDCC or CVI. For now it's a matter of being patient.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Love Darth rolling those dice on the game box :laugh: I am super excited to see Palpatines arrest! Hoping for a good looking office and some exclusive Jedi figures! Hoping for a better Kit Fisto. That old one just didn't really do it for me, the whole weird neck thing was a big turn off

Just to be sure - the Star Wars game isn't going to be available in the U.S. right?

Everything I've heard points to 'no'. Hasbro's fault, again.

Love Darth rolling those dice on the game box :laugh: I am super excited to see Palpatines arrest! Hoping for a good looking office and some exclusive Jedi figures! Hoping for a better Kit Fisto. That old one just didn't really do it for me, the whole weird neck thing was a big turn off

Hopefully the Kit Fisto fig will at least be the new olive green colour like the most recent mute gunray. I agree the old one was a bit awkward to pose and in general wasn't as good as I think Lego could have made him. In terms of exclusive jedi I think we will see Mace, Tinn, Kit and maybe Kolar and most probably Anakin. It would be cool if they threw in a couple of background characters for the set. Characters like Mas Ammenda or a couple of senators. I can only imagine a high price point because of a couple of new moulds. The only figs that would need new moulds that could possibly be in this set are Kit Fisto, Mas Ammenda, a new hair piece for palpatine and on a very optimistic note a new yoda. They would Change Tinn because we have already seen him in his new star fighter and Lego wouldn't make a new two completely different moulded figs in one wave. Maybe Kolar but I believe they would use Koth's hair piece. And mace needs nothing.